IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Airline help needed!
8/9/09, 2:50 PM   #1
Airline help needed!
<3usac

This is a bit random, yet still racing related!! What city do I fly into if I'm going to Eldora?

8/9/09, 2:53 PM   #2
Re: Airline help needed!
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

If it was me..I fly into indy and rent a car.

8/9/09, 2:56 PM   #3
ryoung99

Race Count This Year: 10

Indy is good, you can also fly into Fort Wayne Indiana, the airport is not as big (which is why I like it).

8/9/09, 3:05 PM   #4
<3usac

OK thanks. Do you know if any hotels shuttle to the track? I might be going back by myself, and I'm not old enough to rent a car =/

8/9/09, 4:09 PM   #5
Z-man

I live in Cincy, most people from here fly out of Indy or Dayton to save money on air fare so either one of these would be a good choice, I think dayton is closer to eldora. As for the shuttle, I highly doubt it. Your best bet is to ask for a ride from this board, what weekend are you planning on making your trip?

8/9/09, 4:13 PM   #6
sprinter25

Here's a list of Airlines serving Ft. Wayne.

http://www.fwairport.com/statistics-carriers.aspx

But I'd try Dayton. Cincinnati, or Indy, since major carriers tend to offer cheaper fares to major cities...and didn't Heidi Drake have a banner ad on here a while back her offering the travel agency service?

8/9/09, 4:18 PM   #7
sam

The airport in Dayton is one hour from Eldora. Indy airport is a strong two hours from Eldora (the airport is on the west side of Indy). Columbus is anther choice, but it is probably two hours and 15 minutes to the track.

8/9/09, 4:21 PM   #8
<3usac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man View Post
I live in Cincy, most people from here fly out of Indy or Dayton to save money on air fare so either one of these would be a good choice, I think dayton is closer to eldora. As for the shuttle, I highly doubt it. Your best bet is to ask for a ride from this board, what weekend are you planning on making your trip?
I'm looking to come out for the 4 crown on the weekend of the 26th in September. Thanks for all your help guys. Hopefully I can get it all figured out (hopefully I can get the car ready so I don't have to fly!)
Posted via Mobile Device

8/9/09, 4:35 PM   #9
racerdog45

Dayton airport is less than an hour from Eldora, by far the closest major airport with several major carriers flying into it. Indy airport would be over 2 hours and I'd say Cincy the same or more. If you fly into Daytom basically you'd shoot out onto I-70 west a few miles then head north to the big E. Lots of nice countryside to see and you can always stop for some Maid-rites in Greenville!

8/9/09, 5:21 PM   #10
aceace

There's an ice cream shop in one of those small towns about 30 minutes from the speedway. Always wanted to stop there, it's usually hot outside. Looks like a Dairy Queen but it's a mom and pop rest. Your best bet is Dayton if flying, you might get someone on here to pick you up near I70 if you can get a cab to a restaurant near the highway

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Airline help needed!