IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Truckers #10
3/27/09, 7:26 PM   #1
Truckers #10
JasonWatt

All,
I know have hijacked the Hagen thread so I thought I would start another. What is everyone's opinion why this team cannot keep a driver for any amount of time?

Who do you think would be a good fit in the car and why?

I am not sure on why they cannot keep a driver as I do not personally know any of the Owners, Manager, or Mechanics.

As for drivers, I would like to see one of the Gibson County boys driving the car.

Cummins or Cone!

They both are very consistent runners and take care of the car. With Truckers running the majority of the MSCS schedule I think it would be a good fit!

What about Bland, Jr? Does he prefer to run his own stuff or what?
Last edited by JasonWatt; 3/27/09 at 7:37 PM.

3/27/09, 8:25 PM   #2
Re: Truckers #10
1021gpa

[QUOTE=JasonWatt;93874]All,
I know have hijacked the Hagen thread so I thought I would start another. What is everyone's opinion why this team cannot keep a driver for any amount of time?

I am not sure on why they cannot keep a driver as I do not personally know any of the Owners, Manager, or Mechanics.

As for drivers, I would like to see one of the Gibson County boys driving the car.

Cummins or Cone!

They both are very consistent runners and take care of the car. With Truckers running the majority of the MSCS schedule I think it would be a good fit!

What about Bland, Jr? Does he prefer to run his own stuff or what?[/QUOTE
me and a buddy at work were talking about the same thing the other day at work seems like they go through alot of drivers ...think it would be cheaper on them to just put a a little kids chalk board on the side of the car so when they change drivers they could just erase old drivers name and put new drivers name on it....same bunch of money on decals

3/27/09, 8:29 PM   #3
JasonWatt

[QUOTE=1021gpa;93886]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWatt View Post
All,

Cummins or Cone!

What about Bland, Jr? Does he prefer to run his own stuff or what?[/QUOTE
me and a buddy at work were talking about the same thing the other day at work seems like they go through alot of drivers ...think it would be cheaper on them to just put a a little kids chalk board on the side of the car so when they change drivers they could just erase old drivers name and put new drivers name on it....same bunch of money on decals

That is one way to do it.....

3/27/09, 8:46 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Gee, COttle was't in the Edison car last year, Stanbrough was out of the Fox ride. Theres no mystery to why Drivers seeking championships seek bigger teams (Not saying anything bad about Truckers here)

Truckers runs select races and a couple home tracks for the most part. I think maybe KISS and MSCS which is quite a feet in itself. Also tracks where their sponsor is in their market

The fit might be more comfortable for a driver not seeking "The next level" anymore. One with a full time job. Another driver coming to mind might be Ted Hines. Your seeking a couple track championships, Kiss or MSCS they might be able to get you there. Hagen wants the USAC title and whatever may follow. Nothing wrong with that.

I think its really kinda dissrespectfull of a couple of you to badmouth a mechanic and a team, Why keep it up? Why not help if you have more knowledge? Im watching these teams parking them right and left and a team that states it wishes to run gets critisized?

I don't disslike you for sharing opinions. I just wonder why you don't think they are very good? I've seen the cars run one, two in heats, Top fives and many wins. More than many teams can claim.

Go Truckers!

3/27/09, 8:47 PM   #5
SpfldMile

I'd like to see Mat Neely with a ride.

3/27/09, 8:51 PM   #6
JasonWatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Gee, COttle was't in the Edison car last year, Stanbrough was out of the Fox ride. Theres no mystery to why Drivers seeking championships seek bigger teams (Not saying anything bad about Truckers here)

Truckers runs select races and a couple home tracks for the most part. I think maybe KISS and MSCS which is quite a feet in itself. Also tracks where their sponsor is in their market

The fit might be more comfortable for a driver not seeking "The next level" anymore. One with a full time job. Another driver coming to mind might be Ted Hines. Your seeking a couple track championships, Kiss or MSCS they might be able to get you there. Hagen wants the USAC title and whatever may follow. Nothing wrong with that.

I think its really kinda dissrespectfull of a couple of you to badmouth a mechanic and a team, Why keep it up? Why not help if you have more knowledge? Im watching these teams parking them right and left and a team that states it wishes to run gets critisized?

I don't disslike you for sharing opinions. I just wonder why you don't think they are very good? I've seen the cars run one, two in heats, Top fives and many wins. More than many teams can claim.

Go Truckers!
Charles,
You make some very good points. I have never bashed any Mechanic. I just had some questions concerning T-Mez and Clayton. I think that Teams like Truckers are few and far between these days. I am sure there are a lot people on here who know / understand the ******** of racing better than me. Like I said in the other thread I will support this team no matter who drives and look forward to some racing!

3/27/09, 8:56 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Ok then, Lets just wish them best of luck, That their parts hold up and their pick of drivers work well. Jimmy Light is a good racer who wins by being smart and capitalizing on mistakes and being there at the right moment.

Keep the speculation and suggestions coming. Theres tons of good drivers who are now parked due to numerous situations.

Chuck, Neely was another good pick

3/27/09, 9:26 PM   #8
treecitytornado

I know the answer its their chief mechanic. He is hard to get along with if everything is not his way on the car. Thats why Jon Stanbrough quit!

3/27/09, 9:46 PM   #9
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
i know the answer its their chief mechanic. He is hard to get along with if everything is not his way on the car. Thats why jon stanbrough quit!
jim is just a cat --- nice guy --- known him for years

3/27/09, 11:30 PM   #10
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

How about hunter 100 % havent heard anything for a while

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Truckers #10