IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC at Anderson -- Are You Coming???
5/2/09, 11:18 PM   #21
Re: USAC at Anderson -- Are You Coming???
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Dave and Tanner Swanson got together on the initial start with Swanson not able to make the call for the re-start. Dave had some type of damage as the car was smoking. Dave continued on for a while but retired early in the race. The amazing part about the race was after a complete restart, it went green for all 100 laps. East was on a rail and he really stunk up the show.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/2/09, 11:28 PM   #22
arctic monkey21

I thought East and Santos would take each other out for sure at the beginning. After that exchange Bobby was long gone.

5/2/09, 11:39 PM   #23
Hoosier Highbanks

FEATURE: (100 laps) 1. Bobby East, 2. Tracy Hines, 3. Bobby Santos III, 4. Levi Jones, 5. Jerry Coons Jr., 6. Chris Windom, 7. Cole Whitt, 8. Damion Gardner, 9. Dakoda Armstrong, 10. Darren Hagen, 11. Jacob Wilson, 12. Brad Sweet, 13. Henry Clarke, 14. Jesse Hockett, 15. Dave Darland, 16. Russ Gamester, 17. Tanner Swanson. 19:53.53
Last edited by Hoosier Highbanks; 5/2/09 at 11:40 PM.

5/3/09, 11:03 AM   #24

well this was the first USAC race i have attended since the debacle at liberty last year. If this race wasn't being held at Anderson I would have not shown. I left this race with several mixed emotions. 1st, what a terrible show. The biggest sprint car race is 3 weeks away, and there were only 3 MAYBE 4 cars there that would actually run the 500. SAD. Biggest disopointment 17 cars total. I think the drivers are deffinatly makeing there stance. 2 heat races 1 LCQ 3 total passes. take east out of the feature, not much passing at all. He was deffinatly set up. He was flying. Glad he will not be there for thr 500, i think he would take out to many cars. Usac has killed the sprint car series. 32 cars at gas city last weekend 17 this weekend. Heck kuntz had 4 cars there according to the announcer. Best advice for anderson speedway, you can not afford usac, Go back to the Imge 50 days and promote your own sprint car race. Then maybe you can make a little bit of money to put backinto the track.

5/3/09, 11:45 AM   #25
GregD

I too was at the race last night and saw it a lot different. It was a great race! Very glad I was there to see it.
As far as the Liberty group, take note, Anderson Speedway knows how to put on a race. Well done by the Anderson crew.

5/3/09, 12:00 PM   #26
Shawn

I'm not sure that there have ever been that many cars to race before the Little 500. I know for a fact that a lot of guys don't want to tear up their stuff. So, why take that chance when the biggest race is coming up? It's a double edged sword. Take last night for what it was and look forward to the Little 500.

You can hate USAC all you want, that's fine. The Union County Speedway "debacle", as you call it, can't be blamed solely on USAC. That's another topic though, plus it's in the past.

I also think that the count is a bit low, but not that low. Pavement sprints don't usually pack the pits, usually.

Lastly, Anderson Speedway is the same pretty much everytime sprints tackle the highbanks. It's tight and usually doesn't provide a lot of passing. It's Anderson though, which is a fun place to go watch a race. Best of luck to them, especially later in the month for the Little 500!
Last edited by Shawn; 5/3/09 at 12:13 PM.

5/3/09, 2:25 PM   #27

Last night was odviouse, USAC has ran the little teams off. Not putting cars in the pits, it wasn't that long ago they were running a last chance race to make the heat races. As far as a great race, i must say, i was rather impressed with the front wheel drives. tons of passing there. Great fun track, but for a struggleing track I deffinatly don't think they got theree money worth. And no i do not hate usac, i just did not like the way they handled that last year. Time to head to the speedrome.

5/3/09, 4:00 PM   #28
cabjr111

Was this the first race back for Hagen ?

5/3/09, 9:37 PM   #29

not sure what happend to him in the feature i think he was running better than 10th, but i could be wrong. East was the only thing to watch. no one else was passing.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC at Anderson -- Are You Coming???