IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Barry Ryan of B&L Motorsports needs our Prayers...
7/21/09, 2:43 PM   #1
Barry Ryan of B&L Motorsports needs our Prayers...
TeamCGR

Barry Ryan of B&L Motorsports in Milan, Indiana had a Heart Attack 2 weeks ago and this morning underwent Open Heart Surgery in Cincinnati, OH. For those of you that do not know Barry, which is not many, Barry has been a staple at Lawrenceburg Speedway and other tracks throughout Indiana for years.

Currently, Barry has been working with Mike Webber in the 22W. Last year and in 07, we had the pleasure of working with Barry and his group while Coleman cut his teeth in the 410 Non Wing Ranks in Indiana. Over the time we worked with Barry, he and his Family, Wife Kathy, Son Deano and Granddaughter Delany treated us like their own. Racing aside, this group has become our extended Family in Indiana. These are some of the finest, most loyal friends we have ever had. You know the old saying, "Give the Shirt off his Back"? I believe that was written for Barry. There is nothing he wouldn't do for anyone. Barry is also known for helping Brett "The Jet" Burdette and Bryan "Bullet" Clauson over the years, during some of the most delicate and formulative times of their lives. Someone told me recently that Barry and his Group did a great job preparing Coleman for the Rigors of Indiana Racing and what it takes to make it in the toughest Racing State in the Country. We could not agree more.

The news from Kathy is good. Barry pulled through the Surgery and is doing ok. However it is a very traumatic time for their entire Family and Barry is not out of the woods yet by any means. This was a serious procedure and the healing time is fairly long. Please say a prayer for the Ryan Family in their time of need. I cannot stress how good this Family is and how much they do for others without ever asking for anything in return.

IOW Members, when you hit your knees tonight, please ask the Good Lord to continue to guide the Ryan Family through this tough time. Hopefully it will not be long and we will see "The Chicken Hawk" Barry Ryan back at LS and other tracks doing what he does best; make us all feel good about ourselves.

Barry, we Love you and Pray for you everyday. See you soon

Pete, Jill, Grant, The Iceman, Ben, Billy, Candy, Roberta and of course, Buzz.

7/21/09, 2:57 PM   #2
Re: Barry Ryan of B&L Motorsports needs our Prayers...
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Hang in there and get well Barry! Lots of prayers and thoughts to you and yours in this time of need.

Stay strong and think possitive! C U in a few weeks when your healed up and can't wait to get out and about!

7/21/09, 3:06 PM   #3
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

We hope you, Barry, have a speedy recovery. Our thoughts are with Kathy, Deano and the family.
Bob and Monica

7/21/09, 4:47 PM   #4
Chad Cunningham

My thoughts and prayers will be with Barry and the entire Ryan Family. It'e been great talking with him and Mike Webber at the track this year. Get well quick, and we will see you back at the Burg!

Chad

Romans 8:28

7/21/09, 5:29 PM   #5
Tim Clauson

Barry, you and the family our in our prayers !

The Clauson's

7/21/09, 6:31 PM   #6
FishBurger

Thoughts and prayers are with you Barry.

Hope we'll see you again soon. Until then, just
hang tough and do what the docs say. They usually
know the best setups for deals like this.

7/21/09, 6:46 PM   #7
IndyBound

Pete, my thoughts and prayers are with Barry and the Ryan family during this traumatic time.

Some thing I was reminded of in May when we were going through our own traumatic time with Billy Day is that people outside of the racing community have know way of understanding the bond of friendship or kinship racers have, you described it perfectly in this thread.

May God speed Barry's recovery time.

Patti

7/21/09, 6:56 PM   #8
ChaplainJackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBurger View Post
Thoughts and prayers are with you Barry.

Hope we'll see you again soon. Until then, just
hang tough and do what the docs say. They usually
know the best setups for deals like this.
You will be in my prayers also Barry. Proverbs 3:5~6 offers more comfort than My words can. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding in all ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. God Bless you and your family.
Posted via Mobile Device

7/21/09, 7:21 PM   #9
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Wow, I can't believe this news, I will definately be praying for Barry, He is always stopping by to say hi to me, and is very supportive of what i do. Get well soon Barry. We need you back at the track soon.
Lawrenceburg Speedway/ Dave Rudisell
CGR, Do you know what hospital he is at? Thanks

7/21/09, 7:33 PM   #10
zeroracer

Get well soon Barry thoughts and prayers from the Burton Family

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Barry Ryan of B&L Motorsports needs our Prayers...