IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Speedway The Best!!
4/11/10, 1:20 AM   #1
Lawrenceburg Speedway The Best!!
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

I just can't say enough thanks to all the drivers, crews, fans and staff!! Everyone is a true proffesional, i am very proud of all of you!!
Thanks for a great opening night!!
Dave Rudisell/ Proud promotor

1 member likes this post: JBallou
4/11/10, 1:29 AM   #2
Re: Lawrenceburg Speedway The Best!!
TBrown

We just got back from the Burg, and as always, had a great time. I am so glad racing season has begun!! My son woke up this morning and the first thing out of his mouth was "it's Lawrenceburg tonight"! Thanks for giving the fans such a great track, all of the hard work shows.

4/11/10, 2:46 AM   #3
Obie

Just got home myself. Racin was good as always but I'm not sure I like this new draw thing. It kinda defeats the purpose of runnin a B-main, IMO.

I'm sorry...this is why I shouldn't post after that long of a drive & with no sleep. I was wrong with what I posted. I mistakenly said B-main when I knew it was the heats that the redraw involved. I guess we'll see how it works out in the long run.

Did have a great time tho...thanks Dave & staff.
Last edited by Obie; 4/11/10 at 11:55 AM. Reason: no sleep & postin..bad idea..lol

4/11/10, 2:58 AM   #4
1BIGracefan

Obie,
Only the top 2 from the heats redraw then restart somewhere 1-8 in the feature. The top 4 from the B tag the tail of the A the 3rd place cars start 9,10,11,12. 4th place cars 13,14,15,16.

I hope this helps!

Kyle

4/11/10, 3:02 AM   #5
Sandy Lowe

The redraw doesn't have anything to do with the B Main. The B Main lineup is based on heat finish. Our redraw is very similar to the format that Bloomington Speedway and I believe Gas City I-69 Speedway uses. When Tom Wieck was the promoter at Lawrenceburg we also had a redraw.

Basically what happens is if there are 4 or fewer heats the top 2 finishers in each heat redraw for their starting position in the feature.

If we have 2 heats the top 2 finishers in each heat redraw for the first 4 starting positions in the feature.

If we have 3 heats the top 2 finishers in each heat redraw for the first 6 starting positions in the feature.

If we have 4 heats the top 2 finishers in each heat redraw for the first 8 starting positions in the feature.

With 5 heats or more only the winners will redraw for a starting position in the feature. The reason we only redraw the winners for 5 heats and above is so that a heat winner will start no worse than 8th in the feature.

We also tried to do it in front of the fans and get kids involved to make it more of a "show." I think we achieved that (of course I am biased). After the feature Dave Darland called his redraw partner to the stage and presented him with his feature trophy, Damion Gardner gave his redraw partner a tshirt, and Brady Short gave his redraw partner a photo. There may have been more but those are the 3 drivers that come to mind.

Thanks to all the drivers and all of the kids who participated in the redraw!

------

We also gave the kids who drew the pole position a free Larosas pizza and all of the kids who participated received either a Reese Cup or York Peppermint Patty that had the redraw number on it. They also turned in the Coca Cola cup to the concession stand for a free soda.
Last edited by Sandy Lowe; 4/11/10 at 3:05 AM. Reason: added more info

4 members like this post: AustinSprinter, Dirtfan, fishnman, racegal
4/11/10, 3:08 AM   #6
JasonWatt

Lawrenceburg is truly a class facility. I have only made it over once (Last Oct) but plan on attending many more events this year. Plan on being there next week as long as I am off of work! Me and the 2 boys will be heading east!

Hope to see you there Dave! Thanks for being a great promoter and an ambassador for the sport. We need more of you!!

Jason Watt

4/11/10, 8:22 AM   #7
cecil98

I agree, Dave, great opening night. Great field of cars and drivers in all divisions. It was more, or less, a USAC-LITE show. If the fans didn't enjoy that sprint car feature, there "ain't" no helpin' em. I hope the rest of the year is as geat as opening night was.
Last edited by cecil98; 4/11/10 at 8:24 AM.

4/11/10, 11:21 AM   #8
TBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
I agree, Dave, great opening night. Great field of cars and drivers in all divisions. It was more, or less, a USAC-LITE show. If the fans didn't enjoy that sprint car feature, there "ain't" no helpin' em. I hope the rest of the year is as geat as opening night was.
Congrats to Brad!!

4/11/10, 4:05 PM   #9
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBrown View Post
Congrats to Brad!!
Thank you! I love him to death and I am very proud of him wherever he runs on the track. He finally had a good night and came away from the track feeling pretty good about the upcoming season. Thanks again!

4/11/10, 4:50 PM   #10
Joshua Shaw

Great Show! Good program, kept it moving, and track was wonderfull.

Seems like the new Track has the same "laws" as the old track.. You NEVER leave the high side of 3 & 4 open on the White flag lap!!
In the words of Dave Argabrite:

"a driver can run the rim of 3 & 4 at Lawrenceburg on the last lap of the race and come off with so much speed that if anything happens, he won't stop flipping till Wednesday"

From Two Huge Darlin fans, my Dad and I thank you for a great night!

Joshua Shaw

3 members like this post: fishnman, i love dirt track racing, mtek56
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Speedway The Best!!