IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danville Purse?
8/16/09, 9:34 AM   #1
Danville Purse?
racin51

Does anyone know what the payout will be at Danville tonight? Is it what is posted on web-site? Thanks for any info.

8/16/09, 9:44 AM   #2
Re: Danville Purse?
blk47

its the regular payout go to the web site for payout

8/16/09, 11:17 AM   #3
Bill Gardner
Administrator

http://www.vermilioncountyspeedway.c...ts/payouts.htm

8/16/09, 11:20 AM   #4
racin51

I saw the website, just heard a lot of rumors of a purse cut and wanted to make sure. Thanks for the reply Bill.

8/16/09, 2:48 PM   #5
cshuman

Hopefully it isnt the same purse as LPS cause it is pretty much a joke.. I really liked what Spiker was doing with Danville, and had pretty high hopes about him taking over LPS... LPS can be my absolute favorite track in the country when someone screws up and gets it right, but so far it has been the same or worse... too much water early, tractor tires half way up the track in the heats, and if Im not mistaken, the payout, which was already kinda low just got worse. $350 dollars for 4th??.. pretty sad.. I made $450 at Bloomington for running 5th.. What gets me is they can ask drivers and teams their opinion, yet it goes in one ear and out the other.. Like I said, I love the track when its right but unless a car owner tells me I have to go to LPS or im fired, I dont know that I will be back untill someone steps up and shows some effort and respect to the guys putting on the show..

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
8/16/09, 4:26 PM   #6
JSBH03

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
Hopefully it isnt the same purse as LPS cause it is pretty much a joke.. I really liked what Spiker was doing with Danville, and had pretty high hopes about him taking over LPS... LPS can be my absolute favorite track in the country when someone screws up and gets it right, but so far it has been the same or worse... too much water early, tractor tires half way up the track in the heats, and if Im not mistaken, the payout, which was already kinda low just got worse. $350 dollars for 4th??.. pretty sad.. I made $450 at Bloomington for running 5th.. What gets me is they can ask drivers and teams their opinion, yet it goes in one ear and out the other.. Like I said, I love the track when its right but unless a car owner tells me I have to go to LPS or im fired, I dont know that I will be back untill someone steps up and shows some effort and respect to the guys putting on the show..
That sucks! As someone who goes to LPS almost every saturday, your one of the ones we root for. I live in Terre Haute so I root for the TH drivers, you and a couple others. My 4 year old son is a big fan. (No offense but I think he likes the look of the car more than anything!) You would obviously know this better, but to the people in the crowd, the track looked as good as ever.
Posted via Mobile Device

8/16/09, 11:12 PM   #7
cshuman

Dont get me wrong, I think the track for the feature, even the B was pretty racey.. I was speaking more of the slimey greasy mess it is early on, and then moving the tires half way up the track makes passing in the heats near impossible unless someone runs off the track.. and the heats have such a huge impact on your whole night.. I just dont understand why they put sooo much water on the track week after week.. I understand wanting to have a good track for later in the night, but a happy medium would be good. Then the decrease in pay kinda tops it off. Some may think Im just complaining, but I think everyone in the pits feels very similar, and If we just keep showing up, nothing will get changed and we will be racing on the same track, and for less and less. We race for less now then they did back in the 80s and 90s.. The new signs and bathrooms up top at LPS look great and were much needed, but there is still ALOT that doesnt seem to be changing and its too bad. I hope that I can get on here someday and say that its great to see what a great turn around LPS has made. Hopefully sooner then later...

shu

8/16/09, 11:20 PM   #8
D.O.

There was 26 sprint cars at Danville for the rainout so they would of paid the posted purse.

8/16/09, 11:34 PM   #9
jjones776

Why would any promoter want to pay more money? Seems like anytime there's a bigger money race around Indiana everyone goes elsewhere to cherry pick. Example, haubstadt two weeks ago
Posted via Mobile Device

8/16/09, 11:43 PM   #10
cshuman

I dont think thats totally true, haubstadt has kinda always been a lower car count. Kiss at Paragon was high 40s maybe 50s, Waynesfield last night had 45? Sheldon Kinser had mid 40s..

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danville Purse?