IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl Ear Worm and Questions
10/31/17, 1:50 PM   #1
Chili Bowl Ear Worm and Questions
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

So one thought. If anyone somehow ends up with an extra single Chili Bowl ticket for each night on one of the straights I could be interested.

But just a couple general questions to the veteran's. How fair away do you stay during race week; and how much are hotel rooms? I have to imagine anything very close would be hard to get into and pretty expensive anymore.

If you fly where do you usually fly into?

Anyone have any fun traditions associated with the event?

Does anyone know if they have an official wait list set up so you can maybe actually get tickets of your own if you're lucky... in about 10-20 years?
Last edited by brsteg; 10/31/17 at 1:58 PM.

1 member likes this post: OnTheHammer
10/31/17, 7:36 PM   #2
addictedtodirt

I have had good luck in past years getting a ticlet via this board. Usually aroundmid Nov. a few tickets can be found, but they go quick. Last year I bought different seats the first few nights right out front of the Expo. It seems someone always has a group member that didn't make the trip at the last minute. Cash is king and always works! If I were to strike out on a seat I could always get a pit pass. Looking for a single seat shouldn't be too difficult until you get to Friday and Saturday.
As for hotels, you'll be driving to and from as nothing is close to the Expo. . Getting a room isn't difficult. I got one for under a hundred a night last year and just showed up on Sunday night before the Monday practice with no reservation as everything came together way late.

10/31/17, 8:14 PM   #3
Kansasdirtfan

You might also begin checking the Tulsa Craigslist postings under "Tickets." There's already a post for all 5 nights, but it's in the turn 3 - 4 section. Incidentally, there's no reserved seating on the backstretch, only first come first served pit pass holders. But get there early, especially for that small section in turn 3. And especially Friday & Saturday.

1 member likes this post: rachasin
11/1/17, 1:05 PM   #4
Chili Bowl Ear Worm and Questions??..
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

FLY into Tulsa..just got $99. ea. way (Phx) SWA!!.. Its all good, fairly simple, easy!!..been doin it for years!!..never had my own Tix..just getm out front, always has been endless supply!!..or Pit Pass!!..last yr got $20. tix both Thurs. & Fri..(Barter).Hotels close as few miles!!..mine by Airport this yr..$36. nite..check Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, ect...same 4 Cars plus CaRRentals.com or by Vender!!..all bout doin ur Research..stil lota time!!..go 4 it, once you've been there, you wont wanna miss it!!..

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
11/2/17, 8:58 PM   #5
Re: Chili Bowl Ear Worm and Questions
gtownplowboy

I got on the list last year for seats and got 4 together for this year.. dont know if I was lucky or what, but it is worth a try. Good luck.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
11/5/17, 11:10 AM   #6
Dirteater

This will be my 4th consecutive year. I planned a year ahead & got on the list. Got lucky to get all 4 together in turn 3 (next to top row). You can always find Tix on here or other boards like hoseheads. Or go the scalping rout. Hotels are reasonably priced with in 20min drive of Expo. Price depends on what you expect out of a hotel/motel. We’ve flown into Tulsa & OKC, both are nice small airports. Just have to find your rental car deal. Food wise, Burn Co. BBQ IS A MUST!!! So is Fat Guys Burger Bar (3 locations now I believe now) good place to fill your gut.
Last edited by Dirteater; 11/5/17 at 11:11 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl Ear Worm and Questions