IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Edwards gets a spanking
3/9/10, 2:18 PM   #1
Edwards gets a spanking
D.O.

NASCAR president Mike Helton on Tuesday announced Sprint Cup driver Carl Edwards has been placed on probation for the next three Sprint Cup races as a result of Edwards intentionally wrecking Brad Keselowski this past Sunday at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

Helton said the decision came "after meeting and discussing the events Sunday evening, all day Monday and [Tuesday] morning." Helton added that an additional meeting "that was still being set" would be arranged between NASCAR officials, team owners Jack Roush and Roger Penske and the two drivers.

From Nascar

SELL those Tickets !!!!!!

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
3/9/10, 4:40 PM   #2
Re: Edwards gets a spanking
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

What a joke.

I'm just glad the local racing season is set to get started. I won't have to rely on the circus for a racing fix.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
3/9/10, 5:07 PM   #3
REH24

Let face it, the bottom line for NASCAR is that no one got hurt and yes here we are in the middle of the week almost and everybody is still talking about it from forums to news media etc. How much talk was there about the Vegas or Calif. races, non. This is what sells the tickets and gets people to watch the races on TV, that is what NASCAR wants until there is a serious injury to a driver or spectator.

REH

3/9/10, 6:06 PM   #4
Kevracer58

Quote:
This is what sells the tickets and gets people to watch the races on TV
And that's what NASCAR is all about. Safety? It's good, no one has been killed lately.

3/9/10, 6:40 PM   #5
Gregg

Kezlowski will have a busy day at Bristol. He will issue paybacks to Montoya and Hamlin in addition to Edwards. Oh! He better not! He might get a whole...(calculator in Gregg's hand)...NINE race probationary period.

I'm sure glad Helton is not a judge or district attorney in my locale.
Last edited by Gregg; 3/9/10 at 6:42 PM.

3/9/10, 6:57 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Wow, Probation for intentionally wrecking someone where driver and fans could get injured or worse. INTENTIONALLY and Carl admits it but says I didn't plan to get him upside down.

Until they start taking hundreds of thousands out of the drivers pockets. Like a five race suspension to the driver (Another driver could drive the car) Nothing will change.

Stewart gets half a season Probation for bashing goodyear. This is a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_4I12wwBIE

3/9/10, 7:15 PM   #7
Wingman

Nascar did not clearly define a "little bump here little bump there" is okay this year. You settle this when the cars are stopped. Let them beat the crap out of each other...who cares...not doing 200mph. Probation Whats that? Everybody has been placed on probation...Nascar officials once again no spine. Same ol' Nascrap...bring on the sprinters!

3/9/10, 7:37 PM   #8
Pat O'Connor Fan

More NAPCAR bull$hit.

3/9/10, 7:47 PM   #9
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Wow, Probation for intentionally wrecking someone where driver and fans could get injured or worse. INTENTIONALLY and Carl admits it but says I didn't plan to get him upside down.

Until they start taking hundreds of thousands out of the drivers pockets. Like a five race suspension to the driver (Another driver could drive the car) Nothing will change.

Stewart gets half a season Probation for bashing goodyear. This is a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_4I12wwBIE
Chuck,

I am not sure that money is the real answer. These owners and drivers have a bunch of money so I think that is also a fruitless endeavor. The only thing that will get some of these guys attention is to suspend them for X number of races. Include owner and driver so they can't accumulate owners points in the absence. Sponsors will then get involved and that is WHERE their money comes from.

The only good thing about this whole ordeal that I have seen is ole DW has forgotten about Danica and moved on to the next circus act. He has an opinion about everything.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3/9/10, 8:13 PM   #10
D.O.

Well the deal worked as Entertainment tonight is running a story on the deal right now.

Sell them Tickets !

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Edwards gets a spanking