IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets at Southern Illinois Center Feb 7th
1/29/15, 8:02 PM   #51
Re: Midgets at Southern Illinois Center Feb 7th
DAD

Jim

If only we could get Mel to adopt Us.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: jjones752
1/29/15, 8:20 PM   #52
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by welder View Post
Avon,
"Now as far as the million dollar question what should we call this you ask?"
N.O.E.M.M.? National Original Equipment from Manufacturer Midget Series, relating to stock engines.

Factory Midget?

Stock Midget?

P.B.M. Production Based Midget
P.B. Midget Series

What's everybody think about those?

Danny Williams, JR.

Danny

It's like when I met my wife. I'll know it when I hear it. It will just feel and sound right.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/29/15 at 8:22 PM.

1 member likes this post: welder
1/29/15, 8:44 PM   #53
DAD

Jim

In response to D II Midget>

Me too!!!

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/29/15 at 8:47 PM.

1/29/15, 8:54 PM   #54
Avon Open Wheel fan

Just got this message from Steve things are looking really good so far.

We have pre entries from 8 states. Don't miss this ! www.stevenaceracing.com

www.illinimidgets.com

1/30/15, 1:13 AM   #55
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Jim
In response to D II Midget>
Me too!!!
Honest Dad himself
We are having a National "D-II" midget race in Florida in 2 weeks.

We have racers from several different organizations:

USAC-DMA (Dirt Midget Assoc.)
Engines are: Quad 4...Ecotec...Focus

Powri-OWS (Outlaw Midget Series)
Focus...Ecotec...Quad 4...Motorcycle powered midget (Lightning Sprints)

SSMS (Southern States Midget Series)
Focus...Ecotec...Quad 4...Honda...MPM (Lightning Sprint)

ARDC (American Racing Drivers Club)*Nationals Series*
Older National 166 push rod motors (with Restrictions) 4 of those guys ...NO MPM

MMSA (Midwest Motor Sports Association)
MPM 1000cc

BAM (Budget American Midgets)
Ecotec...Focus...MPM

IMRA (Illinois Midget Racing Series)
Focus...Ecotec...MPM

Kenyon Midgets
MPM (shaft drive)

BMARA (Badger Midget Auto Racing Association)
Restricted National Engines...Ecotec...Focus...Duratec...Honda...No MPM

IRS (Illini Racing Series)
4 cly engines with different restrictions...no MPM

ILS (Illinois Lightning Sprints)
MPM (Chain Drive only)...They are however going to have several events with BAM in 2015

WIMS (Wisconsin Illinois Mini Sprints
MPM (Chain Drive Only)

SOLS (Southern Ohio Lightning Sprints)
MPM (Chain Drive Only)

ELS (Empire Lightning Sprints)
MPM....looking to race with OMS and DMA this year so they are looking at allowing 4 cly stock production engines in the future

We at the GDN will have a promotors round table on Sat. morning from 9-11 meeting for breakfast...location TBA

As you can see there are several Series/Clubs/Associations that will be here....look at the 1 thing we are....90% of everyone that races is a "MIDGET" or a "CONVERTED" midget to chain drive...yes we are MIDGETS...some are WINGED midgets....

If you want to be heard at this round table please tell your Organizations representative what to ask about or atleast take notes back to your series.

WE... all of US as a GROUP (whole) can do more as far as a "corporate" sponsor in numbers...a GOOD insurance policy for all and a good sum of point payout at the end of the year...separate from your own series payout.

Not saying to "CHANGE" your rules or your name just looking to fly under 1 large banner....We are not NATIONAL at all...we are all Regional...but under 1 banner or entity as Division II Midgets we can be.

Division-2 or D-2 Midgets will entice sponsors more so than "Sportsman" or Lightning or the word Mini. Marketing 300 racers or more as a whole is and will be more attractive than marketing 20 or so different racers in each series.

What's in a name? Everything, when it comes to marketing. D-2, yes just like NCAA or Baseball farm teams...Hell you could even go with Division Double A midgets but then when you write AA midgets in someone's mind it will read.... Alcohol Anonymous for little people.

Again we are a Division II style of midget...as of right now we ARE NOT a national brand, but we damn well sure could be. D-2 Winged Midgets and D-2 Midgets can be of the same entity without much confusion at all. Lets look "DOWN" the road instead of "AT" the road.

Hopefully with the race next week in DuQuoin and the Gator"DIRT"Nationals in Florida, with all entities coming together we can discuss it and see what happens as we go into the year...We just need to get our "OWN" Entity in place so WE ALL can reap the benefits and if you want to go vacation in New England you can take the racers with you or at any given region of the US.

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

2 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, DAD
1/30/15, 5:24 AM   #56
DAD

Wayne

Do you know whether or not Jimmy Olson will be bringing his rear engined Chain Drive VW to Florida. I understand that Slim was at the Indy Expo this last weekend and told a few people that Jack Harvey had designed a new bolt on cage to bring the car into compliance.

I also heard a rumor that Steve Grafton has managed to get his hands on one of Mel's V8 Suzuki Motors and installing it in his Kenyon Midget as we speak in his search of that First Gator win.

Got to go now it's 4:10 Am and they are lining up the sim main event right now and I came up with the outside pole. Wish me luck. I got old "Smoke" on the inside of me, think I will drop er down to low gear and out drag race him to turn one.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/30/15 at 5:54 AM.

1/30/15, 12:37 PM   #57
Avon Open Wheel fan

Just a reminder that pre-entry forms need to Arrive by Tuesday.

If you are needing to.submit a last minute entry please send me a PM.

www.illinimidgets.com

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
1/30/15, 4:05 PM   #58
KJHolley

How I feel every time I see the word "Echotec"

2 members like this post: 7xCoop, dbuhr24
1/30/15, 7:43 PM   #59
red70racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJHolley View Post
How I feel every time I see the word "Echotec"

KJHolley, why?

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
1/30/15, 9:14 PM   #60
bsmith8

I agree, please quit advertising Midgets. They are doing the same thing in Florida, the Gator Midget Nationals. I seen Tim Clauson even questioned the Gator Midget Nationals and it defiantly got me excited because I thought MIDGETS were racing in Florida. It is misleading to the fans and a sim racer like myself and people who own FULL MIDGETS. From my past sim experience a TQ is a TQ, a 600 or sidewinder a 600 or sidewinder, a mini sprint is a mini sprint, a focus is a focus or ecotech or Honda DII whatever they are this week and a Midget is a Full Up 400HP Midget with the driveline running between the drivers legs with an in and out box and takes a push truck to start it. If its Midgets that are advertised then I say let USAC, POWRI, NEMA, BMARA, ARDC and any true full midget race. Not dogging any of smaller engine sized race cars. In my sim experience (I know Its just a sim game or armchair racer) I enjoyed the TQ's and the 1200 Mini Sprints as well as I enjoyed the Full Midget. I think what Montpelier, Kokomo and even the Rumble series is doing for Midgets is great. But you are all race fans and or owners and competitors and you know the difference and know they are not true Full MIDGETS. But hey Im just a Sim Racer.

3 members like this post: DAD, ossuks, Sandy Lowe
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets at Southern Illinois Center Feb 7th