IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget style laydown radiator in mini sprint?
6/7/14, 4:11 PM   #1
Midget style laydown radiator in mini sprint?
Quantrill

Anyone using a midget style laydown radiator in a mini sprint 1000cc motor? I have used these in a mech. injection water cooled motor but it would not work on a newer 1000cc motor. Looks like my current radiator has seen better days and I have never liked its location and would like to go back to a laydown style, just not sure what size radiator to use? I have a limited amount of space.

Thanks in advance

6/8/14, 11:16 AM   #2
Re: Midget style laydown radiator in mini sprint?
RoyaltonMiniSprint

Got one on my car Mark I will e-mail you pictures!!!

6/11/14, 10:13 AM   #3
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
Anyone using a midget style laydown radiator in a mini sprint 1000cc motor? I have used these in a mech. injection water cooled motor but it would not work on a newer 1000cc motor. Looks like my current radiator has seen better days and I have never liked its location and would like to go back to a laydown style, just not sure what size radiator to use? I have a limited amount of space.

Thanks in advance
Mark

I would PM Joe Liguori. He and Lndsey ran one on a ZX10 mini sprint for several years with no problems. Joe being a radiator guy could probably get you a pretty good deal on one.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 6/11/14 at 10:29 AM.

6/11/14, 10:27 AM   #4
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

If you use a Spike-style radiator tray and make sure you don't have the inlet scoop blocked and you have adequate exhausting over the top and out the back of the nose piece I don't see why you couldn't get it to work.
I know it's not the same but I have the cooler for my old oil-cooled GSXR mounted in a Spike tray under a TQ Fiberglass nose and I've yet to have a single cooling issue. It's been proven that a properly shrouded and ducted radiator is way more efficient than one that's just hanging in the breeze...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 6/11/14 at 2:55 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget style laydown radiator in mini sprint?