IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sad Day
4/29/13, 10:58 PM   #1
Sad Day
Sprintcarfanatic

As I was getting on the road this morning & not far from the warehouse I received a text that my Dad had passed. He and my mom are the one's responsible for my passion of the racing that we think is the greatest.

He loved to go Fishing, Bowling & to watch the races, Looking back now I don't see how he found the time to do as much as he did.

I just told him the other day about Stevie Smith getting some races in this year, He was a big Stevie Smith fan as well as his dad. Now sadly he won't know the results of the physical kind.

Speaking of fishing he used to get so mad at me when we used go to the Church Camp in St. Mary's, Ohio back in the channels. He tried to fish I threw rocks in the water. These trips usually resulted stopping at a place called Slim's for some eats. Sometimes we would go by there as we went the back way to Eldora in the late 60's early 70's.

I'm really surprised he kept taking me to the races when I was little because when we did get to Eldora I played in the crevices where you used to park on the hills in turn's 3 & 4. I did pay attention at other tracks though.

Dad was a pretty good bowler too, Along with some other guys he bowled with would win the leagues in the late 60's at Westgate lanes in Lima, Ohio. Although never good enough to go pro he had fun & went to some tournaments.

I was kidding around with him Saturday before last around 3:30 that if I was going to Eldora I'd best get going, he said are you going & I smiled & told him no, They ended up cancelling anyways.

I'm going to miss my racing buddy, I love you Dad.

4/29/13, 11:08 PM   #2
Re: Sad Day
racephoto1

You have my sympathy and prayers, it's tough to lose a parent. You have wonderful memories no one can ever take away, savor them all you can.

3 members like this post: fish, Kansasdirtfan, OTSNWR
4/29/13, 11:08 PM   #3
mortboyz

You have my condolences...

1 member likes this post: algiordino4
4/29/13, 11:12 PM   #4
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

I am very sorry for your loss! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!

4/29/13, 11:29 PM   #5
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Sorry for your loss. It sounds like he enjoyed a good life, glad you have you so many fond memories.

Posted via Mobile Device

4/29/13, 11:43 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Sorry for your loss and racings loss as well. Thoughts are with you and the family.

4/29/13, 11:44 PM   #7
SprintManDave

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family at this difficult time.

4/30/13, 6:09 AM   #8
racing2bwithu2

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 63

Our thoughts an prayers are with you and the family. Lloyd & Gail

4/30/13, 6:13 AM   #9
Andrew S. Quinn

Sorry to hear this. My condolences ...............

4/30/13, 6:27 AM   #10
PJ Wright

I'm very sorry for your loss. You'll always cherish those memories of times spent with your dad and they'll help you through this.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sad Day