IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC video!
4/19/09, 1:04 AM   #1
USAC video! Read this . . . for the future of the sport . . .
TheLip2

Sorry to repost this, but felt it relevant . . . from the Burg thread.

It may be appropriate to email both USAC and IMS to express your gratitude and appreciation for hosting and producing the live video feeds if we want them to continue. They need to understand that media coverage and accesibility translates to a bigger fan base and growth of the sport. Let's face it . . . IMO car counts were low this weekend and the sport is hurting. Great live crowds at both Gas City and The Burg, but car counts were low IMO. If car counts continue to spiral downward attendance could follow and then we will really be sucked into a funnel. Show your appreciation . . . your enthusiasm and positive comments can only help. Bandwith is EXPENSIVE and IMS and USAC "MUST" believe that it is in their best interests for current and future growth/revenue or I can guarantee you the FREE video will not continue.

IMS contact link: http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/contactus/

USAC contact link: http://www.usacracing.com/contact

Thanks for your time,

Scott Libbert
Last edited by TheLip2; 4/19/09 at 1:38 AM.

4/19/09, 7:33 AM   #2
Re: USAC video!
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

It would be nice if they could archive it on their website so you could play it later. The reason many of us that can't make it to the track is the same reason we can't watch "Live" on the computer either. You know work or other responcibilities. Having it to play later would be good for everyone. Even the people who went to the track would probably enjoy watching again as I'm sure they'll learn why certain things transpired that they weren't privy to at the track. Or if they were just to drunk to remember! LOL

I look for more of these videos feeds. They'll get us hooked, then they'll be a fee. Not complaining, as I'll gladly pay it as long as it's reasonable.

4/19/09, 11:27 AM   #3
PIT CART

The video was great!! Great job by everybody.

4/19/09, 12:00 PM   #4
cmp

Very Well Done!! Thank You!!
Bruce

4/19/09, 12:20 PM   #5
Klepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowingsjeff View Post
It would be nice if they could archive it on their website so you could play it later. The reason many of us that can't make it to the track is the same reason we can't watch "Live" on the computer either. You know work or other responcibilities. Having it to play later would be good for everyone. Even the people who went to the track would probably enjoy watching again as I'm sure they'll learn why certain things transpired that they weren't privy to at the track. Or if they were just to drunk to remember! LOL

I look for more of these videos feeds. They'll get us hooked, then they'll be a fee. Not complaining, as I'll gladly pay it as long as it's reasonable.

Senior Jeff... Whats up dude? The reason it wont be archived online (and this is a guess) is so you will purchase the DVD. Take some of your millions and pony up!

Thanks for watching,

RK

4/19/09, 12:33 PM   #6
shocksurgeon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klepper View Post
Senior Jeff... Whats up dude? The reason it wont be archived online (and this is a guess) is so you will purchase the DVD. Take some of your millions and pony up!

Thanks for watching,

RK
I must agree, USAC is working hard to satisfy the needs of the fans who cant make it to track by having live feeds as often as possible and it is very much appreciated, the least we can do as fans and participants , if we want to see the races again and again is support them providing live online action by buying the dvds of the races to help offset some of the cost instead of expecting everything for free! For those of us in the pits who dont get to see most of the action, just the cars that we are invoved with, its great to be able to see what we might have have missed otherwise! Great job USAC,ROB KLEPPER,Dean MILLS, keep up the good work! I ,as alot of people who are involved in the sport like to get home from a long weekend of racing, and see what else happend.
A.J. Atherton

4/19/09, 3:35 PM   #7
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klepper View Post

Thanks for watching,

RK
Rob, are you coming to the bowling alley for a beer this year when USAC comes to PA? You know you & all the USAC drivers, owners, crew, officals and fans are always welcome at ABC West. Get intouch with me before the trip & I'll let everyone bowl for free again. Or if any of the rigs need to park at the alley it will be no problem. They just need to contact me first to reserve their spot in our parking lot. Website: www.abcwest.com or email me at: abcwestbowl@aol.com

On your response about buying the DVD. I love Dean's work. I respect him for all of his promotional efforts of non wingers, not just his video work. That guy is smart as hell & pretty cool too. (I do wonder about his buddy Buckley though. LOL) My problem is the guy is spread so thin that most of the time it's weeks before he has each race available on DVD. I'm thinking a package deal through USAC with Dean getting a percentage would be better for all parties involved. That is as long as they don't get greedy & charge high prices. You know like Dick Wallen does. That's ridiculous what he charges.

Keep up the good work on your show. You don't know how much it means to people like me that care so much for USAC, yet live so far away from all the action.

Later,

Jeff
Last edited by nowingsjeff; 4/19/09 at 4:35 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC video!