IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rumble dates?
10/14/09, 9:48 PM   #1
Rumble dates?
racerdog45

Does anyone know the dates for the Rumble at Fort Wayne, and are there any other sites again this year? Thanks in advance for any info.

10/14/09, 9:55 PM   #2
Re: Rumble dates?
JordanBlanton

rumbleseries.com says 26th & 27th. It doesn't show anything about any other indoor rumble shows.

10/16/09, 3:25 PM   #3
short track scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanBlanton View Post
rumbleseries.com says 26th & 27th. It doesn't show anything about any other indoor rumble shows.
Fort Wayne is the only events scheduled this indoor season.
Posted via Mobile Device

10/16/09, 9:04 PM   #4
Anderson36

I see the new rules package that has been administered. Rumor has it that the Munchkins might not run at all since meeting the minimum weight requirement may be near impossible.

I wonder what this means for Tony Stewart showing up. I am sure he has been far too busy to notice this change, but I would assume Bobby Barth would have some idea.

10/16/09, 11:36 PM   #5
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson36 View Post
I see the new rules package that has been administered. Rumor has it that the Munchkins might not run at all since meeting the minimum weight requirement may be near impossible.

I wonder what this means for Tony Stewart showing up. I am sure he has been far too busy to notice this change, but I would assume Bobby Barth would have some idea.
Barhorst ain't going to bite the hand that feeds him. Stewart is a huge draw for that show and if there is no Stewart the crowds will be down and in this economy, Barhorst is going to need everything he can to get a packed house.

10/17/09, 9:35 AM   #6
Geoff Kaiser

I have 25 lbs of lead they can use. I'll even mount it on the car for them.
Last edited by Geoff Kaiser; 10/17/09 at 9:45 AM.

10/17/09, 9:40 AM   #7
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson36 View Post
Uh.... Where did you read these new rules at? The VW's including the Munchkin were allowed 850 pounds last year. I'm hearing that the new rules for them will be 875. That's 25 pounds more which equals about 3 1/2 to 4 gallons of fuel added to a potential 27 or 31 gallon fuel tank. Most teams run 12 or so gallons for a feature. That leaves a lot of room in the tank for 3 1/2 to 4 gallons. I think it's far fetched to think that a team can't put 3 1/2 more gallons in a fuel tank. Now if the Munchkin teams were running with a full fuel tank last year which I seriously doubt, they'll have to bolt on weight which is a common practice for a lot of midget teams regardless of whether it's an indoor or outdoor race.

10/17/09, 11:26 AM   #8
Tony Barhorst

The rules are never official until the entries are released. I am working on finishing and releasing them this weekend.
They will be announced on a thread here.

We love the Munchkin..and have been proud to have them run with us over the past 11 years.

I will say this...I love the traditional conventional midgets also..

Steps are being taken to to enhance the competition between all the cars. Rules have been changed RARELY over the years in the Rumble Series. Every decade or so..the time comes for adjustment.

Best,
Tony Barhorst
rumbleseries.com

10/17/09, 11:56 AM   #9
racing2a

Bring back thunder in the dome! Thunder in the stadium!

10/17/09, 1:14 PM   #10
Tony Barhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by racing2a View Post
Bring back thunder in the dome! Thunder in the stadium!

To expand indoor racing...or outdoor midget racing...pavement, etc...the key is to have rules that MAXIMIZE everyones ability to compete. That's what I will try to do with these new rules.

Another key to expanding racing for ALL is...Please don't rely on rumor for your information.
That inhibits expansion, not only for me, but anyone.

Remember when UMARA sanctioned the Rumble In The RCA Dome?

I also want to point out that our early schedule is on the front page of www.rumbleseries.com. December 27 is a Sunday matinee show. Fans will be able to see a fast paced two days of racing, with time to get home Sunday.

Best,
Tony Barhorst
rumbleseries.com
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 10/17/09 at 1:20 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rumble dates?