IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Swap Meet!! GREAT!!!
1/26/08, 8:33 PM   #1
Swap Meet!! GREAT!!!
throb

Thanks to Craig and Tia for putting on yet another awesome swap meet and trade show! I had a great time and I know everyone I talked to did also! Keep up the good work, and it was great to see everyone!

1/26/08, 9:19 PM   #2
Re: Swap Meet!! GREAT!!!
ThrottleHead

Yes I thoroughly enjoyed the day! It was great to see many IOW'ers and the round table was classic :thumb:

1/27/08, 12:32 AM   #3
sprntr

Great show! Glad we made the long drive from Minnesota. Found a couple of bargains & watched my dream crown car get delivered to it's new, lucky owner. Can't wait til next year.

1/27/08, 2:37 PM   #4
BrentTFunk

Had a great time. It was good to see everybody. I agree with Robin Miller that Wind Tunnel should be on year round. Wonder if he can use his big pull to get Steve Stapp a weekly guest spot. " The Bopper" was great at the round table.

1/28/08, 11:00 AM   #5
Burnzy
Inactive Member

LOL... The funny thing is we've been telling Bopper for the last two years he needed his OWN show. (it would definetly have to be on cable!! LOL) Hell, come by our trailer at the track, its usually a "Bopper comedy act" every night.
Right now we're trying to get Bopper to agree to do a book with Argabright....but he's worried about having to be "too" honest. LOL

For all the people who haven't had the chance to be around Steve much, i'm glad he did the "round table"........that was Bopper at his best. You got to hear some stories, you got to see some of his antics, and we knew it was only a matter of time before he unloaded on somebody...and to no one's surprise it was USAC.

I've been lucky to work on race cars/go racing with him the last couple years. He's always entertaining to say the least! He's a great friend and i know 30 years from now i'll look back and be glad i got to know the guy.

1/28/08, 12:00 PM   #6
Millsvideo

Yes, the swap meet seemed to be a smashing success for all those involved. I wish to take this opportunity to publically thank Craig and Tia Dori for all the hard work and effort they put into this show. Thanks for taking care of us. Sincerely,

Dean Mills

1/28/08, 12:23 PM   #7
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnzy View Post
LOL... The funny thing is we've been telling Bopper for the last two years he needed his OWN show. (it would definetly have to be on cable!! LOL) Hell, come by our trailer at the track, its usually a "Bopper comedy act" every night.
Right now we're trying to get Bopper to agree to do a book with Argabright....but he's worried about having to be "too" honest. LOL

For all the people who haven't had the chance to be around Steve much, i'm glad he did the "round table"........that was Bopper at his best. You got to hear some stories, you got to see some of his antics, and we knew it was only a matter of time before he unloaded on somebody...and to no one's surprise it was USAC.

I've been lucky to work on race cars/go racing with him the last couple years. He's always entertaining to say the least! He's a great friend and i know 30 years from now i'll look back and be glad i got to know the guy.

It was interesting to hear Steve unload on USAC. Seems alot of people like to take that road. Wonder how many people like Stapp made/make their living and thier name in USAC but still find the need to "bash" USAC?

What I find to be even sadder is the fact when I think of USAC I think of Stapp, Carter, Bigelow, Vogler, East, Klatt, Stewart, Kahne, Ect... I thought these people were/are USAC.

Who is USAC? Isn't it a club? No one person owns USAC!

You sure don't hear East ent. (one who really had a beef when left out of new SC car) out bad mouthing USAC.
How about Keith Kunz , Dave Darland, Levi, Benic ent. ect... Why? Reason 1 They make thier living in USAC
Reason 2 They are USAC.

I wonder if the present staff at USAC isn't the last stand. It is my gut feeling that if this group is not successful, that USAC ends.

Then one of the experts that likes to bash USAC can take a try at an open market.

1/28/08, 1:17 PM   #8
smbpreformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
You sure don't hear East ent. (one who really had a beef when left out of new SC car) out bad mouthing USAC.
How was Beast left out of the new SC car and other old pavement SC car constructors were not?

The fact is USAC told everyone about the change for two years before they released the new car then had the new car on display and out for testing for a full year before the first new-gen SC race.

Any builder could choose to build a new SC car however most choose not to.

I do not see how any manufacturer was "left out" when it was their decision not to progress with the series

1/28/08, 1:39 PM   #9
ossuks

"Left out" was in reference to having any input on the new car when it was being designed. Riley& Scott did all the designing and building. There were a few SC manufactures with one-off cars but 95% of the old cars were all Beast cars.

1/28/08, 6:04 PM   #10
BrentTFunk

I didn't feel Stapp unloaded on USAC anymore than he did anyone else. I do think he has a very real perspective of the sport.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Swap Meet!! GREAT!!!