IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy 500 Ticket Pricing For 2016
5/21/15, 9:04 PM   #31
i love dirt track racing

All that I can say is that I will be going to my 29th indy 500 and its a great family tradition to go to the 500 and have a great weekend with family and friends and the great memories that have happened in them years and will last for a life time. That is priceless. Hope to see you guys at kokomo after indy 500. Go clauson

4 members like this post: Copperhead, dirt330, jjones752, racefan20
5/22/15, 1:38 AM   #32
Re: Indy 500 Ticket Pricing For 2016

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
I disagree about the crowds growing in recent years. You realize, they removed thousands of seats in the last few years...We sit in the northern part of the Tower Terrace, and the last several years it has been "nearly" half empty.. there is no one in the lower seats. I'd bet the deed to my house they're not getting close to 200,000 anymore...
Yes I do know they removed some seats. A section was completely removed by me on the backstretch . I believe it had the least fans and they were relocated maybe as some say to make it look fuller. Of course real attendance likely will never come public.
I look down in turn three infield which used to be completely empty and is now packed full . now thousands of those are there for that dance DJ party and it would certainly be debatable if they even know there is a race going on.
Also I look at parking. I park out in the free parking out in the huge open lot NW of the track. In the early 2000's that was maybe a third full. it has been getting fuller every year and last year it filled and they closed it off.
I can not judge from the good old days as I have only been going post split but I still think attendance has risen since then. I think they are also maybe attracting some non race fans with the other promotions going on like the concerts the day before.
I do however see it as a one day event now qualifying and other lead up events that where heavily attended in the past do not have the excitement they once had.

Bottom line like previous post says its a fun day. I get the kids and friends together and we enjoy the day supporting racing.
And I guess if the crowds are down that will help me get to Kokomo sooner.
Last edited by Points; 5/22/15 at 1:39 AM.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jjones752, VSneader2
5/22/15, 9:06 AM   #33
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

I wonder if it being the 100th running has anything to do with the price increase. I know if I am home from work I will be getting tickets. I have been to every day except race day. I think you will see an increase in attendance next year just due to the fact it is the 100th running.

1 member likes this post: jjones752
5/22/15, 12:56 PM   #34
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister17 View Post
Pack your cooler with your sandwiches, water and beer. Go try to get into any football or baseball game, let me know how it works out for you.
Go try this at Kokomo or Gas City and let me know how it works for you.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
5/22/15, 10:13 PM   #35
retired14

If you remember, the speedway asked for and got a 100 million dollar, interest free loan, either last year or the year before. They have to pay it back at 10 million a year for 10 years starting next year. Ticket prices going up next year, and if you park in a speedway owned lot, the price went up on that also. Coincidence??? Don't think so. They are gonna get most of that 10 million from the fans in the stands. Don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy 500 Ticket Pricing For 2016