Originally Posted by flatout View Post
Should Kenseth be suspended a race?
No!

2 members like this post: billwill, Bobv
11/1/15, 10:28 PM   #12
Mattmac05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Today I managed watching a whole 10 laps I think , and woke up 2 hours later. Thinking what a great nap, feeling good. Thanks Napcar. How someone can call that exciting I'll never know. Guess they have never seen a dirt race.
Not sure how you can say this at places like Martinsville and Bristol. Yes it is not a non wing sprint car race, but I find even a Pocono race more exciting than baseball and I usually would rather watch Nascar than the NFL games. Criticism like this helps no one and I see many times people on here point fingers as to why racing is dieing, but this never helps.

2 members like this post: jdull99, ronmil
11/1/15, 11:07 PM   #13
Re: Napcar works
Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by B99 View Post
Indycar doesn't want our guys, doesn't want people like the ones on this board in their stands. They've as much said so.
C'mon, really!!! The reasons for "our guys" not being there are so many, and have been gone over sooooo many times....
Last edited by Puppy; 11/1/15 at 11:08 PM.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
11/2/15, 11:00 AM   #14
billwill

Give bc an opportunity !!!!

11/2/15, 11:39 AM   #15
dirtball

I've never been to a race that started with a green and yellow caution flag.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, erich45
11/2/15, 4:22 PM   #16
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

We all have our own favorite type of auto racing. I know I prefer midget, sprint and Silver Crown racing on dirt tracks, but I watch all types. I still love the Indy 500 (it is my favorite event) and I watch Formula One (the event at Austin, TX was particularly exciting) and yesterday F1 ran at Mexico City for the first time in twenty-three years in front of more than a hundred and twenty thousand fans (eighty-five thousand showed up just to watch practice). Wasn't the greatest race ever, as even the announcers said, but it generated a lot of interest worldwide. I watch NASCAR trucks, ARCA stock car, NHRA drag racing, and, well, you name it. If it has wheels and races I will probably watch. Since I don't care for stick and ball sports, I usually wind up watching the NASCAR race of the week. Like Jim, I sometimes get some quality nap time, as not every lap produces spine tingling action. But, to me, it is still more exciting than baseball or golf.
I hear people make negative comments about certain types of cars (midgets hurt my ears, Silver Crown cars are boring, not enough Americans in Indy cars, yadda, yadda, yadda) can't relate to F1, and so on. If we want our sport to prosper and grow, we need to support whatever particular niche we prefer, and refrain from bashing what we don't like.
I feel that any auto racing event that is successful, is good for all of the sport! A rising tide lifts all ships!
Last edited by ronmil; 11/2/15 at 4:33 PM.

6 members like this post: fish, gary curry, hoscalecody, mc/rider, PIT CART, sprintracer82
11/2/15, 5:06 PM   #17
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout View Post
Should Kenseth be suspended a race?
Yes

1 member likes this post: Augie
11/2/15, 5:11 PM   #18
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
We all have our own favorite type of auto racing. I know I prefer midget, sprint and Silver Crown racing on dirt tracks, but I watch all types. I still love the Indy 500 (it is my favorite event) and I watch Formula One (the event at Austin, TX was particularly exciting) and yesterday F1 ran at Mexico City for the first time in twenty-three years in front of more than a hundred and twenty thousand fans (eighty-five thousand showed up just to watch practice). Wasn't the greatest race ever, as even the announcers said, but it generated a lot of interest worldwide. I watch NASCAR trucks, ARCA stock car, NHRA drag racing, and, well, you name it. If it has wheels and races I will probably watch. Since I don't care for stick and ball sports, I usually wind up watching the NASCAR race of the week. Like Jim, I sometimes get some quality nap time, as not every lap produces s
pine tingling action. But, to me, it is still more exciting than baseball or golf.
I hear people make negative comments about certain types of cars (midgets hurt my ears, Silver Crown cars are boring, not enough Americans in Indy cars, yadda, yadda, yadda) can't relate to F1, and so on. If we want our sport to prosper and grow, we need to support whatever particular niche we prefer, and refrain from bashing what we don't like.
I feel that any auto racing event that is successful, is good for all of the sport! A rising tide lifts all ships!
This is a good take but your on the wrong site to hope people have an open mind to other forms of racing.

2 members like this post: Mattmac05, ronmil
11/2/15, 5:17 PM   #19
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
This is a good take but your on the wrong site to hope people have an open mind to other forms of racing.
Unfortunately, you're right!

11/2/15, 5:22 PM   #20
captrat

I have no problem with people enjoying other types of racing or even other sports in general. I think we might want to consider the following-

1. NASCAR has built itself into what it is not on the quality of its racing,but rather on the marketing machine it has become. An objective observer should be perceptive enough to realize this and judge the quality of the product and realize they are being manipulated by PR and marketing.

2. What really sticks in my craw is that I can turn on the TV and see lawn mower racing, ATV through wooded areas, drag boats, club sports car racing, lumberjacking, etc. just to name a few. Yet non-wing sprint cars and midgets get no exposure. Why? the usual answer is production costs. I don't buy it when you have other so-called niche sports getting this kind of exposure.

3. Such replies using terms like "lame ass" to describe a disagreement of opinion only degrades the site and the usual tone of civil discourse found here. There are other racing discussion groups where this tone is dominant,might be worth a look.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Napcar works