IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mini indy votes down usac
11/15/08, 4:58 PM   #1
Mini indy votes down usac
harry123

Just left the meeting USAC never had a chance. Mini Indy stays with QMA.:checkered:

http://quartermidgets.org/Article_View_Page.asp?ID=1077

Possible events at the Speedrome:checkered::checkered::greenflag::greenfl ag:

11/15/08, 8:35 PM   #2
Re: Mini indy votes down usac
Hubie

Wow, hope they can survive :thumb

11/15/08, 9:08 PM   #3
Eric C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
Wow, hope they can survive :thumb
Mini Indy will survive just fine, I am more interested in what this says about peoples perception of USAC, that the club that is in their backyard would vote NOT to join USAC.

What does this tell other clubs that may be waiting to see what MINI-INDY does???

Mini-Indy throughout the years has always been the premier club in Region 4, it has always been one of the largest clubs in QMA.

In 2003 Mini-Indy hosted the largest Grand National Event in QMA history with over 1000 entries.

It is the fastest high banked track in all of QMA.

It is the track that drivers from other clubs always looked forword to coming to because it is like no other.

Mini-Indy will be just Fine

Eric Cottongim

Mini-Indy past president

11/16/08, 12:30 AM   #4
ColtsFan

Just to give you a different perspective of the actual meeting from a non-die hard QMA supporter, this was a circus. The vote was actually much closer than what is perseived. The club is still basically divided in two. There were many members that showed up with multi proxy votes that in itself is shady. Obviously they had cohearsed or worked out deals to get their votes. Mini Indy leadership did not sell the USAC advantages until the last minute; too little, too late. The QMA diehards did a better job of selling their point of view. It should get interesting over the winter, if USAC will start a new rival club in Indy? Another mention was that the name Mini Indy belongs to Tony George. It is known that USACs big national quarter midget event will be Gasoline Alley and to participate you must attend a number of qualifying USAC races. The fair grounds only has the track with a one year lease, no guarantees for the future. I would rather have USAC hel to try to relocate, what would QMA do? The loyal QMA members did have to return home and inform their drivers, the kids, that there is no longer a States race with Kokomo and that they will not be able to run at Gasoline Alley since the parents dislike USAC so much. The kids are now limited to four QMA tracks in region 4. Dual membership would have given the kids so many more obortunities to race with so much more exposure. I wonder who actually did win the vote? Did the kids gain anything?
Last edited by ColtsFan; 11/16/08 at 12:54 AM.

11/16/08, 3:25 AM   #5
Sprint28j

I think USAC not being voted for in Indy shows, Mini Indy is not made up of a bunch of NAPCAR fans turned qm racers. If you ask most die hard open wheel fans, owners, drivers if USAC has helped short track racing since 1978 most will tell you NO. With that being said the real qm racers, not the novices who have been told how USAC will give their kid the keys to NAPCAR glory, voices were heard on SAT.

I have a deep love of all forms of motorsports, open wheel type racing is a addiction that I will never go to rehab for, I bleed qm racing so I at first when the USAC name was being talked about I was happy, Then I started to hear about USAC from people who still can't tell me what U S A C stands for. That is when I knew it wasn't a good thing for qm type racing.

The people that were doing USAC PR at qm races this past year, are the same folks who have by the own agenda hurt their home clubs. I wish the Kokomo, Miami Valley, Toledo, and West Liberty qm clubs luck in staying alive. I don't know the exact numbers but those clubs didn't exactly have large car counts after their club Presidents started down the USAC path.

USAC recent history with the ford focus, new silver crown car, and Hoosier tire relationship have also not helped with their qm take over.

11/16/08, 12:59 PM   #6
Roger Hughes

ANOTHER HOME RUN FOR USAC!:thumb

11/16/08, 3:39 PM   #7
tqracer65

Having raced at Mini Indy for ten years, I got to see a lot bore crap go on than goes on in the bigger leagues of racing. As for wether the kids got any advantage either way, I doubt it. The kids probably werent even thought about. I went to a few meetings with my parents they always seemed to be a lot of adults trying to start stuff and not really get much accomplished. Hopefully one of the organizations takes control of the parents that think there kid is better than the rest and start crap over nothing. I know this was getting bad when my family got out of it and it really sucks. Quarter midgets are a great way for a family to have fun together and hopefully it returns to that even more.
Just my opinion though.
Brad Wilson

11/16/08, 5:09 PM   #8
sagerace

I just want to provide those that are questioning the vote the facts.

The meeting at Mini Indy was structured in a professional way. All members were notified of the meeting and its importance. It was stressed to each individual, on the notice, that could not attend to provide a proxy to an attending member. This special meeting was called by the membership where 51% of the membership had to be present in person or by proxy to constitute a quarom (valid meeting). Each member had to register (verifying that you are member in good standing), themselves and proxies, with the ******** committee at the door to receive their ballots. No new memberships were allowed the right to vote if they were not a member at the time of the initial vote.

There were a total of 75 votes total, 52 members in person, and 23 proxies.

The first vote:
Is the original vote (QMA or USAC) valid?

48 Yes
27 No

Thus, resulting that our club will be QMA sanctioned.

The second vote:
Move for CIQMA to dual charter with QMA and USAC?

51 No
24 Yes

Obviously there were proxies for both sides. However, even if all proxies would have been for 100% QMA it still would not have passed (28 No 24 Yes).

It is unfortunate that this is taking place for the sport of Quarter Midgets. The members listened to the issues, voted, and now the Mini Indy family will move on.
Last edited by sagerace; 11/16/08 at 6:00 PM. Reason: To add name. Heather Thomas

11/16/08, 6:15 PM   #9
DonMoore10

This is just amazing and never stops. Why is the United States Auto Club chasing quarter midgets ( or is it .25 midgets????? ***) instead of solving the multitude of problems and issues with their already established racing divisions? I don't get it.

11/16/08, 6:26 PM   #10
Stagger

I will just go ahead and say it.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mini indy votes down usac