IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Husets
7/9/22, 8:07 AM   #71
Re: Husets
leftrear

Can someone post the format they are using and is it the same all weekend ?

7/9/22, 8:45 AM   #72
DJlives

Go to USAC Racing. Click on schedule for Sprint cars. Click on event info Husets. The format is right there

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
7/9/22, 9:06 AM   #73
Longtime sprinter

Thanks for the updates, wanted to go, but had to settle for Flo! Bet the crowd increases tonight!

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, flagboy55
7/9/22, 9:17 AM   #74
BrentTFunk

Glad you saw a good race. Definitely some passing

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, oppweld
7/9/22, 10:36 AM   #75
openwheelfan1

We watched on Flo and we thought both features were very good. Good racing, with cars coming from deep in the field in both the sprint feature and the midget feature. I actually thought the midget feature had more "hold your breath" moments than did the sprint feature but it may have been the camera just captured more. Either way, it was enjoyable for us to watch.

I was pleasantly surprised at the car counts for both divisions. I was concerned that the sprint car count might be down around 20 or so and low 20's for the midgets.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, ginblueearth
7/9/22, 11:57 AM   #76
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
You bring up some good points. One thing you missed is a lot of teams don't support the higher paying shows either. One thing I noticed during the Eastern Storm was at Williams Grove, there were more wingless cars than wing cars.
Traditionally in Pa the wknd before speedweek starts the count at WG is small. Teams getting their stuff together for 10 straight nites of racing. Yes 10 and no breaks either. Lots of high paying events all with no sanction. They all don’t run every show but participation is high. It sure would be nice to see ISW have paydays like we have here. Can’t ***** about tracks competing against each other either that double wknd stretch in Indiana either. The only down side to Pa speedweek is that WG/Port/Lincoln have two shows each. It’s what we have and something to deal with. Counts of cars might be low this wknd too because of speedweek burnout but the purses will still be good.

7/9/22, 12:23 PM   #77
flagboy55

I wish more of us were here, especially first timers like myself. This place is really great. Way above your common dirt track venue. Just walking around it kinda reminds me of minor league baseball stadium. One thing that worries me, and I hope they are successful enough overall to cover it, is maintenance. A facility like this is going to require work to keep it looking like it does.
Racing last night was great. I’m sure those of you who watched would agree. Talked to Robert after the races. He said it’s still not quite right. If he gets it right could spell trouble for the competition

7/9/22, 12:46 PM   #78
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtime sprinter View Post
Thanks for the updates, wanted to go, but had to settle for Flo! Bet the crowd increases tonight!
Sure hope so! Looked pretty sparse on Flo...
I don't think they "get" wingless cars on the Great Plains. I recall talking to a Knoxville old timer who said he had zero interest in them, too slow
We all know better...

7/9/22, 1:06 PM   #79
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I wish more of us were here, especially first timers like myself. This place is really great. Way above your common dirt track venue. Just walking around it kinda reminds me of minor league baseball stadium. One thing that worries me, and I hope they are successful enough overall to cover it, is maintenance. A facility like this is going to require work to keep it looking like it does.
Racing last night was great. I’m sure those of you who watched would agree. Talked to Robert after the races. He said it’s still not quite right. If he gets it right could spell trouble for the competition
He might think better if he takes his gloves off Go Balluuuee!

Was honestly surprised to see Charles Davis Jr. Not entered.

1 member likes this post: Ilovedirttrackracing
7/9/22, 3:57 PM   #80
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
He might think better if he takes his gloves off Go Balluuuee!

Was honestly surprised to see Charles Davis Jr. Not entered.
When he was here last month I had read that he was taking the hauler to SD and leaving it there while he returned to Cali then flying back to run. Dont know what happened with that.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Husets