IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo questions
4/13/10, 9:27 PM   #1
Kokomo questions
arctic monkey21

Thinking about going to Kokomo on Sunday. I've never been before and will be coming from Anderson. Any advice on best way to get there or anything else a first timer at the track should know would be appreciated.

4/13/10, 9:46 PM   #2
Re: Kokomo questions
D.N.3

You are in for a treat!!

4/13/10, 10:13 PM   #3
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic monkey21 View Post
Thinking about going to Kokomo on Sunday. I've never been before and will be coming from Anderson. Any advice on best way to get there or anything else a first timer at the track should know would be appreciated.
You might be a first timer, but I doubt after Sunday you will be a last timer. Great facility and the racing has been great since they changed the track.

I go the back way to Kokomo from Anderson. PM me if you are interested and I will detail my route to you.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4/13/10, 10:42 PM   #4
speidel21

kokomo has some of the best action packed weekly sprintcar racing around
Last edited by speidel21; 4/13/10 at 10:48 PM.

4/13/10, 11:14 PM   #5
stuecklen

Kokomo is awesome!! I can't wait to get back there this summer.
You won't be disappointed. The pork chop sandwiches are as good
as the racing.

4/13/10, 11:32 PM   #6
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Depends on where you start in Anderson. I would take either Route 9 or I-69 north to Route 28 west. Route 28 west to US 31 north to Kokomo. However, this way you have to drive all through Kokomo on US 31 which has some bad traffic, even though it is 4 lanes.

The alternative would be to take Route 9 north (US 35 joins it at
Route 28) until US 35 turns west (left) toward Kokomo. Although this is a 2 lane road, it gets you out of the worst of the Kokomo traffic. Turn right (north) at US 31 in Kokomo. This is a large intersection just past Wal-Mart and Sam's. I think, but am not sure (help, Jerry Spencer) that you turn left (west) on Morgan Street. The right turn (north) to the speedway is just after a set of railroad tracks. The tracks run along the east side of the road and the speedway is on the left side. You can see the parking area and grandstands from the turn.

Neither way is the quickest drive I have ever taken. Hope that someone local can give you a quicker route. Also, I haven't been over there this year and have no idea about road construction, so this could be all wrong and you will have to rent a donkey and go cross country.

Hope this helps.

4/14/10, 11:01 AM   #7
spicoli

Is Kokomo on Eastern time or Central time?

4/14/10, 11:07 AM   #8
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
Is Kokomo on Eastern time or Central time?
Eastern.

Winston Churchill

1 member likes this post: spicoli
4/14/10, 11:44 AM   #9
Onlydirt

[QUOTE=dirtnonwingfan;164833]Depends on where you start in Anderson. I would take either Route 9 or I-69 north to Route 28 west. Route 28 west to US 31 north to Kokomo. However, this way you have to drive all through Kokomo on US 31 which has some bad traffic, even though it is 4 lanes.

The alternative would be to take Route 9 north (US 35 joins it at
Route 28) until US 35 turns west (left) toward Kokomo. Although this is a 2 lane road, it gets you out of the worst of the Kokomo traffic. Turn right (north) at US 31 in Kokomo. This is a large intersection just past Wal-Mart and Sam's. I think, but am not sure (help, Jerry Spencer) that you turn left (west) on Morgan Street. The right turn (north) to the speedway is just after a set of railroad tracks. The tracks run along the east side of the road and the speedway is on the left side. You can see the parking area and grandstands from the turn.

Neither way is the quickest drive I have ever taken. Hope that someone local can give you a quicker route. Also, I haven't been over there this year and have no idea about road construction, so this could be all wrong and you will have to rent a donkey and go cross country.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE

Thats the right names and all good job!

Morgan has a Wendys on the west side and a Hardees on the east side of the intersection if that helps.

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
4/14/10, 8:38 PM   #10
jerseysprintnut

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 17

Do it the old fashion way---drive to the town of Kokomo and find a race car hauler to follow. (or just ask a person at a gas station who has a race shirt on!!!)

SEE YA THERE SUNDAY

Later, JERSEY

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo questions