IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hey section "A" bunch
4/16/09, 10:39 PM   #31
Re: Hey section "A" bunch
Danny Burton

Been too busy laughing at you witty types. :thumb

And I've been checking. Marv Fish was not in the running for Pocahontas' hand. Also, Marv helped build Ellis Island, long before the immigrants came over. :wink

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

4/16/09, 10:47 PM   #32
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneMugavin57 View Post
Man that sucks that Dan won't be going. Danny B has been kinda quiet maybe he was up all night accepting peoples last minute tax returns. Jerry will you be going?
I wouldn't miss it, Shane. I called Marv earlier today to reserve two seats in the Fishburger Pavillion. I'm really looking forward to seeing a USAC race on that track, again.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

4/16/09, 10:47 PM   #33
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I think he invented the Alphebet, Starting with the letter A

4/16/09, 11:24 PM   #34
ShaneMugavin57

Now I kind of feel bad about starting this thread. I expected everyone to jump on me after my first post. I didn't realize it was going to turn into a Fishburger roast. Sorry Marv. I did get a kick out of the guy asking you if there was any good breakfast places though. Thats like asking Hugh Heffner if he knows any cute young gals.

4/16/09, 11:39 PM   #35
Pat O'Connor Fan

Kim told me that the Section A bunch is way too rowdy for a sweet older gent like me. Therefore I must respectfully and regretfully beg off. She has me scheduled to spectate at a Warbird Tirbute (P-47 Thunderbolts) at Sevierville, TN for the entire weekend.
Maybe if she ever saw that gentlemen like Mike and Danny do such a great job of keeping so many of the Section A denizens quite civil, she might allow innocent ol' me to make more trips to the Burg.

4/17/09, 10:25 AM   #36
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan View Post
Kim told me that the Section A bunch is way too rowdy for a sweet older gent like me. Therefore I must respectfully and regretfully beg off. She has me scheduled to spectate at a Warbird Tirbute (P-47 Thunderbolts) at Sevierville, TN for the entire weekend.
Maybe if she ever saw that gentlemen like Mike and Danny do such a great job of keeping so many of the Section A denizens quite civil, she might allow innocent ol' me to make more trips to the Burg.
WOW!!! It is really starting to get deep.:rolling:rolling

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4/17/09, 12:38 PM   #37
FishBurger

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT I feel I need to respond to the myriad of personal attacks, not only to myself, but also to those directed at the sweet, peaceful, rules abiding, somewhat bashful bunch who have seen fit to join me weekly in Section "A" for racing enjoyment. I do so with the hope that many here who know not of our All American attributes, will discount the rampant character assassination frequently found in this forum. For your consideration, here is a typical Section "A" evening at the 'Burg:

When there is racing on the track, we are quietly but enthusiastically into it.....completely. :greenflag:

During "down times" :redflag:

Danny B can be seen penning notes of encouragement to shut-ins.
Gregg likes to crochet lap quilts for seniors in nursing homes.
Ed K. (IOW lurker) cruises the area raising money for various charitable causes.
Hoover knits receiving blankies for expectant but unwed mothers to be.
Jerry Shaw (ex-Marine) is our enforcer keeping sometimers like Dirtfan and Mud Packer under control.
And me? Well, I like to sit, quietly polishing one or more of the treasures in my stove lid collection.

Now I ask you, how much more benevolent and less threatening could this group be??? :confused:

Oh, it may interest you to know that while we love Cheri, the 50/50 gal (mainly for her work ethic) we are thinking of petitioning Bozo to hire a couple of hairy legged old guys, in the interest of EEO, you understand, to help Cheri in her point fund prize raising efforts.

See you tomorrow at The 'Burg and Sunday at Winchester. Had to miss Gas City tonight to fulfill several requests of Mrs. FB, good spouse that I am and all. :checkered:
Last edited by FishBurger; 4/17/09 at 12:43 PM.

4/18/09, 9:41 AM   #38
Tim Watson

I hope to experience the infamous "section A" for midget week. Hopefully there is room for me, i don't take up much space. FB i am looking forward to your recap of the racing action tomorrow like you did last year. :thumb

4/18/09, 11:53 AM   #39
FishBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
I hope to experience the infamous "section A" for midget week. Hopefully there is room for me, i don't take up much space. FB i am looking forward to your recap of the racing action tomorrow like you did last year. :thumb
Come on down Tim. Plenty of room and it will be our pleasure to welcome a second Cheesehead visit to our group, racegal (Susan) being the first for the '07 ISW event. You will lower our average age while increasing our total beer comsumption capacity, both obviously good things. :checkered:

4/19/09, 1:11 AM   #40
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBurger View Post
Come on down Tim. Plenty of room and it will be our pleasure to welcome a second Cheesehead visit to our group, racegal (Susan) being the first for the '07 ISW event. You will lower our average age while increasing our total beer comsumption capacity, both obviously good things. :checkered:
Thanks for the kind words Marv. Hopefully midget week works for us. I would love to lower the average age of section A while making an attempt at increasing the total BEER capacity. I'll bring the cheese. :wink

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hey section "A" bunch