IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Miller experiment
8/16/09, 8:32 PM   #31
Re: Kevin Miller experiment
spruett

Right or wrong ideas and suggestions are better than bashing.

The only thing that will help car count is to substantially lower costs When it cost $2500 bucks a night to run a competitive regional pavement midget or 3-4 K for a national show and not much less for dirt the amount of people who can afford to do that for fun is very limited. That is why you have the car count at Salem like this past week. The threat of killing a car at Salem is too great and a competitive pavement roller is $25K new.

People who don't believe that are living in the past when home built cars could be welded up and run week in and week out and motors run an entire season, not possible now, although at least you are assured to make the main with these car counts.

Think of it this way for the same amount as the net costs after winnings for running the entire national sprint or midget series an owner could just buy a couple of dozen new Ford F150 s and leave them at the race track and have a lot less hassle. These teams are mostly run out of the pockets of businessmen who love racing and are in it for the love of the game. In times like these love takes a backseat to cash.

8/16/09, 8:36 PM   #32
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
After ORP, Iowa , and Oswego, I know I would be pushing the Champ Cars as much as possible. The crowds were huge. They have a product that is wanted, and IF and WHEN they push it, it works. They just don't seem to know how to do it on a consistent basis. SSDD.
Good Word - there IS a market for the "big event" open wheel race.

8/16/09, 8:44 PM   #33
DonMoore10

This is off topic, but Klepper did a mavelous job on the WoO SPEED broadcast. Congratulations.

1 member likes this post: badgerfan
8/16/09, 8:47 PM   #34
spruett

Agreed and his deal has done a lot more for USAC as well as all sprint/midget/ open wheel racing than almost anyone by creating a solid high quality media outlet

8/16/09, 8:48 PM   #35
sprintcar62

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy View Post
To sprintcar62 You need to be banned for that comment/suggestion

I hope your kidding because I was just kidding also.

8/16/09, 8:56 PM   #36
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcar62 View Post
I hope your kidding because I was just kidding also.
Oh heck yeah. The only person I want banned is . WHAT! You can't say okay his name rhymes with bridgeon and pidgeon :2:
Last edited by dirtywhiteboy; 8/16/09 at 8:57 PM.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
8/16/09, 9:00 PM   #37
Klepper

Thanks guys for the kind words... just wish we were still there shooting tonights finale.

8/16/09, 9:02 PM   #38
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
Kirk, looking at the date of this news release, it appears that Staab ,who was still working at USAC in December 2007, had a hand in getting the Grove race.

Mr Miller took over in December of 2007. Just a guess here, Greg did most of leg work for the the 2008 schedule.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...6565&FS=USAC-S

... but Kevin Miller is to blame for both of the rain outs at the Grove... J/K
Spridge, Russ is right about Staab. Greg was out here at the Williams Grove National Open making contacts and getting the ball rolling before anyone ever heard the name Kevin Miller associated with USAC. I know this because I picked Staab up at his hotel which is close to my house & took him to the track.

8/16/09, 9:27 PM   #39
Kirk Spridgeon

Jeff, believe me, I know how it all went down. Kevin Miller doesn't do scheduling, for the most part. I was only pointing out that those additions have been made under the current regime. Whether he wants to be included or not, Greg was a part of that for a while.

BTW, what name was associated with the sponsor of the three richest sprint car races of all time (And by "sprint car," I don't mean "winged sprint car")? Hint: They were all at Eldora.

8/16/09, 9:37 PM   #40
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
Jeff, believe me, I know how it all went down. Kevin Miller doesn't do scheduling, for the most part. I was only pointing out that those additions have been made under the current regime. Whether he wants to be included or not, Greg was a part of that for a while.

BTW, what name was associated with the sponsor of the three richest sprint car races of all time (And by "sprint car," I don't mean "winged sprint car")? Hint: They were all at Eldora.
Oh, you mean the one who's parent company is now owned by Fiat because of horribly bad business decisions and had to take government bailout money just to be able to be sold to Fiat?

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Miller experiment