1/14/08, 2:29 AM   #1
KO- Old School
Midget82

Is KO nuts? :rolling:

Nahhh... He's just KO! :emote20:

1/14/08, 6:56 AM   #2
Re: KO- Old School
mac miller

Actually, if he was serious about "old school" he would be using a 110 OFFY......

1/14/08, 6:56 AM   #3
mac miller

and a Kurtis chassis.

1/14/08, 9:00 AM   #4
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

I remember thinking as he rolled by me in the pits that I thought he was just pushing the car off and not racing. If I am not wrong he did race like that. Someone correct me if I am wrong and I'll stand down.

How funny would this have been had he got on his lid and caught on fire? :kookoo2: Pet monkeys, stink bombs and light bulb repair business aside this was stupid. And for what? A laugh, a chuckle?

I don't know who is more stupid for this event happening: K.O. or Lanny Hahn for letting it happen. :thumbsdown:

1/14/08, 9:10 AM   #5
Hawker

Yes, he did race like that and no, he did not die doing it...:rolleyes:

1/14/08, 9:11 AM   #6
Seadog

Do we have a photo of him on the track in competition attired like that?

When I first went to the races, drivers wore leather helmets, t-shirts, dungarees and street shoes. The helmet he has on was appropriate for what drivers wore when he started out racing (early 70's). TS had on a similar helmet and handkerchief at Fort Wayne, but a full uniform.

KO always has been different and I like and respect him for that.:thumb:

1/14/08, 9:30 AM   #7
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.P. View Post
I remember thinking as he rolled by me in the pits that I thought he was just pushing the car off and not racing. If I am not wrong he did race like that. Someone correct me if I am wrong and I'll stand down.

How funny would this have been had he got on his lid and caught on fire? :kookoo2: Pet monkeys, stink bombs and light bulb repair business aside this was stupid. And for what? A laugh, a chuckle?

I don't know who is more stupid for this event happening: K.O. or Lanny Hahn for letting it happen. :thumbsdown:

So, if the driver doesn't wear what you think he should wear he and the promoter are stupid?

I don't get it. If anything it was probably for hot laps or leak test or a little tid bit about how racing use to be in midgets and not actual competition racing. I remember looking in at Tony @ Ft. Wayne with a helmet like that and found it to be pretty cool. Johnny Parsons drove with the same helmet style shown here in 2004 at the Rumble.

Guess both Johnny and Tony are dumb drivers. Of course we all know about Barhorst, no matter what he does he always appears to be wrong and stupid to different people but honestly he does do midget racing a great service by having the Rumble. Love him or hate him the competitors owe him a thank you for what he does.

1/14/08, 9:37 AM   #8
tdhamilton

I was there. He raced like that. I have it on video. I thought it was kinda cool but also kinda stupid too.

1/14/08, 9:41 AM   #9
PJ Wright

So what's next? See who's willing to take the cage off and go back to the single hoop? Why should I care; I mean it's not my neck at risk.
How ironic that this occurred at the same event where a guy with a soft left rear was black-flagged because of "safety concerns".
Some days I just don't get it.

1/14/08, 9:50 AM   #10
mac miller

http://www.pbase.com/fotojeff/image/91488433

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > KO- Old School