IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown Series
4/5/10, 2:25 PM   #1
Silver Crown Series
Dyno Don

What is up with the Silver Crown series? USAC shows a race at THAT,THATsched show no Silver Crown race.

In an insert in NSSN it shows that the races on the dirt miles have UMP Mods as a support series. It surely can not be.Between hot laps, qualies and a 100 lap race it would be 2AM before the show was over with the Mods.

Where does this stuff get started?

4/5/10, 2:51 PM   #2
Re: Silver Crown Series
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Way to late for you Don , hell a 100 laps afternoon show would be to late .

4/5/10, 2:52 PM   #3
turn4

At the back gate?:2:

4/5/10, 6:42 PM   #4
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
What is up with the Silver Crown series? USAC shows a race at THAT,THATsched show no Silver Crown race.

In an insert in NSSN it shows that the races on the dirt miles have UMP Mods as a support series. It surely can not be.Between hot laps, qualies and a 100 lap race it would be 2AM before the show was over with the Mods.

Dyno Don,

DuQuoin and I believe Springfield have had modifieds as a support class for a number of years. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong about Springfield.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4/5/10, 7:01 PM   #5
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post

Don, I had a similar question about USAC's schedule showing a race at Oswego in August for the Silver Crown when the Oswego schedule didn't show a race. It is now listed on the Oswego website as a TBA, however all schedules handed out over the winter at car shows etc went out without the USAC race on the Oswego schedule.

With the World of Outlaws running in Fulton 10 miles away from Oswego the night before the Silver Crown Race, I personally think USAC and Oswego need to be promoting the Oswego race with all they have, instead it is the best kept secret around at the moment.

Patti

4/5/10, 7:31 PM   #6
SC12

Don, I believe the UMP Mods were added this year to all 3 dirt miles.

They have been a staple at DuQuoin since 1994.

4/5/10, 10:11 PM   #7
outsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC12 View Post
Don, I believe the UMP Mods were added this year to all 3 dirt miles.

They have been a staple at DuQuoin since 1994.
No mods at Springfield. The ARCA truck series will be there.

4/5/10, 10:14 PM   #8
bigmojo5

Track Enterprises controls all three of the dirt miles, and they are in prime UMP territory. It actually makes sense if you want to diversify your fan base.
Also, TBA could be as simple as signed contracts have not been exchanged between the track and the sanctioning body.

4/6/10, 6:56 AM   #9
etpro43

With Oswego a TBA is never a good thing, in my opinion if Kahne is not promoting this event it wont happen this year. Just the vibe I'm geting from guys at and around the track staff.

4/6/10, 7:29 AM   #10
illinisprintfan

I talked to Mike King about a month ago and asked him among other things, about the silver crown race at THAT. He was pretty clear that it was not going to happen this year. Of course all things are subject to change.....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown Series