IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > duquion 9-29
3/29/14, 9:11 PM   #1
duquion 9-29
jcracing96

Very unhappy with the way they have dragged this race out all day without the car counts. People in duquion wasn't even aware of it going on. People at the track is very displeased!!!!

3/29/14, 11:20 PM   #2
Re: duquion 9-29
RoyaltonMiniSprint

I know just got home from the all day marathon; that's how they run the go kart races that they promote. Hopefully they'll learn from today and next time make it better!!!

3/30/14, 12:28 AM   #3
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcracing96 View Post
Very unhappy with the way they have dragged this race out all day without the car counts. People in duquion wasn't even aware of it going on. People at the track is very displeased!!!!
JC

Posted from my palatial accommodations at the beautiful Motel Super 8 in DuQuoin Il.

We drove 250 miles to race at the Magic Mini Mile and had a ball. got to meet a few IOW people there Whom I have only met in posts here. This race has been a long time coming, several years to be exact. We used the spare time to overhall our race car and visit with fellow racers and even inspect a beautiful mini sprint nearing compleation at the home of a fellow racer that lives just miles from the DuQuoin center.

. My disappointment was the lack of car count. I can guarantee the bunch of racers that showed up were top notch, but there were a bunch of top notch cars that were noticeable absent. Imagine if they had set up for a one day deal and 100+ mini sprints showed to race when would they have time to run the J through B mains? It would not be good to advertise a two day show snd then say well the car count is not what we expected so lets call a day off. You advertising would be deceitful ans subject to all types of other problems..

This race has the markings of a true mini sprint national race. All we have to do is support it a little more. When and if it becomes a yearly race from what I saw this weekend Mr Nace has the people and knowledge to make it happen.

We had 19 cars show up and I can guarantee it was some tuff racing going on. I would like the track back in it's original lay out, a little more oval with two straights and two hair pin turns. We use data aquisition with a map and this thing maps out a big circle and that makes it hard to pass on the straights if you have no straights to pass on. I think the same would hold true for the Midgets.

The race results are posted on: http://www.stevenaceracing.com/Race%...%20results.htm

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 3/31/14 at 9:21 AM.

1 member likes this post: chance2195
3/30/14, 1:36 AM   #4
jcracing96

Dad u can go blow smoke somewhere else. All I seen u do was stand around. I will be greatly surprised if they hv another show.

3/30/14, 7:11 AM   #5
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcracing96 View Post
Dad u can go blow smoke somewhere else. All I seen u do was stand around. I will be greatly surprised if they hv another show.
Jc

I spent most of my time sitting around that is about all we old folks can do well, My son spent those hours in the afternoon making adjustments ato the race car. Being without any pit help he sure needed those extra hours to work.

I would be surprised if the ILLS didn't have a couple of indoor races next winter at the Center In Du Quoin. We had a good time there this year and hope to come back next year. These guys took a bunch of Lemons and made Lemonade. Do you think they planed for 19 cars to show up to race. With a purse that they had to work with there should have had 100+ cars. Once you schedule the race in it is really pretty hard to change things around. People even found fault with the Shoot out and then those same people come back and say, "you know what we really need is a big national race for our cars", GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!

Once again the "Jones Gang" would like to thank the ILLS>Steve Nace Racing>Roger Bess Trucking>SBG Logistics and Jerry Teague forgiving the Mini-Lightning sprints a chance to race once again at the Center in DuQuoin Il.

We think you guys did a great job with the >>Al Archdale Jr./ Willard Bess Memorial Race>> and hope those of us that showed up did a good enough job to warrant the return of a bunch more racers next year.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 3/30/14 at 7:19 AM.

3/30/14, 7:33 AM   #6
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Dad,
Wish I could have taken the time to come help out but since I'm a one-man wrecking crew myself (with assistance from my Able-Bodied Pit Doll A.J. - thanks Sweetie), I'm still putting the finishing touches on the 97 this weekend. Sounds like from the pit side it was a noble attempt, and hopefully the start of bigger things. Maybe it didn't seem that way from the grandstand side (to some, at least) but hey, "haters gonna hate" (channeling my inner rap star) right? I applaud Steve Nace for sticking with it; he could've thrown in the towel when the race didn't go off in February but he didn't. If the race continues I will make every effort to support it next year.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1 member likes this post: DAD
3/30/14, 11:45 AM   #7
Steve Nace

Thanks for those that suported this race. Racers, Fans , And especially Tom Via, Roger Sollenberger, and Jerry Tag for stepping up to help make this event happen. Fortunately there are always a few willing to take a risk and look at the big picture. Yes, It was a long day for everyone. Thanks to the racers for sticking it out and putting on a great show.

Steve Nace

2 members like this post: chance2195, DAD
3/30/14, 12:14 PM   #8
Steve Nace

Marathon ? Race day... Hour and half for Heats. A mains Hour and half. Yes, We had to wait for six hours because of the start times advertised for the A mains. Most people took the time to go get something to eat , visit with friends, work on their cars or even take a nap. And a very few complained.......
Thanks again

Steve Nace

4 members like this post: chance2195, DAD, jjones752, luckybuc97
3/30/14, 2:04 PM   #9
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nace View Post
Marathon ? Race day... Hour and half for Heats. A mains Hour and half. Yes, We had to wait for six hours because of the start times advertised for the A mains. Most people took the time to go get something to eat , visit with friends, work on their cars or even take a nap. And a very few complained.......
Thanks again

Steve Nace
Steve

I spent a little time just trying to chase you down to say thanks. You must be set on "Warp speed" and the old one armed bandit is stuck in "sub warp speed". Maybe the next race. Your crew caused a lot of that "DOWN TIME"!!!!! They were so well organized dong their job they had to have knocked at least an hour or so out of getting the cars on to and off of the race track. I was figuring on getting out around 11:00 Pm. We as usual were one of the last ones out at about 9:30.

Once again job well done thanks for getting this race together we had a lot of fun and hope to do it again.

You guys that didn't come race, You don't know what you missed, this is a supper place that looks like it was designed for mini sprints. Being such a small track we even managed to finish the race. "Halal yahuah"

Honest Dad himself

3/30/14, 3:43 PM   #10
little Spike

Would like to Thank Steve Nace and the crew for a wonderful night of racing. Was hoping for more Mini Sprints but for the 1st year it wasn't to bad of a car count. Hope Steve will do it again next winter and will try to get more Mini Sprints there. If you wasn't there you missed some great close racing. I don't think there wasn't a car in the pits that couldn't have won it. P.S. Steve Nace and staff hope to see you next winter or before. Jerry

3 members like this post: chance2195, DAD, Dgentry51
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > duquion 9-29