IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Traction Control
10/7/14, 11:56 AM   #21
Re: Traction Control
flagboy55

thanks cj. my opinion is I don't care if its Gilpin or dave darland it should absolutely be banned from short track racing, especially dirt. and dad I get your point on steering with your feet on dirt, and that only validates my point. it should be the driver only that regulates traction control once the car hits the track. I want to see the driver hook his car up not a mechanical or electronic device. after all, racing is about running your car to the edge, the edge of hooking it up and going to the front, or busting it loose and backing up. I want to see the driver do this, not a traction control device

10/7/14, 12:40 PM   #22
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

http://racetronics.net/Copy_3_of_Rac...e_Control.html

10/7/14, 2:09 PM   #23
DAD

Better Reading with video>>>>http://www.moretraction.com/Products_Circle.htm

All it takes is money

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: goodoleboy24
10/7/14, 2:57 PM   #24
dshort36

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
thanks cj. my opinion is I don't care if its Gilpin or dave darland it should absolutely be banned from short track racing, especially dirt. and dad I get your point on steering with your feet on dirt, and that only validates my point. it should be the driver only that regulates traction control once the car hits the track. I want to see the driver hook his car up not a mechanical or electronic device. after all, racing is about running your car to the edge, the edge of hooking it up and going to the front, or busting it loose and backing up. I want to see the driver do this, not a traction control device
The rules are "no traction control devices allowed" and i think they should be enforced also..however if people are running them i do not know of any , in sprints, and dont care one way or the other as we win our share of races without it.. what i am tired of is people accusing others of such infractions just because people are winning and they are not. i think these people who point fingers should be forced to prove that those they accuse are using it or pay fines or be banned also as they are more of a problem than those, if any , that do have tc. most people believe that certain individuals "cheat" just because they hear it from others ..
so if you think someone has tc go up to them and put up a thousand dollars and if you dont find any u lose your money and if you do , well then they would be banned from the race im sure..i certainly would not accuse anyone of having it unless i saw it with my own eyes..

10/7/14, 3:26 PM   #25
Nate

You said it dshort, it's people upset that said driver wins and runs well. I mean the original post said he was busted Friday following qualifying. If that's the case why did he still podium on Friday night behind Westfall and eventual winner of the weekend Ruhlman? I went back and watched the footage from both Thursday and Friday and he didn't look to be running any differently. I see it as nothing but jealousy and bitterness unless you want to show me some actual evidence.

1 member likes this post: fish
10/7/14, 3:49 PM   #26
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Pretty darn easy to control if you go back to magnetos and distributors.

4 members like this post: Cjax6x, DaveP63, oldfan49, ThrowbackRacingTeam
10/8/14, 7:17 AM   #27
Bill84

Race Count This Year: 17
Race Count Last Year: 13

The system Dad linked too is just slightly bigger than a quarter, and is designed to work with either a distributor or magneto. I wouldn't want to be the tech person tasked with trying to find one of these units, as I can think of many ways/places to hide one.

Bill

10/8/14, 7:25 AM   #28
old timer

No body runs this stuff!!!!!!!!!!

10/8/14, 11:57 AM   #29
Don 65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
No body runs this stuff!!!!!!!!!!
I agree, That is why these TC companies show up at the PRI show.

10/8/14, 12:46 PM   #30
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill84 View Post
The system Dad linked too is just slightly bigger than a quarter, and is designed to work with either a distributor or magneto. I wouldn't want to be the tech person tasked with trying to find one of these units, as I can think of many ways/places to hide one.

Bill
Bill

Would you be referring to a "cavity search".

I have more pressing concerns, like cost of fuel, Pit passes, will the track be open next year. Traction control and doctored tires are not high on my priority list. A guy gave me a brand new sticker Right rear doctored tire to race on one night, it lasted 15 laps on a Mini Sprint. We like the d3 they last longer.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/8/14 at 12:47 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Traction Control