IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Usac/mscs “haubstadt hustler” saturday at tri-state
9/8/14, 3:00 PM   #1
Usac: Usac/mscs “haubstadt hustler” saturday at tri-state
admin

9/8/14 2:22 PM USAC/MSCS “HAUBSTADT HUSTLER” SATURDAY AT TRI-STATE

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...y-at-tri-state

USAC/MSCS “HAUBSTADT HUSTLER” SATURDAY AT TRI-STATE

This Saturday night’s “Haubstadt Hustler” at Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, Ind. features the stars of both the AMSOIL USAC National Sprint Car series and the MSCS series.

The race will feature the ongoing battle for supremacy between drivers Dave Darland, Brady Bacon, Bryan Clauson and Jon Stanbrough who are separated by less than 100 points in the National standings. Darland’s lead over Bacon is just five points, while Clauson sits 40 out of the lead and Stanbrough is 92 back. A total of 60 points are available at Haubstadt.

Darland is eager to extend his all-time USAC National Sprint Car victory record of 53 while Bacon, Clauson and Stanbrough will all be out to repeat earlier 2014 feature victories. Stanbrough and Clauson have four wins this season to Bacon’s two while Darland is the leader with six.

Kevin Thomas Jr. is the defending “Haubstadt Hustler” champion, while Darland is the only one of the four point leaders who was not among last year’s “top-10” in this race.

9/8/14, 3:16 PM   #2
Re: Usac: Usac/mscs “haubstadt hustler” saturday at tri-stat
retired14

I have had this one on the calendar since the schedules came out the first of the year. It is one of, if not the best, sprint car events you can ever wish to see. If you saw the race two years ago between Clayton and Larson, how could you ever forget it? One of the two best sprint car races I have ever seen, and I have been going to them since dad started dragging me around to them in 49. The weather is supposed to be great, the field will be star studded, you know the track will be in excellent shape, and the excitement will be in the air. Come on out folks, and see what sprint car racing is supposed to be!! See you there.

3 members like this post: Flatrightrear, racenut69, rdzsprint
9/8/14, 3:20 PM   #3
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
9/8/14 2:22 PM USAC/MSCS “HAUBSTADT HUSTLER” SATURDAY AT TRI-STATE

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...y-at-tri-state

USAC/MSCS “HAUBSTADT HUSTLER” SATURDAY AT TRI-STATE

This Saturday night’s “Haubstadt Hustler” at Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, Ind. features the stars of both the AMSOIL USAC National Sprint Car series and the MSCS series.

The race will feature the ongoing battle for supremacy between drivers Dave Darland, Brady Bacon, Bryan Clauson and Jon Stanbrough who are separated by less than 100 points in the National standings. Darland’s lead over Bacon is just five points, while Clauson sits 40 out of the lead and Stanbrough is 92 back. A total of 60 points are available at Haubstadt.

Darland is eager to extend his all-time USAC National Sprint Car victory record of 53 while Bacon, Clauson and Stanbrough will all be out to repeat earlier 2014 feature victories. Stanbrough and Clauson have four wins this season to Bacon’s two while Darland is the leader with six.

Kevin Thomas Jr. is the defending “Haubstadt Hustler” champion, while Darland is the only one of the four point leaders who was not among last year’s “top-10” in this race.

Only problem is they all get 60 USAC points .

9/8/14, 3:34 PM   #4
Kirk Spridgeon

No, they don't. If you read the article, 60 points are available as just the feature will earn points. Same as last year.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, rclaridge, Sandy Lowe
9/8/14, 4:26 PM   #5
rclaridge

If I see a great race I don't care about points,I'll let the teams worry about that!

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
9/8/14, 4:55 PM   #6
dshort36

Ill go out on a limb and predict that we will have a winner who is not one of the top 4 in usac points..

9/8/14, 6:47 PM   #7
racenut69

Cowboy Up!

1 member likes this post: mc/rider
9/8/14, 9:05 PM   #8
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
No, they don't. If you read the article, 60 points are available as just the feature will earn points. Same as last year.
So basically feature points will be the same as usual?

9/8/14, 9:33 PM   #9
i love dirt track racing

Go madman. He will be fun to watch.

9/9/14, 6:05 AM   #10
BrentTFunk

I don't understand why they don't qualify. Tri State does it real fast, and I think it makes for a better show.

6 members like this post: Koonzee, mowerman, PAW, retired14, ROSS, SHORTBUS
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Usac/mscs “haubstadt hustler” saturday at tri-state