IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway Thursday July 27th!
7/29/23, 11:59 AM   #31
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway Thursday July 27th!
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsprintfan1 View Post
Yeah man Canyon shut down late last year. I heard the state would not renew the lease because of pressure from the city and development committees. Even though the property lies in a flood plane and will never be developed. Check another one up to progress I suppose. Sucks. I hear you on Casa Grande. I don't make the trek for the reasons you mentioned as well as a horrible amount of traffic I have to put up with to get there. It's at least an hour and a half from my home in New River. I do however highly recommend Mohave Valley Raceway though. Ron has done a great job up there. We went in April for the CRA show and they had about 30 cars. Stay in Laughlin. Nice little weekend getaway.
I swear that 2 lane bottleneck between Chandler and Casa Grande is just as bad as the backups on 17.

2 members like this post: azsprintfan1, tirespinner
7/30/23, 1:57 PM   #32
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTER1 View Post
Maybe by 12am….
You’re a complete idiot. The late night was due to a rain delay. Bloomington started at 7 and the USAC feature ended right at 10pm lol.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
7/30/23, 3:46 PM   #33
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

The delay was due to rain, yes. BUT Lincoln Park Speedway's Thursday track drying efforts were terrible. They let the track just sit there for an extra hour, while the crowd baked in that heat. Then they bring out ONE contraption that ran in circles by itself. And it had to keep running into the pit area, I guess to get the radiator cleaned. The track never brought out any of their other water trucks or vehicles to help run in the track. Finally, at 7:45, sprint cars were called out. Track never even attempted to run in the bottom. ONE VEHICLE to run in a rain-soaked track? Unacceptable. No need for us to sit there till past midnight because they couldn't do a better job getting the track run in.

I was at Fairbury Friday night and they had 5 vehicles running in their track prior to their PDC preliminary night races. And after every qualifying race, their pack truck was pulling a unit that was weighted down and had 8 tires on it, working the inside of the track. That's how you pack a track.

2 members like this post: Rpracing1, tirespinner
7/30/23, 4:52 PM   #34
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
The delay was due to rain, yes. BUT Lincoln Park Speedway's Thursday track drying efforts were terrible. They let the track just sit there for an extra hour, while the crowd baked in that heat. Then they bring out ONE contraption that ran in circles by itself. And it had to keep running into the pit area, I guess to get the radiator cleaned. The track never brought out any of their other water trucks or vehicles to help run in the track. Finally, at 7:45, sprint cars were called out. Track never even attempted to run in the bottom. ONE VEHICLE to run in a rain-soaked track? Unacceptable. No need for us to sit there till past midnight because they couldn't do a better job getting the track run in.

I was at Fairbury Friday night and they had 5 vehicles running in their track prior to their PDC preliminary night races. And after every qualifying race, their pack truck was pulling a unit that was weighted down and had 8 tires on it, working the inside of the track. That's how you pack a track.

First, SPIKER is the best thing to happen to LPS since Farrar ran it.
Second, The track was perfect all night. To stay otherwise is blasphemy.
Third, THEY RACED, the track was fine by feature time. Im happy.

7/30/23, 5:48 PM   #35
mlamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
First off Chuck don’t take this personal, as it’s not meant that way.
Your gonna post what the track was like while just watching it on FLO?
I too watched it on FLO, everyone in attendance knew more about the track conditions than I did since I didn’t attend.
I can’t accurately asses track conditions for all night if I’m not there.
Agiain Chuck nothing personal, JMO.

3 members like this post: Dale, Rpracing1, tirespinner
7/30/23, 5:57 PM   #36
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post

Chuck, you said this on post #17 of this thread….…

“This track is too wet and un-raceable.”

Perfect all night????? You confusing us again……

Please clarify……...

3 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, mlamb, tirespinner
7/30/23, 6:16 PM   #37
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Chuck, you said this on post #17 of this thread….…

“This track is too wet and un-raceable.”

Perfect all night????? You confusing us again……

Please clarify……...
Glad my stalker got in on it.

1 Spiker is the best thing to happen in years to LPS. That's true, I mean it.
2. The blasphamy is that you can critisize any track but LPS here. KInd of joke really..

3. I was right, . The bottom of LPS was so soft and greasy nobody could run on it till they had a couple larger count and lap races which widened it out. If you go back and watch, The wreckers were sinking down low (Not the infield) and the cars were forced to run a narrow lane and a half track. which caused a bunch of the get together s. Im not bashing. But agree with Grocery guy, Some push trucks, a grader, a 2500pd support class could have finished running that in, Im happy they raced sad so much got tore up.

Used to make the Kokomo/Burg two shows and the THAT/LPS shows every year. The only night i could have made that I didn't this year was Circle City. Was convinced it would rain out. Im glad I was wrong.

7 of 8 ain't bad. I see tons of post on FB and X about how everyone's mad tri state didn't run today. Im kinda miffed. They've tried that before. Many of the non local racers and half the fans didn't show up They gotta have a travel day to make work monday... Sad for Tri state they couldn't get it in, but fully understand the not making it up.

7/30/23, 6:27 PM   #38
Rpracing1

^You didn’t clarify, but we’ll take you rebuttal for what it worth. Always entertaining ! 😂

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/30/23, 6:44 PM   #39
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 22

3 members like this post: mlamb, Rpracing1, tirespinner
7/30/23, 6:47 PM   #40
Charles Nungester

I don't always joke, But when I do, It goes right over heads......

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway Thursday July 27th!