IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Bill hill passes
10/3/17, 7:30 PM   #1
Usac: Bill hill passes
admin

10/3/17 6:57 PM BILL HILL PASSES

http://usacracing.com/news/silver-cr...ll-hill-passes

BILL HILL PASSES

The auto racing fraternity lost one of its most ardent supporters today with the death of Bill Hill in Little Rock, Ark. Hill, who served a short stint as USAC's National Midget Series publicity representative in the early 1970s, was one of the sport's most meticulous historians. He officiated a myriad of events, served as chief announcer at numerous racing facilities, worked in motorsports insurance, and as a Denver-area motorsports authority, had published motorsports chronicles. His involvement in the sport was as extensive as anyone in history and in 1995 he was inducted into the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame and he was also a member of the National Midget Hall of Fame. In 2007 he was inducted into the Colorado Motorsports Hall of Fame. USAC extends its condolences to his wife Ruby and his many, many auto racing friends.

10/4/17, 10:03 PM   #2
Blacki-Suede

I remember Bill Hill from my Lawrenceburg days (late 70's early 80's). Writer, announcer, public relations, and all around good guy. RIP

1 member likes this post: erich45
10/4/17, 11:05 PM   #3
openwheelfan1

I got to meet Bill when he worked with Don Smith at Terre Haute. A very nice man who was a very good promoter, among his many other talents. RIP.

10/5/17, 9:12 PM   #4
Re: Usac: Bill hill passes
bart

Bill was a very good man. A couple years ago I stopped in to see him and Ruby in N. Little Rock. We had a great evening and he took me to his favorite restaurant the Whole Hog Cafe.

He was a wealth of knowledge. It is tough losing these guys that were there and participated in the things some of us just dream about.

Bart

1 member likes this post: erich45
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Bill hill passes