IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > so...
7/23/09, 11:59 PM   #1
so...
throb

tonight was the first time that i have been to (IRP).(ORP) for a couple of years..........

let me start by saying this.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know this is supposed to be the "premier" divisions of the league.......but i couldnt have been more bored.......good thing that i got $10 off of general admission tickets.........$12 to see two of the most boring races i have seen for quite some time..............
Last edited by throb; 7/24/09 at 12:24 AM.

7/24/09, 12:03 AM   #2
Re: so................................................ ...............
JasonWatt

Throb,
The SC race looked boring as hell! That is for sure.... I enjoyed watching BC win from the 6th starting spot in the midget race! I was watching the broadcast through USAC which wasn't a bad feed at all!

7/24/09, 12:12 AM   #3
throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWatt View Post
Throb,
The SC race looked boring as hell! That is for sure.... I enjoyed watching BC win from the 6th starting spot in the midget race! I was watching the broadcast through USAC which wasn't a bad feed at all!
both of the races were about as boring as they get............ i could not say which was better........the boring ass midget race or the more boring SC race.......both were terrible...........

7/24/09, 5:18 AM   #4
hoosierhillbilly

While I did not go to the race last night, my last few experiences with IRP have been the same. I started going back in the Thunder days and the races were generally really good. I know they redid the banking to help the NASCAR races. THey seemed to have really hurt the open wheel stuff. Its a good thing they hardly run any open wheel races there any more.

7/24/09, 5:51 AM   #5
Midget82

Throb... at least you got to go to the races!

7/24/09, 8:13 AM   #6
Re: so...
Seadog

If you are a real race fan, how can you be bored at a race? Some are better than others but they're all good. Compared to what I did last night, which was leave work and go to the grocery store, and go home and do some "honey do" chores and then go to bed, I'll trade places with you any day. I couldn't even get the god darn video feed to work.

Unbelievable - people go to a race and still beotch.

4 members like this post: AustinSprinter, billwill7, buck2, SteveD
7/24/09, 8:24 AM   #7
miledirt

Some Silver Crown races are better than others...

For me, I just love the cars themselves...

1 member likes this post: billwill7
7/24/09, 8:40 AM   #8
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by throb View Post
both of the races were about as boring as they get............ i could not say which was better........the boring ass midget race or the more boring SC race.......both were terrible...........
Rob,

I really feel for you. If you want to see boring, go to both the NASCRAP races at ORP and see how much you like that. Better yet, go to the Brickyard and then come back and let us know how exciting the racing is. From what I heard, last years version was a classic.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: buck2
7/24/09, 8:44 AM   #9
Jim Halpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
If you are a real race fan, how can you be bored at a race? Some are better than others but they're all good. Compared to what I did last night, which was leave work and go to the grocery store, and go home and do some "honey do" chores and then go to bed, I'll trade places with you any day. I couldn't even get the god darn video feed to work.

Unbelievable - people go to a race and still beotch.
Seadog,

I tried fighting this battle last week and it's like pissing into the wind. There are just some people that don't appreciate the fantastic racing they get to see week in and week out. Never mind the fact that there were some really great battles mid-pack in the midget race between Whitt, Kuhn, Bowman, etc. Or how about Dave Darland going from 24th to 14th in the first 15 laps of the silver crown race, including passing 5 cars in two corners? Apparently because there aren't constant side by side battles for the lead it is a horribly boring race...wrong. These are probably the people that find the freight train of tintops on Sunday unbelievably exciting... I saw Ryan Newman come back and put his guts on the line...going three wide on at least two seperate occasions. If you look at more than the first five cars in the race you might find that there are great races to be found.

I'm sorry for going on these rants what seems like weekly anymore, and I'm not calling anybody out...but why must we have threads complaining about a race that was certainly intriguing...and lucky to be run considering the weather? Appreciate what you have...it may not always be here...you may not always be here. This year I have seen some of the best races in my memory...Brad Kuhn's last lap pass for the win at Bloomington, four fantastic races during ISW including Kamp which I still claim as one of the best I've ever seen, the Little 500 which was a hammer and tong battle between two greats that this race fan will never forget, the Indianapolis 500 which I know some people despise anymore but it's still a tradition to our family, my first trips to Gas City which was awesome and Lawrenceburg which was quite the show in itself. I, for one, go to bed each night dreaming of the races past and eager for the ones to come...not saying you should...but respect the men putting their lives on the line for your "boring" races...they could leave us at any time. And my thoughts are with John Surtees and family as well, he lost his son in a race at Brands Hatch last week and and it was just a sad deal all around.

7/24/09, 9:35 AM   #10
psullivan

I personally thought the midget race was good with all sorts of interesting things in the heat and the feature. The SC race was not an instant classic - but to see 32 traditional SC cars again under the lights again was great. There was a great effort extended to get the track back in shape and everything was expedited about as quick as possible to get the show in. Good crowd and it looked to me that most cheered and seemed to have a good time.

4 members like this post: AustinSprinter, Fred Zirzow, itsanonwingthing, mowerman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > so...