IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help - help - help - help!!!!
1/17/09, 9:05 PM   #1
Help - help - help - help!!!!
Melmo

Ok I still got dial up and I'm so tired to messing with it and want high speed but I'm not going to pay a $100 dollars a month for service and 4 to 5 hundred for some kind of box and 3 hundred for hook up. I live out in the county and can't get nothing and tried hughesnet and still it would be over 200 hundred!!!

So all in all can anyone help with something!!!

Thanks

1/17/09, 9:08 PM   #2
Re: Help - help - help - help!!!!
sprinter25

Move.....

1/17/09, 9:12 PM   #3
Jack Dupp

You might try Googling... internet availability in my area
Hopefully some type of high speed will be available at a reasonable price.

Good luck!

1/17/09, 9:30 PM   #4
pletchfan

Melmo we got DSL through At&t for $37.95 a month. Not sure if that stuff applies to Indiana also. I would think At&t would be At&t no matter where you are. We don't live in town either. We also don't even have a home phone. Just a line for the computer.

1/17/09, 9:42 PM   #5
ephatch02

Quote:
Originally Posted by pletchfan View Post
Melmo we got DSL through At&t for $37.95 a month. Not sure if that stuff applies to Indiana also. I would think At&t would be At&t no matter where you are. We don't live in town either. We also don't even have a home phone. Just a line for the computer.
I got one of the verizon usb broadband for when I travel, the speed is pretty good. I used it last night to listen to the races. It's like $70 a month.

1/17/09, 9:44 PM   #6
Redwood17257

If you have cable you might check with the provider and see what they offer speed wise and price wise. You could probably package the cable/internet for a cheaper price than separately.

1/17/09, 10:17 PM   #7
Fisher79

Melmo I live out in Center, close to Taylor High School and we have AT&T UVerse. It's digital cable and high-speed internet, and it runs right at $100 a month. The TV signal comes in over Cat 5, not standard coax, so the install job is usually a 2 or 3 hour affair (doesn't cost any extra.) The internet runs through an AT&T-provided wireless router that any newer laptop can catch, and if you don't have a laptop they give you a USB antenna to plug into your desktop to catch the signal. The cable service is excellent, the on-screen guide is easy to use and the DVR holds a ton of shows. It also offers on-demand movies and such. I think the areas it's available are still a little spotty, but if we can get it out here I'd guess you could too. I highly recommend it.

1/17/09, 10:18 PM   #8
Seadog

If you have satellite or cable TV, check with them. The often offer DSL.

Some land line phone companies have high speed internet.

I have high speed internet from my utility company in Cincinnati (Duke Energy). It comes right over the power lines by plugging in a free modem into a regular electric wall outlet. Not wide spread availability, but you can see here if you can get it. http://www.current.net/ I have gotten it here for several years now for $20/month. It is reliable and fast for me.

You can also surf the net for other ISP's in your area.

Good luck.

1/18/09, 1:27 AM   #9
Melmo

I've tried ATT and all the cable company's and nothing!!! seadog what you got is for OH only!! Guess I'll have to keep trying!!!

1/18/09, 1:34 AM   #10
Shawn

I also live in the "country", but in East Central Indiana. We use Omnicity, which I believe specializes in these types (rural) of areas. Give them a call, or send them an email. If they're not in your area, they might head your way! I mean, after all, it's worth a shot...

www.omnicity.net

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help - help - help - help!!!!