IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Come on out to Brownstown Speedway This Saturday Night :):)
3/22/10, 2:14 PM   #1
Come on out to Brownstown Speedway This Saturday Night :):)
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

13th ANNUAL INDIANA ICEBREAKER PRESENTED BY ARIZONA SPORT SHIRTS/GOTTA RACE THIS SATURDAY NIGHT AT BROWNSTOWN SPEEDWAY

By: Chris Nunn (transitionaddress@hotmail.com)

Brownstown, IN- March 21, 2010 - In 2006 when Brownstown Speedway promoters Tim & Farrah Keithley raised the purse for the Indiana Icebreaker to $10,000 to win, there was no doubt the event would garner heavy interest in the dirt racing community. With a staggering 68 cars on hand in 2006 for the first Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series sanctioned Icebreaker, the tone was set for the event to be a "cant miss" in the early spring. Car counts have been impressive for the Icebreaker with a high of 72 cars in 2007. Since 2006 the Indiana Icebreaker has averaged 66 Late Models per year. Flash forward to the 2010-racing season on Saturday night March 27th, as the Indiana Icebreaker will be televised tape delay on SPEED for the first time in the events 13-year history. SPEED has televised events at Brownstown Speedway since 2006. The Indiana Icebreaker will join the Jackson 100 as the only events to have been televised on SPEED at the historic 1/4 mile. The Indiana Icebreaker will be the only event televised by SPEED at the Brownstown Speedway this season.

Arizona Sport Shirts/Gotta Race will also present the 13th Annual Indiana Icebreaker. Arizona Sport Shirts/Gotta Race is the Premiere High performance apparel company since 1974 located in Indianapolis, Indiana. Arizona Sport Shirts, Inc is the wholesale side of their company while gotta race is their retail side. Visit Arizona Sport Shirts/Gotta Race at http://www.arizonasportshirts.com/or athttp://www.gottarace.com/

Previous winners of the Indiana Icebreaker include: Tony Izzo, Jr. (1998), Don O'Neal (1999, 2000, '03), Timmy Yeager (2001), John Gill (2002, '04), Dan Sturgeon (2005), Earl Pearson, Jr. (2006, '09), Billy Moyer (2007), and Terry Casey (2008)

Along with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series on Saturday night, expect a great field of cars in the UMP Modified, UMP Super Stock, and Bomber divisions. Both the UMP Super Stocks and UMP Modifieds will pay $1,000 to win with the Bombers paying $600 to win. Seats may be marked off after 5:00 pm Thursday March 25, 2010. No marking off sections, only one seat per person. Gates open 12:00 (noon) on Race-day. General Admission $30.00 - Ages 7-12 $5.00 - Children under 6 FREE. Pit Pass is $45

Brownstown Speedway officially opened up the 2010 racing season on Saturday March 20th for Super Late Models, UMP Super Stocks, UMP Modifieds, and Hornets. Rusty Schlenk of Jackson, MI, Mike Cawood of Whiteland, IN, and Brandon Norman of Medora, IN all claimed their first ever wins in the UMP Late Model, UMP Super Stocks, and UMP Hornet divisions respectively. In UMP Modified action, Devin Gilpin of Columbus, IN dominated the latter portion of the event to claim another win in the division.

For more information on the Indiana Icebreaker and the Brownstown Speedway log on to www.brownstownspeedway.com or call the race day hotline at 812-358-5332

---------- Post added at 02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Here is a full schedule of events for Saturday

http://brownstownspeedway.com/ice2010.pdf

3/22/10, 4:02 PM   #2
Re: Come on out to Brownstown Speedway This Saturday Night :):)
Andrew S. Quinn

If Nathan Durburow is entered, Aero says he will make the trip down for it. Especially if someone from the Pa.-Md region will bring along some Yuengling beer.

3/22/10, 8:00 PM   #3
Duane Hancock

I plan on making my first ever trip there. I just hope there r some seats saturday afternoon since it said they allow people to rope them off thursday night....

3/22/10, 9:34 PM   #4
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Hancock View Post
I plan on making my first ever trip there. I just hope there r some seats saturday afternoon since it said they allow people to rope them off thursday night....
Duane ,we got there around 2 last year and still got the top row in the turn 4 bleachers.If the race is anything like last year you are in for a treat.:2:

3/23/10, 7:35 AM   #5
Jake

You know I'll be there..I went to almost 100 races last year and this one was at the very top of the list!

3/23/10, 8:27 AM   #6
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

I went last season and it was a great race, I even have pictures to prove it: 2009 Icebreaker

It was a great race night, probably 6-7 hours of solid action. Well worth the drive. Since I am planning an April Indiana trip, I won't be making the race this season.

Earl Pearson Jr. (44) moves under the "Tarheel Tiger" Ray Cook (53) for the lead with the lapped car of Mike Jewell (9) on the high side.
Last edited by apexonephoto; 3/23/10 at 8:32 AM.

3/23/10, 2:42 PM   #7
Diggsy

Chris,

What are the chances of still finding good seats under the roof at 5 on Thursday since some seats get taped off prior to that? Not meant to ruffle feathers, just an honest to goodness question. I'd like to know if I need to request time off work to get there by 5 Thursday or if there would still be good seats under the roof to be had by 6:30ish.

Many thanks!

3/24/10, 1:02 PM   #8
sprintcarfan

You can count me in!!! Last year was the first ice breaker i had been to and was NOT disappointed!! if you havent been you need to make the drive and see this race.

3/24/10, 1:28 PM   #9
Seadog

Forgive me as I am fender challenged. But what is the Hornet division?

3/24/10, 1:34 PM   #10
racerdog45

The whole marking seats thing is a joke, we went to the jackson last year, found some seats and the people in the 2 rows right in front of use had about 10 marked off and there were 5 people, but they had coolers, and bags of food etc on the seats. Said they did this all year, right behind us the top row was marked off for a whole section, no one showed the first night for the rain out so the second night several people sat there including me and my buddy, about 20 laps into the race a young couple with 2 small kids showed up and demanded we clear the seats, even tho there was room for at least 10 people left besides us who were sitting there already, needless to say we didn't move. Either sell reserved seats or first come on race day and only allow them to take up a seat with a PERSON, not a cooler...... by the way, I'm not going to the Icebreaker because of this rule about allowing people to mark seats DAYS ahead of time, I live 2+ hours away and can't do this and i won't risk not being able to get a decent seat on race day.......

1 member likes this post: Bruce Harrison
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Come on out to Brownstown Speedway This Saturday Night :):)