IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City / OConnors
7/9/16, 10:53 AM   #21
Re: Gas City / OConnors
Will Shunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
Sometimes an event outgrows a facility. It might be that Indiana Sprintweek has become too big for the facility at Gas City.Concessions, Rest Rooms, and grandstands, are all issues.You have to have the infrastrcture to host a major event.All the other facilities on the schedule can handle major crowds.How about running twice somewhere or finding a new venue. I am sure everyone has some ideas.
I love GC and Kokomo as well as the O'Connors. David may be on to something here. Get IOW to trash GC for lack of facilities, food, etc. Shut it down. Now we can add the "Dirt Track @ IMS" to Sprintweek. I am sure IMS will let you put blankets down, buy a ticket for $35, a hot dog for $6, beer for $8, and maybe give you a concert, too. What a race last night at Gas City! RIP.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, jim goerge, PIT CART
7/9/16, 11:02 AM   #22
k41l

Wow!! I was expecting to read about a crappy track surface or dust bowl but freaking blankets and chairs. I think 23rd to 1st finish should have made up for your blanky. I for one am sick of all the "reserved" seats with blankets and chairs. Take a look at how many people spread their crap out and take up way more room than they need. The nerve of the promotors to try and maximize their limited space and make a profit! Rant about rant over have fun at waynesfield with your precious blankets I'm going to Kokomo

7/9/16, 11:12 AM   #23
david mitchell
Banned

Area Auto Racing News rated Gas City and Kokomo as unfriendly fan experiences during Midgetweek. Unbiased East Coast racing Publication.It rated all facilities. L-burg scored highest.

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, spicoli
7/9/16, 11:14 AM   #24
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by k41l View Post
Wow!! I was expecting to read about a crappy track surface or dust bowl but freaking blankets and chairs. I think 23rd to 1st finish should have made up for your blanky. I for one am sick of all the "reserved" seats with blankets and chairs. Take a look at how many people spread their crap out and take up way more room than they need. The nerve of the promotors to try and maximize their limited space and make a profit! Rant about rant over have fun at waynesfield with your precious blankets I'm going to Kokomo
I think you missed the point. It isn't about pulling up blankets, it's about the manner in which it was done and the change of policy without communicating it to the customers.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, jim goerge, mowerman, wildman92
7/9/16, 11:15 AM   #25
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Area Auto Racing News rated Gas City and Kokomo as unfriendly fan experiences during Midgetweek. Unbiased East Coast racing Publication.It rated all facilities. L-burg scored highest.
I don't know about Area Racing News, but I find the racing at Kokomo to be EXTREMELY 'n FAN FRIENDLY!!!!

Winston Churchill

7/9/16, 11:17 AM   #26
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Jen is far from a negative person and IMHO is 100% right.
The old problem was weekly fans leaving plastic taped and not showing up for the events. Created a real headache getting everyone a seat and many weren't taken and people either were left standing, sat in the pits or left.

I don't see why if you were going to leave the gates open, You didn't have the stands cleared prior to race day, That way you know all the marked seats are people who are actually there..

I see it as nothing more than constructive criticism to say to the best of our knowledge its first come, first serve. (Nothing posted till afterward) and they cleaned us out.

Kokomo keeps the gates closed, stands are cleared before opening and all gates open same time, People sometimes line their blankets in a line and go back to their camper or whatever so they'll have their place in line at ticket sales opening.

It's a complaint and I see also see why IOW is sometimes blamed as being negative, Most tracks have a email, phone # or if you know them can make the complaint in person. But it's easy to post your experience here.

Lots of us are friends, Many of us don't know each other and chat here with the hopes of meeting each other sometime at the track.

BUT TO A SITE VISITOR? It may be seen as GAS CITY IS TERRIBLE.THE RESTROOMS SUCK, CONCESSIONS SUCK, THE STANDS SUCK and THE SEATING POLICY SUCKS......................

Most of that hasn't been my experience at all IN MANY VISITS, But some of it has ON OCCASION ususally not all at once, Concessions low one visit but not all. Bathroom at GC I never waited more than five minutes. ever, Not sure on the ladies.

So I see this as a Legit complaint to be consistent with a policy and that's it. GC was always first come, first serve and if it wasn't going to be. It should have been posted long before 2 on raceday.

From what I hear the show was outstanding, amost last to first.
GO TO THE TRACK FOR THE MEMORIES, IF IT WAS MORE BAD THAN GOOD, DON'T GO BACK. DON'T LET ANYONE MAKE THAT DECISION FOR YOU, BUT YOU!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/9/16, 11:23 AM   #27
cleatziff

Quote:
Didn't Lawrenceburg rain out during midget week?

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jim Gardner, jim goerge, Nate, opnwhlmnd
7/9/16, 11:34 AM   #28
david mitchell
Banned

Midget week ratings were from last year, and included cooler policy, concession policy, and just the overall fan experience. All tracks rated favorably except Gas City and Kokomo.

7/9/16, 11:59 AM   #29
racefan20

Quote:
How is this for an idea. Monday night off. Then Terre Haute for two nights. Tuesday and Wednesday. The fairboard and Mr. Sargeant would have to be agreeable to this .There is a risk reward to this . A Sprintweek crowd means major income,but you have to factor in the weather and what could happen. A half mile, Terre Haute, a fan friendly facility which allows you to bring in coolers, concessions, and alcohol if you wish. Can we do it this week.
Pretty sure the fair is on next week at Terre Haute doubt you are going to get a second night during the fair.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, jim goerge
7/9/16, 12:03 PM   #30
LEADERS EDGE

Easy way to solve it.....Offer reserved seating options for $10 more a ticket. Small premium to pay to get the seats you want.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City / OConnors