IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Three Quarter Midgets
2/2/09, 6:06 PM   #1
Three Quarter Midgets
violin1937

Someone asked for a new thread, here it is. The United Midget Racing Association is starting its 49th season. If they were not devoted, loyal and knew a little something about operating a successful racing organization I doubt they would have lasted over 4 decades. Not to mention being the organization that a few well known drivers have begun their careers. (Derek Sheffel, Jason Leffler, Eddie Carpenter, and oh yes, a gentleman named Tony Stewart). Mr. Stewart still supports the UMRA by owning a very competitive car in the organization he values loyalty and tradition. This time next year I am sure the UMRA will be planning their GOLDEN Anniversary season!! We will have to wait and see if the other club makes it to a 2nd or 3rd season.

2/2/09, 10:01 PM   #2
Re: Three Quarter Midgets
racinmoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by violin1937 View Post
Someone asked for a new thread, here it is. The United Midget Racing Association is starting its 49th season. If they were not devoted, loyal and knew a little something about operating a successful racing organization I doubt they would have lasted over 4 decades. Not to mention being the organization that a few well known drivers have begun their careers. (Derek Sheffel, Jason Leffler, Eddie Carpenter, and oh yes, a gentleman named Tony Stewart). Mr. Stewart still supports the UMRA by owning a very competitive car in the organization he values loyalty and tradition. This time next year I am sure the UMRA will be planning their GOLDEN Anniversary season!! We will have to wait and see if the other club makes it to a 2nd or 3rd season.

:greenflag: Your right the UMRA has a lot of tradition. Back in 1996 this club had 60 cars show up weekly. Now diminished to less than 30 cars. This year will be at about 20 if they're lucky. So for a group going in the right direction :loser: you must not be going to the same races I’ve been at. My opinion is that the UMRA let a team run it into the ground. I have seen this team run off 2 chief stewart because there were penalized for breaking the rules. One of them was one of terry's friends or so he thought. This guy would give you the shirt off his back "O" he did when terry blew up his motor he let him borrow his to get him through the season".

So for your golden anniversary..:applaud:.. You can do a story on a bottle feed champion. Oggie will be named MVP for having the most assist, but it was a close race .:thumb:.. Kevin was right on his hills, but bowed out when he found out it was between him and a Goff, he let him win also. Maybe we can get guest speaker like :angry-smiley-007:Sester, Ambross, Burge, Feirman, Martz, Arrington, Hankins and anyone that has been wronged by the GREAT UMRA. so sorry if I might shed some light on what a great group has be doing for 50 year so they must be doing it right so no one should challenge them.

hopefully we can get some stories about how you have been wronged :icon_smile_blackeyeby the GREAT UMRA thank you very much for your time lets go racing where ever it may be and please be safe doing this.:checkered::applaud:

2/2/09, 10:22 PM   #3
Knoke77

93 through 96 were some of the best years of the UMRA.... a lot sure has changed since then unfortunately.

2/2/09, 10:41 PM   #4
Brewer 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoke77 View Post
93 through 96 were some of the best years of the UMRA.... a lot sure has changed since then unfortunately.
Agreed Jake,,,,,ahhh the good old days.

J.L. Brewer

2/2/09, 10:58 PM   #5
TQ97

Leffler didn't start his career in the UMRA.....he ran USAC WS TQ's.

2/2/09, 11:44 PM   #6
racephoto1

Maybe on the west coast, but I saw him run at Rushville. AJ and Jake, your right, the good old days.

2/3/09, 1:17 AM   #7
violin1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinmoma View Post
:greenflag: Your right the UMRA has a lot of tradition. Back in 1996 this club had 60 cars show up weekly. Now diminished to less than 30 cars. This year will be at about 20 if they're lucky. So for a group going in the right direction :loser: you must not be going to the same races I’ve been at. My opinion is that the UMRA let a team run it into the ground. I have seen this team run off 2 chief stewart because there were penalized for breaking the rules. One of them was one of terry's friends or so he thought. This guy would give you the shirt off his back "O" he did when terry blew up his motor he let him borrow his to get him through the season".

So for your golden anniversary..:applaud:.. You can do a story on a bottle feed champion. Oggie will be named MVP for having the most assist, but it was a close race .:thumb:.. Kevin was right on his hills, but bowed out when he found out it was between him and a Goff, he let him win also. Maybe we can get guest speaker like :angry-smiley-007:Sester, Ambross, Burge, Feirman, Martz, Arrington, Hankins and anyone that has been wronged by the GREAT UMRA. so sorry if I might shed some light on what a great group has be doing for 50 year so they must be doing it right so no one should challenge them.

hopefully we can get some stories about how you have been wronged :icon_smile_blackeyeby the GREAT UMRA thank you very much for your time lets go racing where ever it may be and please be safe doing this.:checkered::applaud:
I know exactly what you are talking about, my question is what will happen this season at the other club when someone does not get their way, or gets crashed and someone gets mad, and it will happen, and there are no green cars to blame? We will see!! To end this thread because I have far to much respect for the UMRA, its traditions, the people that run it successfully and myself, as a person that has spent my entire life around racing of all kinds, to continue to deal with people that refuse to look at the reasons why and ways that the other club is being started. As I said The UMRA will celebrate their Golden anniversary and we will wait to see how long the other club can continue to function. I am sure it will be quite entertaining to real racers. :wink

2/3/09, 1:43 AM   #8
slide22

These 2 series can and should function together. An example would be the mini sprints. AMSA had been around for about 20 years as of last year. The MMSA was started and everyone thought that there would be a huge split and car counts would be terrible. Guess what? they weren't. Guys that were loyal to AMSA ran with them, and others ran MMSA. Most ran both. Both series averaged about 20-24 cars a race which isn't great, but decent, and with some as high as 35. The schedules did not conflict much, and again this year they do not. They can up to 40 races in a season. WOW.

I really don't know much about Tq racing except there is a bunch of ********. some advice to the people of the two series, stop badmouthing the other series. It does no good and just makes you and your organization look like idiots. Keep to yourself, run your own races, and leave it like that. Let the other series worry about their agenda and move on. If you stay out of each others way, then both series can exist together, such as in my example, which in my opinon is just that much better for the racer.

2/3/09, 9:45 AM   #9
tq11

Thats not a very good example to me. Cause just think if there werent two clubs there would be 40 to 50 cars at each race and the racers will have to earn a spot in there features. It didnt work with IRL and Cart and I dont think its gonna work here. But I will agree that the jenmarco people are putting a hell of an effort into it and thats what it takes. I am die hard UMRA because that were I run and grew up watching it, and do feel like the reasons for starting the other club werent the right ones, because I think that your always gonna have a team that no one likes and thinks there cheating cause there winning alot. I dont agree with all the things that have happend in the past in the UMRA but thats why my dad got on the board so maybe we can get some of those things fixed. But as far as all this bashing the goffs Its stupid, As far as im consurned all these people should quite worring so much about them and worry about doing there best and making a name for them selfs. If they would spend as much time in the shop working on there cars as they do bashing on here they probley would be faster on the track. The goffs work there butts off in that shop of theres, Thats why there fast! Ok enough about that, All I know is that Im ready to go racing and hope every body comes out to support the TQ racing in general, cause it is some of the best racing out there.
#11 Brandon Gray

2/3/09, 3:44 PM   #10
TQ97

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
Maybe on the west coast, but I saw him run at Rushville. AJ and Jake, your right, the good old days.
Yes, he ran at Rushville (in 98 or 99 I think), but the statement was that he started his racing career in UMRA.

As for the rest of this stuff.....when is either complete schedule going to be out?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Three Quarter Midgets