IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race weekend around the 500
4/3/09, 9:45 PM   #1
Race weekend around the 500
Jonr

I am thinking about making a racing weekend around the Indy 500. What would you recommend as other races to see in the state. I am thinking about going to Gas City on Friday night, I am unsure about Saturday, and then the 500 on Sunday.

I am more of a dirt track fan than a pavement fan. Thus the midgets at ORP or the mini 500 are not high on my list. What other races should I consider, or should I go to one of the pavement shows.

Thanks

4/3/09, 10:02 PM   #2
Re: Race weekend around the 500
terrehautian

IF the Burg has any races...I woudl go there, I have never been there but from pictures on here, it is a superd operation.

4/3/09, 10:04 PM   #3
awnunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
I am thinking about making a racing weekend around the Indy 500. What would you recommend as other races to see in the state. I am thinking about going to Gas City on Friday night, I am unsure about Saturday, and then the 500 on Sunday.

I am more of a dirt track fan than a pavement fan. Thus the midgets at ORP or the mini 500 are not high on my list. What other races should I consider, or should I go to one of the pavement shows.

Thanks

If they are running that Sat night I suggest you take in the Sprint cars at Paragon Speedway. Not far from Indy and always alot of cars.

4/3/09, 10:29 PM   #4
fishnman

Saturday May 23rd at Lawrenceburg is Open Wheel night, with the King of Indiana Sprints, AMSA Mini-sprints, Mdwest TQ Midgets, and the VARC Vintage race cars.

4/3/09, 10:39 PM   #5
ClaytonYeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
If you have the energy and/or the will you can sprint out of Indy after the race and make it down to Haubstadt around heat race time. We have done that several times. http://www.tristatespeedway.com/schedule.html

4/3/09, 10:41 PM   #6
throb

little 500 at anderson is a must see.......that is on sat night before the 500

4/3/09, 10:47 PM   #7
petey

Hulman Classic at Terre Haute on Thurs. night.

Haubstadt is the place to be on Sun.

4/3/09, 11:03 PM   #8
D.N.3

Kokomo on Sun. after the 500.

4/3/09, 11:06 PM   #9
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Assuming it doesn't get rained out for the third year in a row, the Hoosier 100 is Friday at the Fairgrounds. Also at the Fairgrounds both Friday and Saturday is the Memorabilia Show. There is an admission cost, but it is worth it. Don't know who the guests are going to be this year, but there are always some drivers to sign autographs, some free, some not.

Frank Daigh

4/3/09, 11:06 PM   #10
Fisher79

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.N.3 View Post
Kokomo on Sun. after the 500.
Starting an hour late that night to accomodate 500 fans, also.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race weekend around the 500