IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-USAC Rain Date
7/20/12, 5:58 PM   #21
hoosier race fan

In years past Kokomo had raced on the Sunday after the last sprintweek show, but had poor car counts and crowds since a lot of sprint teams and fans had exhausted their racing budget. A business decision that will allow a Sunday conclusion to sprintweek without conflicting events.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jerry Spencer
7/20/12, 6:02 PM   #22
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway-USAC Rain Date
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
Like I said, this is one BIG MESS.....it should end at Haubstadt like it was scheduled to.
Now is Kokomo not gonna run either?
And what is gonna happen to Farmer City trying to run Sun night?

Posted via Mobile Device
Are you serious? Kokomo does not run at the end of Sprint week one out of respect to the other tracks in case that day is needed,two they never had a good car count and or a good crowd. Why should it end at a certain track when you can get the show in on a Sunday night. I also feel for the fans racers and track owners but you do the best you can and go on, how hard is that? Bill I am with.

Jerry #66j
stida.com

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
7/20/12, 7:00 PM   #23
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
Like I said, this is one BIG MESS.....it should end at Haubstadt like it was scheduled to.
Now is Kokomo not gonna run either?
And what is gonna happen to Farmer City trying to run Sun night?

Posted via Mobile Device
It dont mattter where its gonna be u wont be there

Posted via Mobile Device

7/20/12, 7:57 PM   #24
spade

I was told at the gate my ticket was good only for Sunday night's rescheduled race and no other date. I was not happy as I could not attend but after getting back to the motel I discovered that my recycled paper ticket was a soggy wad in my pocket and could not have been identified anyway so I'll chalk $ 50.00 up to experience and go on down the road. I've spilled more beer than that over my lifetime!

2 members like this post: dirt330, ISF
7/21/12, 12:40 PM   #25
BrentTFunk

It will be tough for me to get to Putnamville for the rain date, not impossible. tough. I think what they did was fair. I also spoke to Joe Spiker at Bloomington last night. and he more than explained why they needed to postpone. Nobody likes when it rains, but what can you really do about it.

7/21/12, 2:21 PM   #26
ISF

We won't be able to go back to Putnamville Sunday evening, as well.

At least we got to see hot laps at a track we had never seen before.

A selfish point of view on our part would have been for management to run the track back in, if possible, and run the show. That clearly wasn't feasible for all concerned.

We hope we can get back to LPS sometime and see a great show but it wasn't in the cards this time around.

As the old saying goes, "you pays your money, you takes your chances".

2 members like this post: cdav20, Gee2
7/21/12, 4:31 PM   #27
Gee2

Looking for a couple of tix for Putnamville..... I am sure since alot of you on here are crying you wouldnt mind re-coupin part of your loss...couldnt make it Thursday but can on Sunday... works great for me... hey now what you wanna sell it for? $5 now $10, $10 now $12, $12 now $13?.....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-USAC Rain Date