IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RW Motorsports ??
1/28/15, 12:10 AM   #21
Re: RW Motorsports ??
Pat O'Connor Fan

Hey guys! Before this was initiated, I had not read/heard the bad stuff that has been posted here since I started this mess -- I was merely lamenting the seemingly impending loss of another race team. I apologize for starting a thread based on my dread of the possible closing of a race shop; won't happen again.
Hope we can just let this thread fade away while whatever the real deal happens to be just plays out.

10 members like this post: 1sprintcar1, Amsc21, JeAvart, LRP36, midget96, MidkiffCJ, ndr7r, racefan20, Robbie, wlm
1/28/15, 1:27 AM   #22
on_the_edge

So since Mitch is posting on here going to clear up any rumors? Last I heard they were putting a couple of sprint cars together, but don't think they ever bought one of the engines they had their eye on and I haven't heard anything else. So enough of the bs can you shed some light on the situation?

1 member likes this post: bmemmer
1/28/15, 1:30 AM   #23
flatout

1/28/15, 1:43 AM   #24
jdull99

I would think a multi time midget champ would be a trustworthy source...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2 members like this post: KMS2683, team3521
1/28/15, 2:19 AM   #25
JstAbvVMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhn74 View Post
Someone that has been involved with the team made a FB post implying that the ride is over on the teams FB page. Pretty vague (as is usually the case by the particular person) on wether or not it was the single empoyee or the entire team shutting down.

I dont think it is a suprise to anyone that has monitored the RW situation over the past few years. Cant keep help, not paying vendors, not paying help, not reimbursing help, running on a whim instead of a plan. More rent a rides than hired guns.

Fired everyone at Fontana, then ran it in the ground, at least one pending lawsuit against Fontana/RW. Several customers running Chili Bowl on engines they borrowed/leased from other teams because their engines were not ready and the customers parts couldnt be produced upon request even for viewing. Their own team at Chili Bowl was running at least one car on a borrowed engine because they didnt have enough. Promising customers engines on certain dates and missing the deadline by several months. Switching out parts on cutomer engines and keeping their parts, etc., etc.

Asking for money on FB to put a car together for Chili Bowl. Having the electric company leave disconnect notices on the door while they were at Chili Bowl (@ both RWMS and Fontana). Claiming to donate north of $2500 to charity after expenses, prizes and pictures even though the GoFundMe page campaign only had $1,550 in it on the last day. Must of had a heck of a last minute contribution after several months of only small steady contributions. Wheels have been falling off behind the scenes for quite a while. Hard to keep track of the story telling after a while I bet.

Not sure what the rumors are Grinch, but there are some facts and a comment about last nights FB post.
Pretty much in line with what I was hearing at the Chili Bowl. Bad deal, hope it gets better.

1/28/15, 6:07 AM   #26
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Sure glad I didn't chime in as I know nothing.
All I got from the tweet is that Evan and RW are no more. Other than that anything is possible.
Hope we don't loose a race team.
That is all.

1/28/15, 1:09 PM   #27
LRP36

All of this is just another example of why message boards and social media is bad for motorsports.......

3 members like this post: MidkiffCJ, PARKS, Pat O'Connor Fan
1/28/15, 5:20 PM   #28
PIT CART

Sorry for posting what was on Facebook.

1/29/15, 8:21 AM   #29
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Slander is spoken. Libel is written. Just thought I'd clear that part up.

1 member likes this post: Joker0801
1/30/15, 11:51 PM   #30
Amsc21

Thanks.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RW Motorsports ??