IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Revcon Arms on Dirt
9/8/14, 4:54 PM   #1
Revcon Arms on Dirt
PatrickMead#13

Has anyone tried this before? I have a pavement chassis and was weighing the pros and cons of trying this. This car is for someone out to have fun and not set the world on fire......

Or just have it converted over. It has a huge cockpit and this is why I'm leaning to use it as the driver is what I will say, robust.....😊 Thanks

9/8/14, 11:40 PM   #2
Re: Revcon Arms on Dirt
DAD

Patrick

The pavement chassis probably has different heights for suspension mounting points, so that they can be set up lower to the ground. Raising the car will screw up the angle of your radius rods and probably be a little tippy. Is it set up for Jacobs ladder or Panhard bar?

NOW that being said >>>>>put in an 18 inch seat an on board oxygen system and maybe A/C and I would be glad to shake it down for
you.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: PatrickMead#13
9/9/14, 12:05 AM   #3
PatrickMead#13

Panhard bar setup. I'm a pipefitter by trade so I'm sure I could fabricate an onboard oxygen delivery system and it will already have a 18" seat so..... 😁

I'm gonna set it next to my shortened beast dirt chassis and see how different the pick up points are.

1 member likes this post: DAD
9/9/14, 12:09 AM   #4
Re: Revcon Arms on Dirt
lazyifoto

Turn it into a street rod....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Revcon Arms on Dirt