IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > D.A. And FBI
12/17/14, 7:26 PM   #21
Re: D.A. And FBI
Nate

Just an opinion here but lets try to keep focused on things pertinent to IOW and not argue about subjects having to do with whatever # amendment right or a Ferguson type situation. Not trying to start beef with anyone ya'll are welcome to argue about what ever, but just remember what this site is for. The original post had at least some relation to the open wheel community but some of this stuff...ehh

6 members like this post: bigq11, Charles Nungester, jjones752, mc/rider, Mrs G, rclaridge
12/17/14, 7:28 PM   #22
SPD 37

Not exactly a lot ? Tell that to the friends, families, and loved ones of those 110 killed!!

I agree, there are some bad officers, but there's bad people in a lot of different jobs.

3 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, racer5c, the_77H
12/17/14, 7:30 PM   #23
sprntr

Not exactly a lot WEEKLY as you claimed.

12/17/14, 7:56 PM   #24
IndySprintCar

The problem isn't LEO's. The problem is there are too many damn laws.

12/17/14, 8:14 PM   #25
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlamb View Post
Hey Charles I've had no searches or seizures against me…prolly because I'm a law abiding citizen? If I did have…I certainly believe the authorities are not obligated to tell everyone why. If you play by the rules you won't have any problems. I applaud the police for what they do.
My dad was a Officer. I got every respect. Im a law abieder as well. But getting audited 4 times in the last five years over one $30 mistake in taxes is IMHO harassment.

I wasn't talking about Police, I was talking Govt agencies. 99.8 percent of the Police are trying to do the job the best they can and Id prefer they didn't have to walk on pins and needles to do that job and protect themselves if needed..
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/17/14 at 8:18 PM.

3 members like this post: davidm, mc/rider, PJ Wright
12/17/14, 9:03 PM   #26

I'm working late and was reading this before I went home. It got me curious. A quick Google search revealed that according to the FBI, 49,851 police officers were assulted in 2013. 29.2% of these (or 14,556 officers)were injured. Or almost 40 a day.
I've run Eldora, Winchester and Salem. I'm too big of a wimp to be a cop.

Tom Paterson

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > D.A. And FBI