IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Truckers # 10
10/21/09, 4:58 PM   #1
Truckers # 10
R&B

Roger & Barb owners of R&B / Truckers 24hr Would like to thank all the fans-the tracks-other teams & drivers and
all the vendors And Sponsors We had to make the decision to shut our racing operation down. The price of
Racing has increased so much that its starting to affect the Profitability of Truckers 24 hr I had to make the
decision as A Business owner that when you have to cut expenses that the racing would have to end I cant
keep racing and continue to have Employees laid off I have to keep in mind the affect it has on our other 31
employees

I hope we havent made too many fans- drivers mad over the last 9 years Barb and myself will still be around
This being my very 1st post I hope its readable and says things in a positive post
THANKS TO EVERY FOR THE YEARS OF SUPPORT

To all the drivers who has driven for Barb and Myself I would like to thank you !!!

Good Luck to all the teams and Drivers Keep the Rubber on the Ground

Roger & Barb

10/21/09, 5:06 PM   #2
Re: Truckers # 10
TeamCGR

Roger and Barb,

It won't be the same without seeing that familiar Black and Yellow Spit Shined Rig rolling into the Big Shows. In our short time in Indiana, it has been a familiar sign that proved we were in the "Right Place". We always knew were going pretty good when we were near those Yellow and Black cars in a race. They were always up front. I think it is only right that you had one of the best drivers and fine Gentleman Jerry Coons, Jr. in your car for the last race. It has been a pleasure racing with you guys and I certainly understand the decision. It is admirable. We wish you the very best.

Pete G. and The CGR Clan...
Last edited by TeamCGR; 10/21/09 at 5:09 PM.

10/21/09, 5:08 PM   #3
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Sad but understandable. We'll miss those black/yellow machines that were "sprint car racing" for so many years and with so many great drivers. I always felt good when I came into a track and saw the Trucker's hauler in the pits and the cars warming up. Best of luck with your other ventures.

10/21/09, 5:08 PM   #4
Ovalmeister

Seems to me it takes a great deal of integrity to set aside an activity you love in an effort to save the jobs of your employees. Can't imagine anyone that could disagree with that philosophy or business decision. Hopefully it will be a temporary situation and when things pick up again you will be back at it. Thanks for all you've done and hope to see you out there again soon.
David.

10/21/09, 5:15 PM   #5
SPRINTCAR

You guys were a mainstay in sprintcar racing. We all could bet the truckers car(s) would be at the races. It was great you gave so many guys a chance to race your cars. Congratulations on your past achievements and hopefully more to come when things get better.

10/21/09, 6:47 PM   #6
Crankin

It has been gone over and over about cost. I remember a ton of heat brought down on Kevin Briscoe for trying ANYTHING to help curb costs. Now, the slim Owner ranks is cut even slimmer. Would not be surprised to see more of this sort of thing, and that makes me sad

Both Rodger & Jim are fantastic people! Always have been, and I am proud to call them both friends! They have both helped out our little operation many, many times. Thank you!
The sport is certainly going to miss your dedication.

10/21/09, 8:40 PM   #7
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Yes to everything which has been said so far. I certainly will miss you. Somehow, this seems like the passing of an era. Best of luck and hope to see you again.

10/21/09, 8:53 PM   #8
stock car mech

Roger and Barb, you will never understand how much it meant to Shane when you asked him to drive your race cars, he felt like a kid from north carolina was part of the indiana sprint car world. I'm sure i speak for everyone who has been around your team when I say it was a class act. Thanks for everything, don't be a stranger.

10/21/09, 8:56 PM   #9
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Roger,Barb,Jim,Cindi,Matt and everyone associated with R&B Racing. Most of all THANKS for all that you have done for Sprint Car racing.Alot of people have no clue what all of you have done to better this passion of ours.(not that I claim to)Too many instances that I have "heard" of you guys helping people out when they needed it, maybe a tire, pit pass money, some race fuel or whatever.
My favorite might be this past summers TNT tour.A certain driver got together whatever resources that he could to run the TNT deal, he had a misfortune to crash at State Fair Speedway,in talking to him while he was working on his car,I asked how bad, he said just bolt on stuff, but he also said I can't handle any more crashes.
Shortly after that I was told that he would have a ride Saturday nite at Lakeside if he needs it, "put him in the backup car if need be, this race is named after his dad and he should be in it."
We understand the decesion that was made,looking out for your employess, what a rarity in this world anymore.We commend you for that.
To all of you, THANKS again, may God Bless You. See you at a track soon.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
10/21/09, 9:09 PM   #10
baconracing99

Roger and Barb
I had the pleasure of driving your cars on a few occasions, and it was a pleasure. You are great people and we all appreciate all you have done for the sport we all love so much. Thanks for everything.

Brady Bacon

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Truckers # 10