IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Unfriendly Fan Rule
3/31/10, 11:27 PM   #1
New Unfriendly Fan Rule
DonMoore10

At a time when organizations need to work together for the betterment of the sport, it appears that open wheel fans are going to be penalized unfairly do to a new rule by the organization headquartered in Indianapolis. I wish I knew more particulars about the rule but I can't find anything in that org's rule book that addresses this unfriendly fan rule. Maybe somebody can help out with this.

Here is what I know: From SPRINT CAR AND MIDGET MAG, April 2010, page 16: According to a member driver of the org interviewed in the article, a member driver of this org cannot participate (race) with another organization ( BOO!) within 48 hours or 200 miles for an event to count towards the national title.

What this means: Real simple, fans. You won't be seeing some of the great and famous drivers that you've enjoyed at many of the tracks you frequent, plain and simple!!!!!!! Are you happy about that, fans?
Last edited by DonMoore10; 3/31/10 at 11:39 PM.

3/31/10, 11:41 PM   #2
Re: New Unfriendly Fan Rule
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Why USAC Why not only is the rule unfriendly it totally sucks for drivers who race for a living or just love to race

1 member likes this post: buck2
3/31/10, 11:45 PM   #3
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
At a time when organizations need to work together for the betterment of the sport, it appears that open wheel fans are going to be penalized unfairly do to a new rule by the organization headquartered in Indianapolis. I wish I knew more particulars about the rule but I can't find anything in that org's rule book that addresses this unfriendly fan rule. Maybe somebody can help out with this.

Here is what I know: From SPRINT CAR AND MIDGET MAG, April 2010, page 16: According to a member driver of the org interviewed in the article, a member driver of this org cannot participate (race) with another organization ( BOO!) within 48 hours or 200 miles for an event to count towards the national title.

What this means: Real simple, fans. You won't be seeing some of the great and famous drivers that you've enjoyed at many of the tracks you frequent, plain and simple!!!!!!! Are you happy about that, fans?
You left out a very important part of that, Don. The letter that Keith posted earlier specifically said that this doesn't apply if the other track that said driver wants to run at, is host to at least 1 USAC event, that year. In this part of the country, that means most tracks.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 3/31/10 at 11:51 PM.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
3/31/10, 11:51 PM   #4
john3g

HUH??? Interesting....Very interesting..

3/31/10, 11:51 PM   #5
DonMoore10

Doesn't matter!!!!!!!!

1. First of all, I can cite a long list of tracks that DON'T run a USAC race that will be affected. So if you step out of the box, you must serve a detention.

2. There is more to this rule than what you are reading at first glance.

3/31/10, 11:55 PM   #6
john3g

Quote:
Doesn't matter!!!!!!!!

1. First of all, I can cite a long list of tracks that DON'T run a USAC race that will be affected. So if you step out of the box, you must serve a detention.

Is this a last ditch effort to hold on to what they have left? How do you think this will effect their car counts in regards to points?

3/31/10, 11:59 PM   #7
DonMoore10

Well... Let's take the state of Illinois for example. I can only think of one track that is hooked to the big org. That means if you attend races in that state, don't look for any of the top 20 big org stars to show. That's just one example.

4/1/10, 12:03 AM   #8
racefan20

Quote:
Doesn't matter!!!!!!!!

1 The only tracks around here it would affect that run non-wing open wheel regularly is Waynesfield Paragon Twin Cities and the Poweri shows in Illinois.
2 Would you like to expand on that last statement. Tell us what more there is to the rule.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4/1/10, 12:04 AM   #9
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
You left out a very important part of that, Don. The letter that Keith posted earlier specifically said that this doesn't apply if the other track that said driver wants to run at, is host to at least 1 USAC event, that year. In this part of the country, that means most tracks.

Jerry
A little concerned are they??? Control issues maybe??? They caused this problem from years of not listening to the competitors. Now it's all about damage control. Now they have taken away the temp liscense and still have the most ignorant rule I have ever heard of in the modern era. The 32 car inversion. They still have IMO way to low of purses for the cost that it take to compete on that level. The racing is awsome it's just a shame.This is John the fan not the promoter.
Last edited by john3g; 4/1/10 at 12:07 AM.

4/1/10, 12:04 AM   #10
smith19

when we raced with usac back in the 70's didn't they have a rule pretty similar to this one?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Unfriendly Fan Rule