IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Youtube clip of Bloomington Midget race (sim game)
10/21/09, 8:12 AM   #1
Youtube clip of Bloomington Midget race (sim game)
Wing H8a

Hi all,

long time no post!

Someone just sent me this video they made of KDSR's (Kiwi Dirt Sim Racing) lastest race (round 8 of 12) in the online Logitech Midget Car Series.

I thought you guys might like a quick look. What do y'all think? (watch in HD)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXV_Il30vrI

If anyone wants to turn some laps sign up at http://www.kiwidirt.com/news.php

theres even a Indiana Open Wheel Car with Bill Driving it!

Last edited by Wing H8a; 10/21/09 at 8:35 AM.

10/21/09, 8:41 AM   #2
Re: Youtube clip of Bloomington Midget race (sim game)
jontheturboguy

That's cool and all, but you have to be a a rocket scientist just to figure out where to go on that site to even race.

Very confusing - very jumbled website.

Bad taste in my mouth already....almost makes me want to give up yet alone try to race with you guys.

10/21/09, 6:36 PM   #3
Wing H8a

We have some great 14 year old rocket scientists that race with us that could help you.

Ask me any question & I will answer it as best I can.

10/22/09, 7:34 PM   #4
illiNOISE

I don't mean to pick the game apart, because overall it looks very good, but did someone forget to mention to the programers that midgets can't go in reverse? (see the car back up after doing the donuts and hitting the K & N sign at about the 3:50 point of the clip.)

10/22/09, 7:53 PM   #5
Rpracing1

When is it coming out on X-Box??

10/22/09, 11:33 PM   #6
slide22

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
I don't mean to pick the game apart, because overall it looks very good, but did someone forget to mention to the programers that midgets can't go in reverse? (see the car back up after doing the donuts and hitting the K & N sign at about the 3:50 point of the clip.)
Well it is a video game... not the real thing. If we had video game push trucks it would be a different story, but we don't.

And I would suggest downloading the BOZ sprints if you want an open wheel mod. These things are a blast, but there is no AI and no one in the states plays them.

10/23/09, 12:10 AM   #7
Wing H8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
Hey thats alright, I dont mind you mentioning that at all, I cringed when I saw this was in the video, I did more practice racing than on my victory donuts! I didnt think the video maker was gunna add that bit in. I was just happy to beat the other guys!
"I would like to thank my sponsors and my team......." (lol)

There are so many limitations in computer games you have to make some sacrifices. In the Midget development stage I absolutely ruled out mirrors (like some other sprint cars in the game have gone for), glad BOZ winged Sprint Cars have not put mirrors in either.

The reverse was something put in to the game for convenience, BECAUSE ITS A VIDEO GAME.
Any opportunity to even slightly emulate what your heroes do should be grasped with both hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide22 View Post
Well it is a video game... not the real thing. If we had video game push trucks it would be a different story, but we don't.

And I would suggest downloading the BOZ sprints if you want an open wheel mod. These things are a blast, but there is no AI and no one in the states plays them.
slide22, Buy and alarm clock and come race with us! I know you will love it!

Some others that loved it!......

Davey Ray driving the replica Mecum racing Midget that he won a Chili Bowl Wednesday night A Main in

Two time Chili bowl Champion Cory Kruseman enjoys some rFactor dirt!

Aggressor Chassis builder and Ex 2 time #2NZ Midget driver Justin Insley
Midget driver Scott Buckley (2009 NZ Grand Prix winner)
Midget driver Gavin Ebers

Scott Buckley and Brad Mosen race each other

Direct quote from Davey Ray "That is the most realistic Dirt Game ever!"

10/23/09, 9:52 AM   #8
Brolzy

are there any plans for AI? I don't race online much...

10/23/09, 11:44 AM   #9
Wing H8a

jontheturboguy, Hope this helps

Q: How do I play the Midgets?
A: First you will need to get yourself a copy of Rfactor from Here

Q: Will my computer Run Rfactor,
A: We dont know, We dont know the spec's of your computer, But u can download the Demo of the Game from here and try it to see if ur computer will run it. The minimum system requierments are listed at the bottom of this page

* Important - if you have/had the previous version (KDSR Midgets V1.0) installed, please read the V2.0 readme as this will tell you what files you must delete from the old version to enable V2.0 it run properly.

Q: I have Rfactor now, how do get the Midgets installed
A: First you will need to download the Mod from Our download Center on this website (Downloads-rFactor section - chassis & Download the "KDSR Midgets V2.0" and download the "DX8_KDSR_Midget_V2.0_Patch" Install the KDSR Midget V2.0 first, then the DX8 patch.

Q: I get an error message saying "GMT.... Error loading texture SPIKE_WILDCARD_S for material WCCARBODY" and cant load the Spike, whats wrong?
A: You are probably running you game on DX8 (to check, go to start/all programs/rFactor/rFactor config.) please see the question above and make sure you have the "DX8_KDSR_Midget_V2.0_Patch" installed.

Q: I have the mod working, but dont seem to have any track's to race on
A: You will need to download some Dirt tracks to race the Midgets on, you can get them from Here Or you can Download the Tracks from Our download center on our website, Here And we recomend installing most of the tracks here http://www.bozracing.com/V2 (click on download then select rFactor, then down load the tracks)

Q: I now have rFactor, the midgets & the tracks, now i would like to join a Leagues or Event with the Game from this KDSR
A: At the top of this website there is a Menu called. Upcomming events. that shows a list of races that are about to be raced within the next week or two, you can sign up to any Midget event you like. But first you will neeed to create a driver profile in the Event centre (please use the same name as your Website name)

Q: How often do you race the Midgets Or any other Rfactor Mod.
A: Not much right now but soon we will have lots of Midget racing, and for other events Look in the Upcomming events.

Q: Are there Any servers to play Midgets on
A: As at 2009/07/10 We have two servers online for midget (NZ3 & NZ4) and so do BOZracing (hit the 'join' button in your rFatctor and look for 'KDSR Racing' in the race series column.

Q: Whens the Next event race gonna start?
A: Watch the Event Center for events

*Important - alot of help is given on Ventrilo or teamspeak, if you require any help it is strongly recomended that you get ventrilo and come and talk online as there are usually a selection of people that may be able to help with a variety of questions you may have.

Q: Do you guys Use Teamspeck (Ts) or Ventrilo ?{talk to each other on microphone while you race}
A: Yes we do use Ventrilo at the moment. To use Ventrilo please read here http://<b><font color="yellow">http:...500</font></b>

(We dont use Ts at the moment when we are racing, if you need info on how to download, install & use TS see here http://www.kiwidirt.com/e107_plugins...php?content.30 )

Q: I cant find any of the Kiwidirt servers when i try to connect or search for them, by pressing 'join' while in rFactor.
A: We are currently working on a application that will help you find, connect and join our servers. But for now..
option 1: Keep pressing refresh till the servers are listed

option 2: If option 1 fails, open your Multiplyer.ini file (open this with notepad) [your Multiplayer.ini file is found in .....your hard drive:\Program Files\rFactor\UserData\Your profile name.] once opened look approx 26 linesdown and you will see this....
Concurrent Server Updates="400"
change the 400 to 1000 (make sure you have your rFactor turned off while doing this, and make sure you leave the " " marks around the 1000. Now save your changes and now when you press the' join' button while in rFactor it has a better chance of finding the KDSR servers, you may need to press refresh a few times.

Option 3: enter the IP address and port number of our servers. To do this, after you press join, you will see a blue + button, press that and enter the IP and Port number in. The IP for all our severs are the same, it is the port numbers you enter that dictates which server you enter.
The KDSR IP is 116.90.131.193
the port numbers for the midget servers are....
(NZ3) Midget server :34299
(NZ4) Midget server :34300
So to recap, enter the IP address then the port number like this " 116.90.131.193:34299 " make sure you put the : between the IP and the port number.
See you all on the track!!

For help with anything plese visit the KDSR forums and ask for further assistance.

Wing H8a
Last edited by Wing H8a; 10/23/09 at 7:01 PM.

11/16/09, 11:53 AM   #10
Speedracer

How's the AI fix coming along?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Youtube clip of Bloomington Midget race (sim game)