IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $5000 to win at Tri-State!
7/31/12, 4:52 PM   #11
Re: $5000 to win at Tri-State!
Shawn Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclaridge View Post
Just read on face book that Daron Clayton will be at TSS Saturday,that's worth the price of admission !!!!

Posted via Mobile Device
Why is Clayton being there worth the price of admission?

2 members like this post: 38DD, Gee2
7/31/12, 5:00 PM   #12
AB Racing

I'm guessing he's talking about some of the great features he has ran there in the past. You my want to look a few of them up. I think after you watch them you will agree.

5 members like this post: bmemmer, Chastain75, rclaridge, Slider812, sprintgal
7/31/12, 5:17 PM   #13
rclaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB Racing View Post
I'm guessing he's talking about some of the great features he has ran there in the past. You my want to look a few of them up. I think after you watch them you will agree.
That would be the reason,in my opion he's one of the most exciting drivers I've seen run at TSS and I've been going there for over 50 yrs!!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
7/31/12, 5:38 PM   #14
Quick Change

Race Count This Year: 23
Race Count Last Year: 29

What are you guys thinking for car count? With all of the sprint cars in the area, if they can't get a good field for $5,000 to win something is wrong.

7/31/12, 5:44 PM   #15
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Change View Post
What are you guys thinking for car count? With all of the sprint cars in the area, if they can't get a good field for $5,000 to win something is wrong.
I think this has been ground into the ground on another post that you started. Just go and have a good time. There will be enough cars. Quit worrying. You are wearing my azz out. As it has been said many times before on here........All of the cars that show up will be there.....

By the way, my guess would be about 600 cars, but that is just my rough estimate.
Last edited by Rpracing1; 7/31/12 at 6:27 PM. Reason: wacked out

6 members like this post: AB Racing, bmemmer, koolaid89, luckybuc97, ronmil, sprintgal
7/31/12, 6:31 PM   #16
treecitytornado

I'd say 22-25 cars.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/31/12, 6:36 PM   #17
Motormasher

Haubstadt should be the place to be this week end.....a good chance for a week end warior to win a big one with all the big teams out west. Probably will be the best show all year at TSS.
I would like to see a surprise winner.
Think about it.....no sprint cars have to wheel pack the track.....and you know it will be perfect.....hope every weekend warrior shows up.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/31/12, 6:44 PM   #18
Quick Change

Race Count This Year: 23
Race Count Last Year: 29

I'm not trying to wear anyone out. Sorry if I struck a nerve.

7/31/12, 7:38 PM   #19
robert gatten

"you know it will be perfect.....hope every weekend warrior shows up."

been there twice this year and both times, far from perfect. dust bowl, no cushion just a pile of dusty dirt against the wall to bang off of not a true cush to run the corner against. you can only keep acting like the tracks as good as it once was so long, after that its called dreaming.(imo)

3 members like this post: burris7555, Mud Packer
7/31/12, 7:56 PM   #20
Hamby812

The track is always fast, racy, and has multiple grooves. Fans tend to look at what they see and not get the facts. I being a former driver have talked to current drives about the track because it has been a little dusty but they all say it still has bite in it which to the naked eye seems unbelieveable with the lite dust. I also agree the old dirt was better but the fact is the track is still racy with more than 1 line the entire night. People worry to much about car counts and, track conditions, etc. There will be a full field of sprint cars at TSS and probably about the same at LPS. As far as who I think may have a shot at winning, Jonathan Hendrick has been running pretty strong lately and with the passing points system starting in the back of the heat doesn't kill you. Should be a good night of racing at both venues not to mention the burg. Hopefully all the tracks and fans have an enjoyable and exciting evening of racing. I'll be at TSS.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: jim goerge, sw1911
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $5000 to win at Tri-State!