IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg speedway
4/19/09, 10:47 AM   #1
Lawrenceburg speedway
rightrear

Thank You Mr. Dave Rudisell and your staff for a great track, and the friendship you and your staff offer every trip. The track was amazing. Fire Crews, e.m.s. Push truck. Wreckers everone was awesome. Thanks Dave Roach

4/19/09, 11:08 AM   #2
Re: Lawrenceburg speedway
BIGEBUDMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightrear View Post
Thank You Mr. Dave Rudisell and your staff for a great track, and the friendship you and your staff offer every trip. The track was amazing. Fire Crews, e.m.s. Push truck. Wreckers everone was awesome. Thanks Dave Roach
I second that statement, Lawrenceburg is top notch.

4/19/09, 11:16 AM   #3
terrehautian

I was going to create a thread about it, but I post whatt I was going to say here.....

Last night was my first ever race at the track. It is awesome, I still like THAT best still. I like that all the seats have a great view of the racing. I was in the turn 3 stands on the first hot lap session I was rained on with track clay. I mean like pouring down clay.

4/19/09, 11:23 AM   #4
cleatziff

My wife and I had a great time last night. The racing was great. I was really impressed with the food and the quick service in the concesions.

4/19/09, 11:33 AM   #5
Obie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGEBUDMAN View Post
I second that statement, Lawrenceburg is top notch.
I heard you & openwheelkt had a great time. Wish we coulda been there, but I was watchin on USAC's site.

4/19/09, 11:48 AM   #6
gemt3657

I would Like to say THANK YOU once again to the safety crew and the wreckers! You guys do a awesome job! You guys always respond so quickly! It just a shame we had to be put on the wrecker twice in one night!! lol...
Thank you again!
#3 Mini Sprint Crew!

4/19/09, 1:07 PM   #7
Pitpass

Just wish they had more track to run:rolling:rolling:rolling

4/19/09, 1:45 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Its true the track narrowed durring the racing. The clay was almost impossible to get in the first place due to wet conditions. Then we've had several more than a inch rains including last friday. Weds durring practice it drizzled the whole time. Still the racing area of the track was wider than bloomingtons whole track width After a yellow where guys packed a bit a few like Hockett and Ballou and Whitt would jump up there and pass a couple cars.

I seen several instances of 3-4 and at one point five wide early in races and also seen many great possition battles, Namely for transfer possitions.

Great night of racing. Thanks guys.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/19/09 at 1:50 PM.

4/19/09, 1:56 PM   #9
racephoto1

I have to say that this was the finest race track I have seen in years. The track prep was incredible. Dave and the crew, I must say Thank You ! This is the man who made it possible , with Josh Wise.
Last edited by racephoto1; 8/10/09 at 7:30 AM.

4/19/09, 2:14 PM   #10
Jerry Shaw

The last heat was the best one and the feature ended up being better than any of the heats. Within the feature, there were several really good duels. Wise-Sweet, Darland-Hockett, Darland-Clauson, Levi-Sweet and Gardner-Hockett just to name a few. There were times that the track was a bit narrow, but it certainly wasn't due to a lack of effort on the track crew's part. From what I understand, before, in between and after bouts of weather these guys have pretty much been working around the clock and Rudisell looked to be in full work-a-holic mode, throughout the show. So, despite new clay and weather, I saw a good enough program and think the new investments they made will make the track even better, as the year goes on.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg speedway