IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute infield coolers
4/1/23, 2:28 PM   #31
Vookie

If I decide to attend the USAC Silver Crown race in a couple of weeks, does THAT have valet parking?

4/1/23, 3:56 PM   #32
Re: Terre Haute infield coolers
progressive22

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Is it going to make any difference wether you are going to come or not? Do you go to Kokomo? You cant bring in ANYTHING there so why is it a big deal here.
Guy asked a simple question and people turn it into something else. This cooler issue should of been one of the first things the new promoter addressed since it was a big issue last year. Not be vague and just say coolers are allowed in infield. If addressed correctly the question wouldn't need to be asked.

4/1/23, 5:51 PM   #33
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
Can I bring a grill into the grandstand?
Yes, bigger the better, and I must taste test all smoking before being approved.

4/1/23, 7:00 PM   #34
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
If I decide to attend the USAC Silver Crown race in a couple of weeks, does THAT have valet parking?

VAL at the gate says she will LET you park anywhere.

1 member likes this post: RacinBabe
4/2/23, 11:24 AM   #35
JDK222

In my opinion there is no reason a racetrack should ever charge more than $1.00 for water. It’s more of a courtesy than anything for your fans. They still are probably making .75 cents on every bottle. Fair for everyone. When I go to a track and see $3.00 for a water I just shake my head and say to myself the really don’t want people to come out.

4/2/23, 11:45 AM   #36
flagboy55

Jason, I never looked at it that way but you make a great point. I can buy a 40 pack of water at Costco for $4. They can too. Quick math says that’s 10 cents a bottle. I know they need to make money, and we need them to, but I agree with you, definitely gouging above a dollar

1 member likes this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J
4/2/23, 12:17 PM   #37
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK222 View Post
In my opinion there is no reason a racetrack should ever charge more than $1.00 for water. It’s more of a courtesy than anything for your fans. They still are probably making .75 cents on every bottle. Fair for everyone. When I go to a track and see $3.00 for a water I just shake my head and say to myself the really don’t want people to come out.
Thats how I feel & I plead guilty to sneaking H2O into Kokomo (got caught sometimes & sometimes not) I can also understand that the track wants to make $....I guess I just inherited my Depression Era parents "frugality"....
What I wanna know is since the tracks don't sell herb, when are they gonna let people bring in bongs? No competition....
Its legal in 21 states now....
Last edited by revjimk; 4/2/23 at 12:22 PM.

4/2/23, 12:49 PM   #38
RacingFan52

Race Count This Year: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Thats how I feel & I plead guilty to sneaking H2O into Kokomo (got caught sometimes & sometimes not) I can also understand that the track wants to make $....I guess I just inherited my Depression Era parents "frugality"....
What I wanna know is since the tracks don't sell herb, when are they gonna let people bring in bongs? No competition....
Its legal in 21 states now....
The $1 water sounds good but if the track has a contract with Coca Cola or Pepsi, they probably have to sell the bottler's water, and the bottlers charge the same for their branded water like "Aquafina" as they do for the soft drinks. So in this case, the track is not making a killing.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, erich45, flagboy55, jdull99, Sandy Lowe
4/2/23, 1:00 PM   #39
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

How about a Hot Tub, I mean at these prices, Why not? Would be nice after my three and a half hour drive and before heading home

4/2/23, 1:35 PM   #40
JDK222

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingFan52 View Post
The $1 water sounds good but if the track has a contract with Coca Cola or Pepsi, they probably have to sell the bottler's water, and the bottlers charge the same for their branded water like "Aquafina" as they do for the soft drinks. So in this case, the track is not making a killing.
Not sure where in my post I said they were making a “killing” off of water?????? You missed the entire point of my post. It’s called a loss leader in business. I’m guessing you don’t own a business. I will go slow for you here. You expect to lose money in one area to make it back in another. Example say I actually give it away for free as a courtesy I expect to make it back on other products or in the future I expect to sell more tickets. Holliday World does this, free sunscreen and soft drinks. Why do you think they do that? Because it’s a courtesy to their customers and they expect to make it back in other revenue streams. Your other point was that they have contracts and have to sell certain companies, ok still doesn’t mean they can’t give it away. I just called a top promoter to verify this and he confirmed there is no minimum pricing you can give it away if you want.
Last edited by JDK222; 4/2/23 at 1:36 PM.

2 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, flagboy55
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute infield coolers