IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ill. Sprintweek info and more.
6/2/09, 1:06 AM   #1
Ill. Sprintweek info and more.
D.O.

Il. Sprinweek ?????

Looking at the payoff looks very fair. I hope this grows.I will follow it.

Hope to see a lot of racers follow this week.

See you there.

D.O.

Lots of question and here is some of the answers.

June 9-----Danville
June 10--- Spoon River
June 11----Jacksonville
June 12----Granite City
June 13----Lincoln Speedway
June 14----Shepps Speedway

All events will pay:
1-$2000
2-$1200
3-$1000
4-$700
5-$600
6-$500
7-$400
8-$350
9-$300
10-$250
11-20-$200

The point fund for 6 nights of racing will be:
1-$1250 & Bell equipment(bag, nomex, gloves, shoes, ect.)
2-$750
3-$500
4-$300
5-$200

Drivers if you can support this and help make these events succeed, I can promise next year will be bigger. Help spread the word!!
Any questions call anyone of these tracks or call Don Hammer @ 217-737-7134

6/2/09, 7:01 AM   #2
Re: Ill. Sprintweek info and more.
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

Why is this Illinois series of races scheduled against USAC midget week? Won't this hurt the sprintcar counts for midget week? Plus I now see POWERi has scheduled three of their midget shows against USAC and two against the Illinois deal. What's up with that?

If I'd have known this before I probably would not have made my air and hotel reservations for Midget Week, as I'm not into seeing diluted shows. Aren't there enough weeks in the summer to plan these things better? Scheduling against each other makes the fan have to choose where they're going. I would love to go to the Illinois races as I could pick up a few new tracks, but with it running against Midget Week that isn't going to happen.

Also does anyone know what's running as the support division with the midgets at North Vernon?

6/2/09, 8:29 AM   #3
ROSS

Race Count Last Year: 53

Anybody know the format? Is this a draw or are they qualifying and if it is a lousy draw are there passing points or anything. Thanks ahead of time for your help.

6/2/09, 9:07 AM   #4
Haulerin2deep

Not too many of the drivers that would run Illinois sprint week would have a conflict with Midget week anyway. I personally can't wait to see traditional sprints at Spoon River again and the new Tri-city. Have friends coming all the way from Kansas just to see some of these shows. Should be good. Hopefully we can get a whole week of nice weather. D.O. I will see you there buddy!!!!!

6/2/09, 11:57 AM   #5
Haulerin2deep

Who all is planning on coming to any or all of these shows. Fans and Drivers both????

6/2/09, 12:29 PM   #6
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haulerin2deep View Post
Who all is planning on coming to any or all of these shows. Fans and Drivers both????
Unfortunately, the only one I will get to go to is Danville. I really wanted to support this series and go to every one, but am still baffled that they would put it up against something as successful as Indiana Midget Week has become. IMO, that decision will cost them dearly. Especially at the front gate.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/2/09 at 12:51 PM.

6/2/09, 1:11 PM   #7
Finner18

[QUOTE=nowingsjeff;107546]Why is this Illinois series of races scheduled against USAC midget week? Won't this hurt the sprintcar counts for midget week? Plus I now see POWERi has scheduled three of their midget shows against USAC and two against the Illinois deal. What's up with that?

Pretty sure POWRI's schedule was out before USAC's and for sure the Illinois deal even though Granite City is a part of the IL Sprint Week.

Last September USAC scheduled the Hut Hundred at THAT same night as POWRI show at Belleville. Terre Haute had about 20 cars and Belleville about 30. Who knows why that happens????
Last edited by Finner18; 6/2/09 at 1:13 PM.

6/2/09, 2:16 PM   #8
AlkyMadness

Until this year, was IMW always in August?

June is the perfect month for dirt tracks in Illinois to schedule alternatives to dirt late model. They've got this thing called the Summernationals going on (aka the Hell Tour). I believe that starts next week.

It's always been my belief that you should never run your business worrying about what's going on in the next state. If you're worried that you might fail because of something going on a couple hundred miles away, well, you might as well fold up the tent and find another line of work.

I think the Ill Sprint Week is a fantastic idea and wish them nothing but success. This is exactly what is needed to help grow non-wing 410's. And growth equals survival for all involved.

According to Eckert's schedules on Open Wheel Times, the support for IMW at Twin Cities is the Ford Focus Midgets.

In my case, I might skip it all and head to Lincoln Speedway in PA to see the Super Late Models run in the first annual Appalachian Dirt Week (they move to Port Royal the next night and then on to Bedford). I'll be at the Dream this weekend and look forward to the annual Kokomo visit on Sunday.

6/2/09, 8:49 PM   #9
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I plan on hitting the Danville show for sure. I enjoyed the abbreviated show on Saturday night due to the weather. A nice track with a good showing of sprint cars. With Indiana Midget week also running I plan on hitting Gas City and then on to Brownstown for the UMP Summer National late model show. Next Friday is the annual "Fastest Show on Earth" at Toledo with the ISMA/MSA supermodifieds in conjunction with the Auto Value Super Sprint series. Saturday we will continue on to Berlin for the supermodified show with the USAC regional midgets and WOM midgets also on the card. Looking forward to a great week of racing.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/2/09, 9:05 PM   #10
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowingsjeff View Post
Why is this Illinois series of races scheduled against USAC midget week? Won't this hurt the sprintcar counts for midget week? Plus I now see POWERi has scheduled three of their midget shows against USAC and two against the Illinois deal. What's up with that?

If I'd have known this before I probably would not have made my air and hotel reservations for Midget Week, as I'm not into seeing diluted shows. Aren't there enough weeks in the summer to plan these things better? Scheduling against each other makes the fan have to choose where they're going. I would love to go to the Illinois races as I could pick up a few new tracks, but with it running against Midget Week that isn't going to happen.

Also does anyone know what's running as the support division with the midgets at North Vernon?

Don't worry about what's NOT happening out here and get your ass to Grandview

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ill. Sprintweek info and more.