IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac/ts/tracks
10/5/18, 11:13 AM   #1
Usac/ts/tracks
Big Willy

Please do not get so caught up in Tony and his actions with USAC/ASCoC to not also lay blame at the feet of the "cronies" who are also complicit in this matter. The initial meeting (ambush) was attended not only by TS and USAC but also representatives of Lawrenceburg and Kokomo speedways. I suggest you not just air your disapproval on message boards but especially with your wallets. Letting these tracks get by with this without holding them accountable is akin to approving their actions. The only true way to express disdain for their actions is to refrain from patronizing their businesses...

8 members like this post: 3R, bighd0522, captrat, Dffuchs12, ISF, jim goerge, Midget98, Rpracing1
10/5/18, 1:21 PM   #2
PAW

I've been wondering why or how Kokomo Speedway in Lawrenceburg Speedway even got involved in this mess?

3 members like this post: Dffuchs12, Eatin Dirt, oppweld
10/5/18, 5:10 PM   #3
Re: Usac/ts/tracks
kb78

If I Hadn't heard RB complain about a track numerous times it might change my perspective. If I thought this was really about safety it would help as well. My opinion for what it's worth is that Ballou was upset that he started on the front row of the feature and all he got to see was Courtney and Grant's tailtanks get smaller and smaller. He never got ahold of the track and he's upset about it. He wants a track that he's fast on and he'll complain if he doesn't get it. I knew when he hit the wall that it was gonna be somebody else's fault.
As far as Smoke goes; he's always been immature hasn't he? I think he went way overboard in this situation but his reaction does not surprise me in the least. I never liked Smoke because he was a nice guy or even approachable, I like and appreciate Tony for everything he has done to help racing in our area.
RB ran his mouth on social media and now is paying a price, whether it is an appropriate penalty is not mine to decide. USAC is my favorite sanctioning body for the competition and the format and I will continue to attend USAC events whenever I can. Eldora, Kokomo, and Lawrenceburg, are three of my favorite tracks to watch all kinds of racing on and will continue to be going forward. If hope Ballou returns to USAC competition next year, but I will enjoy the races with or without him. I hope all of you continue to support your local tracks as well, but if you choose not to, I will enjoy the extra elbow room.

10/5/18, 5:19 PM   #4
captrat

The punishment of Ballou makes one wonder, what next thought police?

1 member likes this post: Can26
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac/ts/tracks