IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Justin Harper Rumbles through Fort Wayne with Determination
1/7/19, 6:27 PM   #1
Justin Harper Rumbles through Fort Wayne with Determination
JessicaJ

Race Count This Year: 12+
Race Count Last Year: 7

DENVER, IN – Coming off a top five finish in 2017, Justin Harper returned to the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum for the 21st annual Rumble in Fort Wayne. Making his fourth appearance in the popular post-Christmas indoor pavement show, Harper stepped away from his familiar #35 non-wing micro to climb behind the wheel of the #49 previously driven by Russ Gamester.

Taking to the track for qualifying amidst a strong field of 600s, Harper placed third quick to start night one off with a bang. That high note looked to be continuing when he zipped past a few competitors in half a lap during heat two to claim third. However, just as he was about to pounce on the runner-up position, the white and black #49's engine grenaded in a plume of smoke. Undeterred, the family-owned team pulled out their #35 micro and immediately set to work making it race ready. With no practice time on the car, Harper started on the tail of the first B main. Needing to finish top two, the Denver, IN native fired off strong and wasted no time, steadily passing cars to move into the top three. A brief yellow brought him back to the bumper of the leaders and when the green waved once more the red #35 rocketed into second place. Climbing into the lead as a final caution flew with a few laps remaining, another competitor snuck by for the consi win, but the determined racer captured the final transfer spot. Starting from the final row in the feature, Harper marched consistently up to eighth within the first ten laps before contact from another competitor tore the front end up enough to knock him out of the race and into an eleventh place finish.

Heading home to diagnose the resulting damage, the TCJ Racing team opted not to bring the car back for a second night of racing. Still, it was a valiant effort against all odds and the driver proved the car's speed had remained from 2017. Frustrated but attempting to stay upbeat, Harper expounded, "It's not one of my favorite [Rumbles], but when the car was running good, we were running. It was just bad luck. It always happens to everyone now and again. I'd like to thank GRP Chassis, RG Mobile Home Supplies, Short Order Shirts and a big thanks to George & Tammy Gamester and Russ Gamester, they helped us a lot. So did my grandparents, my mom, dad and Nathan."

To keep up with when and where Justin Harper plans to race in 2019, give him a like on his TCJ Racing Facebook page.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

JessicaJ Media serves upcoming and experienced racers through press releases, photos, hero cards and more. Growing up in Illinois before moving to Indianapolis, Jessica is passionate about motorsports and giving those in the short track community a way to have their story told. She also has multiple articles published in Flat Out Magazine and can be found at a track most weekends.
Attached Images
2018-12 Rumble 3153 400x428.jpg (171.6 KB, 17 views)

2 members like this post: 1modracer, i love dirt track racing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Justin Harper Rumbles through Fort Wayne with Determination