IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Speedway Big Money next 5 weeks for Sprints!!
5/18/10, 11:15 PM   #31
Re: Lawrenceburg Speedway Big Money next 5 weeks for Sprints!!
smith19

are there any tracks in america that don't run support classes during their weekly shows? if their is the promotor is stuuuuuuuuuuupid. hell, even most of the usac shows have support classes. if i'm not at a race for at least 4 hrs. i feel ripped off. lol

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
5/18/10, 11:26 PM   #32
BuckeyeBullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan1 View Post
we should all be grateful for a guy like Jwr11 who brings his cars and drivers every week to entertain sprint car fans. i would bet that he cant even drop the trailer door for 1500 dollars at a sprint car race. i dont think there are any fans in the stands because if you look at last week we all had to watch about three hours of hobby stocks and modified races after the sprint car heats before we watched it rain.if i wanted to watch that id go to brownstown.nothing like promoting sprint car racing to get a million stock cars.smells like back gate to me.350 for fifth? wow.
Funniest post of the year I laughed my "back gate" off

5/19/10, 2:43 AM   #33
Tripcrwn

Being from southern California I usually don't have much to say here, but I can't help myself by making the following comment. I don't know Dave Rudisell and I have never been to Lawerenceburg (though I hope to one day). My opinion probably doesn't mean much, but out here now we have waited about seven weeks for the next USAC/CRA show @ Perris. So my comment is this - Mr. Rudisell is a promoter - period and from what I gather is very dedicated to putting on a good show every week. Support classes are what makes everything work and even though I might not be a fan of the supporting class of race cars it is how the promoter makes everything possible for us sprint car fans. Way to go Mr. Rudisell - I hope one day to meet you and be at your fantastic race track!

And I look forward to reading each and every one of your posts!

3 members like this post: Dave Rudisell, FishBurger, interpreter66
5/19/10, 2:52 AM   #34
JasonWatt

Plain and simple, the guy has paid for a banner on this site. He can post as many props for his track as he wants to!

The people / organizations we need to be bashing are the guys who come on here for FREE ADVERTISEMENT. There are several of these out there!!!

Just my .02

Jason Watt
Last edited by JasonWatt; 5/19/10 at 5:48 AM.

2 members like this post: FishBurger, SprintManDave
5/19/10, 7:07 AM   #35
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
we should all be grateful for a guy like Jwr11 who brings his cars and drivers every week to entertain sprint car fans. i would bet that he cant even drop the trailer door for 1500 dollars at a sprint car race. i dont think there are any fans in the stands because if you look at last week we all had to watch about three hours of hobby stocks and modified races after the sprint car heats before we watched it rain.if i wanted to watch that id go to brownstown.nothing like promoting sprint car racing to get a million stock cars.smells like back gate to me.350 for fifth? wow.

Got a name? Isn't what the teams make between the track and the teams? Was not all classes listed when you decided to visit?
Two of the other three classes was openwheel and feeder classes for sprints, Brady Short, Shane Cottle, Jeff Bland? came from Modifieds.

And I'll damn well say it here, LBurg Mods put on one hell of a show, You just don't show up at the burg and make the feature, Thats a feat in itself.

Last year Dave paid out more in the sprint ranks alone than probably 3 indiana sprint car tracks combined
With at least five ten grand to win races and two five grand races. Did he not start 24 if only 24 showed up last year? Some tracks only start 18 and most 20.

He said hes working on it, He usually runs three classes I think the street stocks got a boost from a upcoming 1000 to win show. (Didn't bother me a bit) If not for rain, we'd of been out of there by 11
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/19/10 at 7:13 AM.

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
5/19/10, 12:24 PM   #36
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I do approve of promoting racing Dave but Gas City, Bloomington & Kokomo do pretty well posting once a week about their shows unless there is weather on race day. I understand you have more competition for the racing $ on Saturday than those tracks do. I also know that when people have complained about track conditions or cooler policy etc at those other tracks that the promoter didnt get on here and bang on the poster either. It was an opinion plain and simple. Get some thicker skin and move on with your business.
You should be a better ambassador for your sport. You don't need to keep this up, do you?

Quote:
Gotta have the support classes. What next, go carts are useless?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Speedway Big Money next 5 weeks for Sprints!!