IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $5000 to win at Tri-State!
7/31/12, 8:07 PM   #21
terrell854

Don't know what drivers you have talked to but the drivers I talk to say the new dirt they put on it sucks and it gets as one grooved as any place I have seen and the drivers feel the same way

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: dustbowl, mowerman
7/31/12, 8:15 PM   #22
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
I think this has been ground into the ground on another post that you started. Just go and have a good time. There will be enough cars. Quit worrying. You are wearing my azz out. As it has been said many times before on here........All of the cars that show up will be there.....

By the way, my guess would be about 600 cars, but that is just my rough estimate.
QuickChange has made a total of only 9 posts! He registered on this forum in April 2012.

What's wearing my azz out is the senior members of this site treating new members as if they've been around the site for several years.

As for the race itself, TSS is paying $5000 to win... they will have a full field of cars. There's really no way to know the actual number of cars or drivers since they don't require a entry form for the race.

Now, that wasn't so hard.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/31/12, 8:26 PM   #23
Re: $5000 to win at Tri-State!
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Change View Post
I'm not trying to wear anyone out. Sorry if I struck a nerve.
No need to be sorry, you have just as much right to ask your question and express your opinion as anyone else on this board. Go and have fun that is what this deal is supposed to be all about.

Jerry #66j
stida.com

7/31/12, 8:48 PM   #24
Quick Change

Race Count This Year: 23
Race Count Last Year: 29

Thanks guys. I've been around racing for a long time. I am new to this area and am not use to having a choice of places to go. Trying to figure out the best place to go. The only reason I was concerned is that I went to TSS for the last MSCS show and the some of the USAC guys were there. They still only had 16 cars. I didn't want to drive 2 hours for 10 cars.

7/31/12, 8:52 PM   #25
Hamby812

I have talked to pretty much all of them considering im in the pits basically every week. I guess my question would be who are you talking to and how many races at tss have you been to this year??? Just in recent memory I watched stanbrough run the middle and the cushion durning sprint week with Clauson flying around the bottom from the tail to 3 with the best of the best on the bottom is clearly not one groove. And another question is do you talk to more than just sprint car drivers? I do, and the modified guys will say the same thing(the ones that are competitive. Wathched Cates run the bottom to win during sprint week as well to win the modified feature with people running the bottom middle and top. I would assume you talked to a couple guys who probably dont run up front a lot. But im looking at the year as a whole and the entire field of cars and drivers and not just a few sprint car guys. Of course if you miss the setup you probably would think its one grooved. But these like everything else are opinions, they're a lot like azzholes everyone has one. You're entitled to your own.

7/31/12, 9:28 PM   #26
Clydesdale

How will the announcer explain to all the fans that possibly the top five drivers, and even more in the top ten in points, aren't even at the race? Not all fans get on IndianaOpenWheel, so when they show up to a $5000 to win race, expecting all of the big guns to be there, and they're not, thats a concern. I live over two and a half hours away, and I know I won't be driving down for that. With that being said, I hope Clayton spanks their butt!! If you live close to Indy, you can go to Putnamville and see about the same quality cars on this Saturday, and probably the same or more on car count. When I'm spending $20-25 for a race, I want to see a complete show, which would mean 3 or 4 heats, and a b-main with cars battling for the final transfer spot.

3 members like this post: Jimmydiesel, Motormasher, mowerman
7/31/12, 9:41 PM   #27
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
QuickChange has made a total of only 9 posts! He registered on this forum in April 2012.

What's wearing my azz out is the senior members of this site treating new members as if they've been around the site for several years.

As for the race itself, TSS is paying $5000 to win... they will have a full field of cars. There's really no way to know the actual number of cars or drivers since they don't require a entry form for the race.

Now, that wasn't so hard.

Posted via Mobile Device
Apologies all around. Quick Change,did not mean to rattle your cage. I owe ya a beer. You too Bill, Sweetheart........My azz hurts now.......Thanx for clearing this up!

2 members like this post: Danny Burton, ronmil
7/31/12, 10:01 PM   #28
treecitytornado

I see what Clydesdale is saying. Looks like as many as 8 of the top 10 in Points may not be there.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/31/12, 10:32 PM   #29
racin jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydesdale View Post
How will the announcer explain to all the fans that possibly the top five drivers, and even more in the top ten in points, aren't even at the race? Not all fans get on IndianaOpenWheel, so when they show up to a $5000 to win race, expecting all of the big guns to be there, and they're not, thats a concern. I live over two and a half hours away, and I know I won't be driving down for that. With that being said, I hope Clayton spanks their butt!! If you live close to Indy, you can go to Putnamville and see about the same quality cars on this Saturday, and probably the same or more on car count. When I'm spending $20-25 for a race, I want to see a complete show, which would mean 3 or 4 heats, and a b-main with cars battling for the final transfer spot.
I will welcome each and every fan, driver, and car owner the same on Saturday as I do each and every MSCS race. I will thank them in person and on the mic for coming and spending the evening with us.

Sure you want to see the best of the best every time you go to a race track but that isn't always going to happen. A true fan, racer, and car owner goes to a track to do what they love and thats to see a good show and the drivers and car owners bust their ass to have a good car to put on a show for you.

6 of the top 10 drivers in MSCS points are also in the top 10 in USAC and that is a testament of how truly gifted they are in their profession. And yes that means Stanbrough, Ballou, Garnder, Hunter, Levi, and Stockon will be on a Midwest swing with USAC but that doesn't mean the Hoosier Sprint Nationals will be a dull show. There are several talented drivers and young guns that will be vying for a shot at $5,000 and the opportunity to propel their career. The next Levi, Stanbrough, or Ballou could very well be Chase Briscoe, Dakota Jackson, Jeff Bland Jr who will be at Haubstadt on Saturday.

I don't believe there is an announcer in the country that will apologize for a driver not being at the track on a paticular night. Instead I am going to inform everyone who is there, how their season has went and help them cherish a moment in victory that they will never forget!

We are truly honored to have the choices and options we do for Saturday night and i hope that each and everyone of you will go support your local track and have a great time.

Racin Jason Adams
MSCS Tour Director and Series Announcer
www.mscssprints.com
racinjasonadams@yahoo.com
812-664-8268

7/31/12, 10:46 PM   #30
Jackslash.com

Between Eldora, Paragon, Lawrenceburg, and Putnamville, nearly 113 Sprint Cars raced last Saturday night.

15-20 are heading West on Thursday to run USAC. That leaves about 90-95 sprint cars.

Tri-State Speedway will draw plenty of talented racers for the Hoosier Sprint Nationals this Saturday.

I remember a few years ago when Kokomo booked a Sunday show against a big out of town race. They got nearly 40 cars and T-Mez won in the Hazen #57 from last making it one of the most memorable features in Kokomo Speedway history.

Tri-State Speedway doesn't run very often, but when they do, the racing is great and they pay some very respectable purses.

I will be there and I am looking forward to a great night of racing.

Sean Buckley
Jackslash.com

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $5000 to win at Tri-State!