IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar rules
3/8/10, 11:37 AM   #31
Re: Nascar rules
ossuks

Ahright, this here is the stake Cousin Carl made, he took his fender and runned into the 1/4 panel of another car! If Carl was in a real racecar there would be no fender!

The real mistake was there are 2 short tracks in a row coming up where Carl could have "sent the message" with less risk involved!

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
3/8/10, 12:01 PM   #32
Jack Dupp

NASCAR is hurting big time in attendance and TV ratings.

Quote from Jeff Gordon in Saturday AP sports article: "NASCAR needs some rivalries to stir it up.

I am sure that Carl got a thorough reaming in the NASCAR trailer.

The incident generated much needed publicity. Heck it has sprint car boards discussing it and they hate NASCAR. :2:

I suspect that the feud will increase ticket sales and TV ratings.

What I don't know is NASCAR management's true feelings on this new "rivalry".

3/8/10, 2:31 PM   #33
illinisprintfan

After watching the video on yahoo, I think Nascar has a problem that needs to be looked at. They showed video of the crash yesterday and of Edwards' crash last year. In both cases the "roof flaps" opened which should have settled the car back down when the car was going backwards. Instead, both cars continued to lift. Edwards' car got some help, but it was rising as it was hit by the other car. I'm wondering if the lift generated by the rear wing going backwards completely counteracted the roof flaps disrupting air flow to keep the car from flying. The cars both seemed to react like they did before the roof flaps were developed.

3/8/10, 4:55 PM   #34
petey

That was the most I'd watched of a NASCAR race in a while. Guess I wanted to see if Kahne could pull of another win at Atlanta or if Montoya could make a charge and win, but wanted to see one of them win over Busch.

I can unserstand Carl being upset and he showed good composure in his interview with Bergeren. I'm sure he didn't mean to flip him. Maybe he should have just waited for Bristol in two weeks. And yes ditch the white gloves if your going to do that stuff.

Many say NASCAR died when Dale died. Maybe so but they started going down hill when they decided to get rid or cut races from their good old tracks. Darlington needs a second race again and Rockingham hosted prolly the best races of the year before they dumped it. all these cookie cutter tracks they race at now!

3/8/10, 5:08 PM   #35
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
That was the most I'd watched of a NASCAR race in a while. Guess I wanted to see if Kahne could pull of another win at Atlanta or if Montoya could make a charge and win, but wanted to see one of them win over Busch.

I can unserstand Carl being upset and he showed good composure in his interview with Bergeren. I'm sure he didn't mean to flip him. Maybe he should have just waited for Bristol in two weeks. And yes ditch the white gloves if your going to do that stuff.

Many say NASCAR died when Dale died. Maybe so but they started going down hill when they decided to get rid or cut races from their good old tracks. Darlington needs a second race again and Rockingham hosted prolly the best races of the year before they dumped it. all these cookie cutter tracks they race at now!
Atlanta will probably lose one of their races but unfortunately it will go to Kentucky Speedway, yet another mile and a half cookie cutter model. Bring back Rockingham, North Wilksboro, and add in Iowa while pulling a race from Fontana, Michigan and Loudon.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3/8/10, 5:16 PM   #36
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan View Post
After watching the video on yahoo, I think Nascar has a problem that needs to be looked at. They showed video of the crash yesterday and of Edwards' crash last year. In both cases the "roof flaps" opened which should have settled the car back down when the car was going backwards. Instead, both cars continued to lift. Edwards' car got some help, but it was rising as it was hit by the other car. I'm wondering if the lift generated by the rear wing going backwards completely counteracted the roof flaps disrupting air flow to keep the car from flying. The cars both seemed to react like they did before the roof flaps were developed.
I believe that is one of the reason NASCAR is looking at the spoiler again because of the lift generated by the rear wing.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post

NASCAR lost a lot of their old diehard fans when they started catering to the "event goers", raising ticket prices, and of course the prices of lodging keep escalulating. I am sure the economy hasn't help and like you said doing away with the older tracks. There were a lot of empty seats at Atlanta yesterday.

REH

3/8/10, 9:55 PM   #37
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Atlanta will probably lose one of their races but unfortunately it will go to Kentucky Speedway, yet another mile and a half cookie cutter model. Bring back Rockingham, North Wilksboro, and add in Iowa while pulling a race from Fontana, Michigan and Loudon.
Pocono?? That has to be the most boring track to get 2 summer races. I've never understood that one.

Seeing Scott Speed retaliate on Ricky Stenhouse in the corner on a short track in the final race of the season while they started the race running 1st and 2nd in points made sense to me.

Seeing Edwards take out Keselowski on the front stretch of a speedway the 4th race in out of 36 in the season is just a little too much. He's a little to wholesome for me. Seems to be a hot head and loses it every couple of months over something.

3/8/10, 10:15 PM   #38
aka Liz

Has anyone noticed that Edwards seems to have a bit of a problem with anger management? I can think of instances with Earnhardt Jr., Harvick, and even his own teammate Kenseth. That sunny, folksy exterior seems to have a flip side. Retaliation on a short track like Martinsville is one thing, but at 180 mph it's quite another.

3/8/10, 10:56 PM   #39
Onlydirt

Nobody mentioned an actual yellow to bunch them back up for a green white checker....instead of the DEBRIS YELLOW. They know we are on to their fake racing, so Edwards got chose to be the heel this week. WWE?

3/8/10, 11:50 PM   #40
Red Hat

Getting even should not be done on the track. At 190 0r 150 you got to remember that there 41 other guys trying to win and to get even during the race can take out more then the two trying to get even. And on a short track such as Bristol or Martinville can take out half of the field. Get even in the garage after the race.

Wally
Last edited by Red Hat; 3/8/10 at 11:52 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar rules